[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pgg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: hope six.jpg (72 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
hope six.jpg
72 KB, 319x319
Digging the fuck out of this on the first listen, and her albums are usually growers, so I'm hoping I'll come to like it even more.

Also its a perfect album for luring that qt that performs folkie shit at the open mike and wears a Bernie pin
>>
>>64047383
damnit, subject was supposed to be /pjg/ and now I can't change it
>>
link?
>>
>>64047429
newalbumreleases.net
>>
>River Anacostia
>The Orange Monkey
>The Ministry of Social Affairs
>The Wheel

all of these tracks are GOAT

The Community of Hope also works great as the opener to this thing.
>>
I am liking it so far. It's like Stories From The City + political charge from LES. I'll throw it into constant rotation.
>>
>>64047778
its like you read The Quietus review
>>
>>64047971
I only read The Wire.
>>
Bumping in hope of music discussion
>>
>>64049086
What was your favorite moment on the album? I thought that the sax at the end of The Ministry Of Social Affairs was absolutely brilliant.
>>
>>64049127
The guitar at the beginning of Ministry Of Defence, simple and relatively loud and contrasting nicely with her voice and the previous song

Speaking of Communtiy Of Hope has been stuck in my head since I first heard it a few weeks ago - so maybe it's melody
>>
hopefully critics can actually discuss the music rather than attempting to deconstruct the politics of privilege and why pj harvey is bad because she didn't help people enough (read stereogum for more of this bullshit)

the singles i've heard were great, hopefully pj can pull this shit off again
>>
>>64047383
it piss
it sick
it revolting
>>
7.6 from p4k, this album is not worth discussion
>>
what went wrong with /mu/? this board is dead af, all thats left is meme posters and k-pop posters
>>
>>64050648
if anything that makes it good you retard p4k cocksucking dingus
>>
>>64050648
It seems like the album and you have something in common
>>
>>64050009
>talk about things without bring your opinion obnoxiously into it
OH MY GOD WHY ISN"T SHE HELPING

>bring opinion into it
WHY DOES SHE IMPOSE HER PRIVILEGED NARRATIVE ONTO THEIR STORY

I doubt PJ cares (especially seeing as how she's not doing interviews for this album). She's said what she wanted to say, didn't say what she didn't want to say and is smart enough to know that people are going to bitch either way.

Just look at Anacostia's reaction to the lead track and video .

>they never even got that Wal Mart
>>
>>64050732
it's people who are so arrogant as to assume what role a musician should take with regards to social issues. so fucking annoying, especially when she spent like, five years all over the world meeting people and getting involved and shit, then some hack writer from stereogum or pitchfork or whatever who's sole contributions to the world are slapping an arbitrary number on a piece of music has the gall to actually say "well pj, what can you do for these people? what's with the poor people voyeurism?"

maybe it's because she can't build a fucking utopia with her own hands, she's just a songwriter with a guitar for fuck's sake. anyway, pitchfork are irrelevant because their "take" on music and art is informed more by culture and society than it is actual, genuine opinions on the music. so fuck em.
>>
Took her 5 years to release LES B-sides?
>>
>>64050831
Don't forget the fact that those publications also tend to reward artists who glorify and encourage the problems that make places like Washington DC shitholes
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.