[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Layers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: cover1200x1200.jpg (433 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
cover1200x1200.jpg
433 KB, 1200x1200
>album is a backpacker's wet dream

>no discussion on the front page

Did Royce deliver, /mu/?

Personally I don't think it's the album I was hyping it up to be.

As always Royce throws down bar after bar and tells multiple stories, but the album still felt like just a collection of tracks with no real theme or flow amongst the songs. Also I don't think Tabernacle was the best choice as an opener.

That said, I still think it's very worth a listen because the lyricism he packs in here is just outstanding. Most production is good and there's quite a few standout tracks.

I'd easily rank this album below PRhyme and Trust the Shooter.

Thoughts?
>>
better than 80% of today do called hiphop
>>
>17 tracks long
>skits

How about no.
>>
>>64070392
how about quality over quantity, which this album delivers easily unlike trap bullshit, plus real rappers can flow on any type of beat, trap dumbass niggas can't rap on anything but trap beats
>>
>>64070460
>17 tracks long
>quality over quantity

Are you legitimately retarded?
>>
Trust the Shooter was quality over quantity.

Layers is quality with quantity, but a little less on the quality and a little too much on the quantity.

WTF is up with "Hard"? Didn't really seem like an album worthy track to me.

Still loving Tabernacle though.
>>
>>64070491
seems like you are not able to comprehend the difference between the two, frienderino :^) I'd rather take 17 quality tracks over 30 shit tier trap songs with unintelligible gibberish vocals
>>
>>64070792
Show me a trap album with over 30 tracks.

I'll wait.
>>
>>64070718
some fillers, some really good tracks, it's inconsistent as whole album but still enjoyable
>>
>>64070807
calm your tits, your autism is showing. ever heard about figurative speech?
>>
>>64070380
>>64070460
>>64070792
Please go back to the YouTube comments section.

Fucking hell didn't realise people actually unironically used the word "real" when describing hip-hop.
>>
>>64070827
>makes up bullshit
>hurr no your autistic

You seem like a smart guy ;)
>>
>>64070792
17 tracks is really fucking long for a rap album. That's what he's saying.
>>
>>64070827
He's saying that 17 tracks is prioritizing quantity you fucking brain-damaged shitposter
>>
>>64070847
>>64070866
my bad, I keep forgetting that deluxe editions get about 19, 20 tracks
>>
>>64070924
In what fucking world?

A decently sized hip-hop album will have like 13-14 tracks. Deluxe editions, which aren't even that common anymore, will add like 2 extra tracks.
>>
>>64070866
Cool the jets pham
>>
I'm gonna ignore the obviously mentally damaged retard derailing this thread and say I was decently pleased with Layers. It had a good bit of filler but that was something I expected to be honest. But on the songs where Royce brought it, he did a great job of storytelling, making witty punchlines, and even getting more personal than we've probably ever seen him. I also quite liked the production for a good lot of the release even though it wasn't anything special
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.