[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>when she says she likes indie >"ya know Lorde, The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: tiger woods.jpg (104 KB, 498x884) Image search: [Google]
tiger woods.jpg
104 KB, 498x884
>when she says she likes indie
>"ya know Lorde, The Neighborhood, 21 Pilots, the 1975, Lana Del Rey, the list goes on"
>>
>show a girl Spiderland
>she stops talking to me

fuck you guys
>>
>>64053523
>when shes a girl and i dont care, long as i get some head or get to fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 225x225
>>64053565
>Shows a girl Spiderland, an album that is hard to appreciate without at least a mild understanding of the history of rock music.
>>
>>64053688
>thinking spiderland is deep
>>
>>64053523
But those are all independent artists
>>
Is being a "patrician" really the only quality you look for in a girl? Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaym.
>>
File: 61CMZ3JsM2L._SL290_.jpg (12 KB, 288x290) Image search: [Google]
61CMZ3JsM2L._SL290_.jpg
12 KB, 288x290
>>64053748
>Universal Music Group
>Independant
>>
>>64053787
ass and titties and face too are also important
>>
>>64053688
That's just not true. The only thing I listened to in high school was Metallica and britpop. Then I listened to hip-hop for years and happened upon Spiderland and was completely taken with it.

>>64053523
Every time I show some chick music we tend to stop sharing music with one another. It becomes something to avoid, pretty funny. Everything else is fair game except talking about music.
>>
I fucking hate this board
>>
>>64053831
this
this is all that matters in a girl
who gives a fuck about her shitty taste or political opinions. just swallow your pride and tolerate 21 pilots and bernie panders bullshit if it lets you smack dat fat ass at night bro
>>
>>64053847
Hehehehehehe xD
>>
>>64053847
re normies re

Go to your hugbox autist.
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>64053857
This guy gets it you fucking virgins.

99..9% of the time you're not going to find a hot girl who likes patrician free jazz/jap shoegaze krautrock fusion or whatever. Tumblrcore is prob the best you're gonna get.
>>
>>64053906
my gf is an 8/10 and she likes talking heads
suck my dick
>>
>>64053935
That's great man I'm happy for you, just know she's not common.
>>
>>64053906
Call me sentimental, but I'd like a some sort of connection or companionship with a woman, if that's possible
>>
>>64053565
Women will very rarely understand Spiderland. The events of that album and the unsettling murder vibe that goes with it is not something they experience. They of course experience heart break but not in the style that album conveys. It's just a bad album to show off to girls.
>>
>>64053951
Yeah because the only connection you can possibly feel with another person is through shared music taste...

In fact those relationships are always usually the worst because once you break up there are whole albums you can't listen to anymore without feeling like garbage.
>>
>>64054040
That's not what I said, but the guy you were agreeing with said it's all about looks and everything.
>>
What if she says Kurt Vile??
>>
>>64053906
nah those are easy to find in college. it's just they're batshine insane and are constantly suicidal

you friend and fuck those. but never date them.

>>64053523
anyway stop being an autist over music find other shit to talk about. Majority of people think their music taste is the best. Just avoid talking about it
>>
>>64053857
u can pick up random girls and do that and not tolerate shitty opinions
>>
>>64054214
>pick up random girls
>am 5'10 manlet 4channer with 6/10 face and 4 pack abs

nice try
>>
>>64054581
Stop making excuses. 5'5 here, doesn't stop me none to get girls man.
>>
>>64054629
good joke
>>
>>64054639
Only joke here is you fella, making excuses for being unable to get girls and whatnot.
>>
>>64054639
>>64054581
Height doesn't matter as much as you think stop browsing /fit/ all day.

Most girls are shorter than 5'10 and if you care that much get boots or something and get an extra 2 inches and boom you're 6 feet. I'm 5'7 and I don't give a shit. I might not get laid often but that's for entirely different reasons.
>>
There's more to a girl than just music taste. I've learned to just never talk about what music I like because they won't care anyways.
>>
>>64054751
This
>>
>>64054639
a friend of mine is 5'7 skinnyfat and he gets a fair amount of qt pussy. I'm 6'0 and get none :(
>>
>>64054673
why would girls pick me when they can pick the alpha 6'4 chad football player with a six pack rich parents nice clothes a car 9/10 face and experience talking to girls? i can't compete with that. i'm 18 and a virgin and i dont have a prom date while all my friends do.

i've been non stop hitting the gym 6 times a week for 4 months now and eating healthy and while i'm getting fitter and a better body girls still aren't talking to me. my facial aesthetics are ass. how the fuck do i talk to girls if i don't know any girls in the first place? i can't just go up to one and say hi if i don't know them that's just creepy.
>>
>>64054797
Lmao dude get off /fit/ and /r9k/ and grow a fucking pair. If you really are as fit as you say you should have no problems talking to girls if you have an iota of confidence and decent clothes/hygiene.

Confidence and charisma are really 90% of it all. Looks help, but they can't carry you.
>>
>>64054797
... get off /fit/ that place is shit now jesus christ
lifting doesn't get you girls just club sluts at edm festivals.

Just start talking to people and join some kind of social event.
>>
>>64054751
This so much.

>>64054797
>girls still aren't talking to me.

Because you have to talk to them. Don't get all Elliot Rogers on us man.

>why would girls pick me when they can pick the alpha 6'4 chad football player with a six pack rich parents nice clothes a car 9/10 face and experience talking to girls?

Because like anyone else in this world, women don't know what they want until it's right in front of them. That ain't no shit neither, you talk to some gal, she might like you, she might not. If she don't, easy come easy go move on. Fucking /fit/ and /r9k/ have hypnotized you man the real world ain't like those places. There's PLENTY of women for a 5'10 in shape young man like you.
>>
>>64054797
Join a club
Wait until college
Go to parties
Get your friends to find you a prom date
Get the fuck off 4chan while you still have the chance
>>
>>64054797
I can tell from the internet that you're awkward af. Believe me when I say ugly boys can get women, it's all about confidence. You probably have weird vibes that scare chicks off.
>>
File: 1455074771874.jpg (84 KB, 576x530) Image search: [Google]
1455074771874.jpg
84 KB, 576x530
>>64054924
I'm awkward af and still have friends and get laid at parties. I just own up to it and embrace it

weird vibes are cool if you talk to the right chicks
>>
Not sure why people keep saying that 'indie' is a genre.

Indie is a way to produce music, not THE music.
>>
>>64054977
Yeah but but awkward I don't mean adorkable that can endearing depending on how you attractive you are or how you handle it. I'm talking about "BOY HE BOUT TO DO IT" type of awkward.
>>
>>64053523
>he thinks there is no such thing as mainstream indie
>>
>>64054924
This is true, I'm ugly and out of shape but I put on a thick layer of fake confidence to mask it all and girls eat it up
>>
>>64055014
oh yeah I feel you
basically somebody who isn't self aware
>>
>>64054885
i suppose you're right but the thing is i have no idea HOW to approach them or talk to them or to start a conversation. i literally haven't talked to one since my freshman year outside of discussing homework/project plans or drunk girls at parties. i've been one one date in my entire life and have gotten a grand total of 2 girl's numbers all 4 years.
>>64054847
My clothes suck because I'm poor but I know how to dress and my clothes match and I browse /fa/ from time to time so I can make it look decent sometimes.
>>64054900
I do go to parties. i have plenty of friends that are dudes and i get invited to hang out/party/etc. with chads but i just can't talk to girls because they'd think i'm a sketchy perv if i just said hi to them randomly without knowing them.

I can't leave 4chan pham. This place is like home to me.

>>64054924
wouldn't be surprised tbqh
>>64054879
Yeah maybe /fit/ has been fucking with my head
I'd be ok with average club sluts tbqh. Really anyone willing desu.
>>
>>64055014
Damn sorry guys, I fucked up with the words. Sleep deprivation has taken its toll on me. You get what I mean tho
>>
>>64055014
ok i'm nowhere near some meme spouting fuck
i understand the difference between internet and irl and i'm pretty hygienic so no acne/fedora/greasy hair/neckbeard/etc.

i'm pretty awkward and quiet but i know how to get along with normies fairly well and make friends, just not girls. people find my personality endearing and see me as some kind of laid-back "insightful" stoner movie character type.
>>
>>64053935
> implying talking heads isn't accessible
> implying talking heads is patrician
When will this meme end?
>>
>>64055132
Fuck some tumblrwhores. Just become Mac Demarco.
>>
>>64055077
>because they'd think i'm a sketchy perv if i just said hi to them randomly without knowing them.

Friend when you talk to someone, especially a chick, 99% of the time they are thinking about things like "do I smell good? What should I say next? My fucking feet hurt." They're not thinking about how you look some sketchy perv, guaranteed.
>>
>>64055132
>see me as some kind of laid-back "insightful" stoner movie character type.
nah m8 stoner's get laid
think you just need to get out of your safe zone and start getting rejected by tons of girls every week until you figure it out
good luck
>>
>>64055077
>I can't leave 4chan pham. This place is like home to me.
Your making a grave mistake for some breif and cheap satisfaction. This place is a disease on 'normal' thinking.
>>
>>64053523
>>64053788

I mean TECHNICALLY Adele is an independent artist since she's on XL. Same with Grimes (4AD, though that is probably the most major of the independent labels).

Your publicity/marketing/etc. is slightly more important than your label, who just pays for studio time.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.