[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't think I have ever seen a Michael Jackson thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: MJ.jpg (97 KB, 648x579) Image search: [Google]
MJ.jpg
97 KB, 648x579
I don't think I have ever seen a Michael Jackson thread on /mu/

Best of Michael Jackson
discuss, meme, shitpost, I don't care
>>
>>64055801
He wasn't good as Prince

prove me wrong
>>
>>64055884
Prince's 80s music is the most dated music of all time.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>64055884

You're right, he wasn't. But he's still great. I'd honestly take Thriller over Purple Rain tbqh
>>
>>64055884
>prove me wrong

Why?
>>
>>64055884
Michael Jackson was as good as James Brown and James Brown was better than Prince.
>>
Off the Wall > Thriller, amirite?
>>
>>64055987
Not by much but yes.
>>
How much of Michael's music was actually written by him? Quincy Jones has writing credits for most of Thriller. Did Michael actually compose anything or did he just come up with vocal melodies?
>>
>>64055801
Michael Jackson is one of the greatest vocalists of all time.
>>
Is Smooth Criminal his best song?

I'm sure it is
>>
>>64057064

Alien ant farm did a pretty smooth cover of it
>>
>>64057064
I think it's Another Part of Me or Earth Song desu

Very much enjoyed his songs about loving each other and the planet, they always sounded more heartfelt than his pop hits

He was clearly a very gentle soul
>>
>>64055801
in this picture in particular michael jackson is fucking sexy
>>
>>64057250
kys
>>
File: boi.jpg (47 KB, 640x626) Image search: [Google]
boi.jpg
47 KB, 640x626
>>64057689
>>
Thriller's a great song, but that's about it.

He was so far inferior to Marvin Gaye, Otis Redding, The Temptations, and so many others in R&B.

At some point R&B went from one of the best, most respectable things in music, complete with powerful instrumentation and emotive vocals, to wimpy synthy bullshit with people trying to sound prepubescent. MJ is that turning point. That's his legacy.
>>
Circa 1981 was GOAT MJ.
>>
>>64056147
Came up with quite a bit actually
>>
>>64057777
>Inferrior to so many others in R&B
>"King of pop"
>>
>>64055987
agreed
>>
>>64057852
Brian Wilson was much more deserving of that title.
>>
>>64057899
Brian Wilson is deserving of more than a 'King of Pop' moniker

He's like the God of Pop
>>
Wanna Be Startin' Somethin ...

easily the best
>>
Thriller is his best album
>>
Dangerous was way ahead of its time
>>
>>64057993
that ending is wonderful
>>
Human nature...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y3dsAY_a_I
>>
File: Ni3AWru_.png (292 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Ni3AWru_.png
292 KB, 512x512
The real question is, did he really do it?
>>
>>64057250
so did that one organ grinder guy
>>
Stranger in Moscow is GOAT
>>
best song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uj3zitETs4
>>
he didn't fucking write anything, he was to stupid for that, he had the brain of an eight year-old
>>
>>64057064

That's not how you spell Remember the Time
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.