[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you guys like this band so much? Don't get me wrong,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: cover_141592172004.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
cover_141592172004.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
Why do you guys like this band so much?

Don't get me wrong, they sound good.

But to me they don't stand apart from other instrumental bands.
>>
Can you give me proof of your claims? What other instrumental bands?
>>
>>64069645
Explosions in the Sky, Animals as Leaders, Boards of Canada.

My opionion of course
>>
>>64069722
Well two of those bands aren't post-rock, so they aren't really comparable. And the one that is (explosions in the sky) is extremely derivative of GY!BE work. Godspeed You! Black Emperor defined and ended "crescendo core" post-rock while EitS just continues to make the same stuff, except a bit worse. And that's all while GY!BE continues to make more varied stuff
>>
>>64069722
*opinion....damn mobile
>>
>>64069593
I agree with you, they definitely sound "different" and I can easily enjoy their records, but I don't get what makes people love them so much.
>>
>>64069795
Okay, I can certainly understand that reasoning. The bands I mentioned are interesting to me...but that's of course relative
>>
>>64069876
I'm not saying there uninteresting. BoC is definitely a great act. I'm just giving you some perspective, I guess
>>
>>64069895
That's what I asked for, so no worries.
>>
They were on of the most original bands of their time while also being relatively accessible.
For an instrumental band, they are also pretty different to that which predated it.
Now, I don't like them at all. Don't dislike them, but I don't get any enjoyment when listening to them.
>>
>OP puts the subject in the name field

Fag
>>
>>64069722
Those bands are like the McDonalds version of GY!BE...
>>
>>64070055
The McDonald's version of Burger King?
>>
>>64070045
Were you expecting noko or sage? Get over it.
>>
>>64070215
It happens every fucking time with the most basic bands here or simplest topics on the other boards which always tells a lot about OP.
>>
Fuck.
Knowing /mu/ I always thought this was some generic rock album and never bothered to look it up but this is actually pretty interesting stuff.
>>
I recommend you to wacth a Moya live that there is in YouTube because is fucking amazing. Maybe at first is a little boring but by the end is like woahWOaAH
>>
Essentially the band that killed post-rock by inventing crescendocore

They should be as despised as Explosions in the Sky, God Is An Astronaut etc. They're just as bland, insipid and uninspired.
>>
Godspeed You Black Emperor is shit, just like everything else you faggots listen to. oooooohhhh, you're so obscure! congratuations! get a job, get off your computer, and join the real world. if you're lucky out here you'll get to turn on the radio once in a while in the car on the way to work and hear the new katy perry song. if you're lucky.

walk down the street and ask the first twenty people you see if they've ever heard of this band. fucking hipsters. "my music is so obscure that i call relatively obscure music mainstream!" wow! you must be so enlightened compared to all those plebs out there. clearly you're so much smarter and better than them!

you claim these bands aren't obscure is because they're old news in your little clique of people who are "so hip" to music, and that you so readily move onto the next new thing because nobody else had heard of it, in hopes that it becomes popular so you can say "i had that ep before they were big, but they've changed and now they suck." you really are better than everyone else out there. you got me.

i come from the real world. of adults. where people aren't so concerned about their anonymous online image that they let an entire album play through on lastfm so people don't think they're a pleb. where people just listen to consumable radio music when it's on, and aren't trying to outdo each other with obscurity so that they can feel superior.

you people create an internet culture that you think is more "cutting-edge" to make yourselves feel superior to more popular opinions, whether it's in music or in the imageboard you post music on. i'm surprised there aren't people here claiming that 4chan is passe and looking for more obscure boards to become a part of. that way, they're one of the select few who "gets it" while all those other drones are just doing what their told.
>>
File: 1293393293093.jpg (99 KB, 600x891) Image search: [Google]
1293393293093.jpg
99 KB, 600x891
>>64070524
Ayyy this pasta is fresh!!!!
>>
>>64070496
You imply that crescendo core is inherently bad. GY!BE is the only good crescendo-core band. The created it and they killed it, so post rock just needs to find another direction rather than just being derivative of GY!BE. It isn't there fault and they still make good music
>>
>>64070524
nice
>>
>>64069593
This band game be a spiritual experience when I went to see them live. Nothing I've ever seen compares and I was stone cold sober at the time
>>
>>64070496
>hey faggot enjoying your 'music'.jpeg
one day I'd like to see someone give a genuine reason for hating 'crescendocore'. It's literally hating things because other people on the internet hate it. It's so childish

>>64070524
nice
>>
>>64070568
>>64070608
>>64070684

Yes fresh. Posted in a Grimes thread earlier.
>>
>>64070731
we know cunt no need to explain the joke
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.