[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Turn of the decade albums
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
The more I listen to this album, the more it sounds like a perfect transition from 80s era music to defining the 90s. What are more examples of albums defining the sound of the next decade for their genre?
>>
>>64045861
White Light/White Heat
>>
Led Zeppelin's late 60s albums.
>>
Late 00s/early 10s: Washed Out
>>
>>64045861
60s = The doors St
70s= Unknown pleasures
80s= Daydream nation
90s= Ok computer
00's= Mpp
>>
>>64046148
I think 808's and heartbreak is a better example of it in the 00's even though I'll take Anco over kanye any day.
>>
>>64046148
Post-punk in the 80s sounded like Unknown Pleasures?
Rock in the 00's sounded like Ok Computer?
In what way?
>>
>>64045986
correct
>>
>>64046233
I choosed mpp, because i think its a good blend of early 00's indie pop rock and late 00's electrónic music.Plus the álbum was quite influential
>>
>>64046148
What...
>>
>>64046317
It didnt sound like unknown pleasures. (For ghe most part) but pretty much shaped all the aesthethic of the 80s alternative music
>>
90s = ITAOTS
>>
>>64046233
Correct
>>64046334
But op is talking about decade transition. Almost all hip hop music has been influenced by 808's, even if mostly indirectly.
ps: Kanyefags are the worst but that nigger made just one good album
>>
>>64046148
Because only rock existed through all those decades
>>
>>64046501
>retarded anon who can't read
>>
>>64045861
Actually, most of it sounds just '80s to me. Still an awesome album though.
>>
What's your fav song off of ST?

Mine's either Made of Stone, or She Bangs the Drums
>>
Low by David Bowie. Influenced a shitload of 80s acts. Robert Smith's said before that it's his favourite album IIRC.
>>
File: folder.jpg (342 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
342 KB, 1000x1000
>>64045861
Happy Mondays - Pills, Thrills And Bellyaches because it was THE rock / dance crossover when the Hacienda became DJs, acid house and rave began and rock officially died.
>>
File: bummed.jpg (1 MB, 1181x1181) Image search: [Google]
bummed.jpg
1 MB, 1181x1181
>>64047981
I think you mean bummed
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.