[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on him as a guitar player?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: th14W9GEAK.jpg (15 KB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
th14W9GEAK.jpg
15 KB, 300x290
What are your thoughts on him as a guitar player?
>>
he's technically decent but his appeal is definitely stronger as asongritwer, he isn't dull enough to be considered bad though, I like his style
>>
>>64039682
>technically decent
lol what, he used and made weird time signatures work better than almost all other guitarists before him. he's much more than decent when it comes to his technical skills.

Unrelated, but most of the people who are quick to shit on him by saying his music was too "easy" or not innovative enough would have a considerably hard time trying to play his songs, even those who are decent guitar players.
>>
his songs are far more difficult than you would think to accurately reproduce on a guitar, seriously.

overall a fantastic musician and artist, shame he died so young.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vzkB8fScIY

I've had this song stuck in my head all day. He played blues like nobody else
>>
boring songwriter but adequate guitarist
>>
>>64041011
well he ain't no dan auberbach
>>
Literally who?
>>
Was it suicide?
It's hard to say, but it's no secret that he had huge battles with depression.
>>
>>64042365
Nick Drake
>>
>>64042406
It doesn't matter if it was accidental or not. Every member of his family stated he crossed the no going back despair horizon following Pink Moon. He didn't bathe, trim his fingernails, brush his teeth, cut his hair, etc. and wouldn't leave his room for weeks at a time. Read articles by doctors who think he may have lapsed into schizophrenia, or began to.
>>
>>64040864
>saying anyone did anything better than almost all guitarists before them
>>
>>64042406
It was interesting reading up about him. Nobody knows if he killed himself on purpose or not, but apparently his parents like to think it was an accident but his sister likes to think it was suicide since she would prefer to think he went out on his own terms than it being an accident.
>>
His guitar playing is really clean, despite any fuckboy who says it's just easy fingerpicking patterns over strategic tunings. Nah, dude's legitimately a good guitar player and songwriter. Love Bryter Layter, but I'll admit the general feel of each song is kind of samey.

IE: Wish he lived longer so he could have matured more as a songwriter. Regardless, his music is what you throw on when you havin' sex with the indie girls.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.