[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he right, /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 1470x208) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 1470x208
Is he right, /mu/?
>>
No I don't think so. I would say I am more into music than others (not the way /mu/ is), and I can still respect others opinions and not look down on them for what they listen to
>>
permute movies, literature and music in any order and it still makes sense

this guy has just been btfo too many times regarding music

every kind of judgment like this is an expression of personal pain
>>
>>64034086
yes. Most people don't know I'm into music besides my friends
>>
>People can be snobby about movies and literature and still be cool but being a cunt about music is the true mark of a permavirgin hipster shitstain

(not true, by the way)
>>
>people can be snobby about movies and literature and still be cool
Retard confirmed. A total snob is a cunt, regardless of the subject of their snobbery.
>>
At least we don't drop a nasty note in A minor
>>
>>64034086
/tv/ is essentially reddit at this point. I think being into music is no different than anything else
>>
>/tv/

no
>>
>>64034086
nah nobody likes snobs no matter what they're into
>>
I sometimes see comments like that about /mu/ and wonder where these people are coming from. /Mu/'s taste is pretty typical across the board -- Kanye, Radiohead, Neutral Milk Hotel... all the essentials charts, whether for hip hop or classic rock or metal, have all the typical canon stuff on it.

I think most of the people who act like /mu/ is full of super-obscure tryhards are probably buttrockers.
>>
File: MuhCellPhone.png (129 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MuhCellPhone.png
129 KB, 300x300
>implying anybody on this site is an actual hipster snob

I'm tired of this meme. /mu/ listens to Slint, Radiohead, Animal Collective, and MBV. These aren't hipster bands, these are critically acclaimed safe alt-rock choices. /tv/ watches capeshit and flicks. /lit/ reads DFW and Gravity's Rainbow.
>>
i have no idea what that person is even trying to say
>>
>>64034197
>buttrockers
is that your new memeword? Maybe, just MAYBE you're talking about real music fans who don't fall for your precious carly kanye swift meme and develop a unique taste, thus distanciating themselves from our generation's muzak?
>>
File: hannahf7.jpg (232 KB, 1200x1757) Image search: [Google]
hannahf7.jpg
232 KB, 1200x1757
It's not rocket science, this board is filled with insufferable teenagers and insufferable teenagers love thinking they're special for the music they listen to. It's something most people have completely grown out of by the time they're 19 or 20.
>>
>>64034250
Buttrock refers to post-grunge but /mu/ uses it for pretty much any rock music with balls.
>>
>>64034250
>real music fans

look at this snob
>>
File: sheed.jpg (29 KB, 267x400) Image search: [Google]
sheed.jpg
29 KB, 267x400
>>64034280
>he thinks about balls while listening to music
>>
>>64034184
Nice, someone has a brain.
>>
>>64034289
>snob
not an argument
>>
File: hannahf2.jpg (215 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
hannahf2.jpg
215 KB, 1200x800
>>64034308
Not what that means, but you already knew that.
>>
>>64034308
sheeed
>>
/tv/ is the biggest assemblage of neckbeardos on 4chan.

When someone says 'I'm into movies", you immediately know you're dealing with a cock-gobbler. But when they actually start getting argumentative about 'muh movies', their all-consuming faggotry goes nuclear. People debate the merits of their favorite musical genres all the time without being tremendous flaming assholes about it, but this is a life skill the arrested kissless virgins of /tv/ have yet to develop.

(copypasta is easy to write. if it wasn't, people would get paid to do it)
>>
File: 1397716701606.jpg (23 KB, 195x186) Image search: [Google]
1397716701606.jpg
23 KB, 195x186
>>64034086
I can almost guarantee this post is from someone who came here, made a post about imagine dragons or some shit, got btfo, then resorted to

>WHATEVER GUYS ITS JUST FUN OKAY SORRY ITS NOT SOME 2DEEP5U SHIT MUSIC IS SUBJECTIVE ANYWAY

and is still salty about it today
>>
>>64034410
Yeah man I don't know about this. I've been to /tv/ and most boards on 4chan. No board is more insufferable and blatantly filled with shitty children than /mu/ is.
>>
>>64034477
Eh, that's pretty debatable and can go either way depending on the way you look at things yourself

HOWEVER if you think /mu/ is the most filled with insufferable children then obviously you've never been to /co/.
>>
>>64034086
What music do you think he listens to?
>>
>>64034477
maybe you post on shit threads, there's plenty of solid threads on /mu/
>>
>>64034086
kek, I saw that thread and that guy was a massive fucking retard
>>
File: 1422127164688.png (407 KB, 467x750) Image search: [Google]
1422127164688.png
407 KB, 467x750
No.

He's obviously just got bad taste. Poor little pedophilic /tv/ pissbaby had his favorite dadrock band shat on by /mu/.

So sad. :/ :/ :'/
>>
>>64034508
Gr*mes
>>
>>64034507
True, I guess comic books get more attention from jids than anything else.

>>64034512
This board is remarkably shitty and so is almost every thread.
>>
>>64034477
/tv/ is infinitely worse you dip
>>
>>64034539
>jids
you're what makes this board so remarkably shitty, take your tinfoil /pol/shit elsewhere
>>
>>64034477
>No board is more insufferable and blatantly filled with shitty children than /mu/ is.
Is this supposed to be a joke?
>>
>>64034539
>almost
that's the keyword, just avoid the bad threads
>>
/tv/ is 100x better and probably older than /mu/ even if they are reddit

even /a/ is better than /mu/
>>
>>64034638
t. BLACKEDposter
>>
>>64034638
100 times zero is still zero
>>
>>64034653
i don't really browse /tv/ all that often but the times i do go there it is much more enjoyable than here.

even in threads about music i enjoy it's still awful. how fucked does a board have to be for that to happen
>>
>>64034410
That's because you don't understand how baiting on 4chan works. In all likelihood the post in the OP was made a /mu/ user who then decided to falseflag as someone from /tv/ for maximum replies. Hell the OP of this thread is probably the guy who made the original post.
>>
>>64034695
this is the real OP
>>
>listening to /tv/s opinion on anything
>>
>>64034250
music was a mistake
>>
>People can be snobby about art and art and still be cool but being a cunt about art is the true mark of a permavirgin hipster shitstain
>>
>>64034583
Kids, kids you fucking clown. It was a typo. What the fuck is jids?

>>64034586
Agreed.
>>
>>64035355
Well, I guess I fucked up as much as you because I misread it as jidf
>>
>>64035368
Lol no dude that's nonsense.
>>
>>64035386
It stands for Jewish Internet Defense Force and it's used by /pol/ conspiratards
>>
>>64034114
Kill yourself
>>
we can all agree the worst snobs are video game snobs
>>
>>64035575
That's anime snobs actually.
>>
>caring about a pedophile's opinions
>>
Almost no one on /tv/ has a legitimate interest in movies/film beyond capeshit, fantasy crap like LotR, sci-fi garbage like Star Wars, basically all the most popular flicks in Hollywood.

Try to start a thread about foreign films, you'll be lucky to get 15 replies and that's only if it's Korean. Try to start a thread about a film like No Country or TWBB and you'll be called a hipster or a pleb or something about being "entry-level". Try to argue that OGF or Valhalla Rising is better than Drive (which they are) and you'll get philistines who missed the whole point of the films raging about how their autistic ultra-violent neo-noir revenge film is better.

At least other boards like /mu/ and /lit/ care about things other than the mainstream or what could be considered the "pop" of their favorite artistic and/or entertainment medium(s).
>>
>>64036305
>dismissing a person's potentially valid claims due to their other opinions
>>
>>64034086
>>People can be snobby about movies and literature and still be cool but being a cunt about ...
Why?

>when someone is "into" music, they are typically already a faggot
wut, why?
>>
>>64036405
pedo detected
>>
>>64036447
ebin
>>
>>64034508
Something from this small sub-group of all music ever created>
Whateaver is or was mainstream at some point of time, on his country of birth, the country he lives now, UK, Usa and maybe japan, this includes also anime music, tv shows music, music he saw on ads, movie music, game music
>>
>>64035402
>It stands for Jewish Internet Defense Force and it's used by /pol/ conspiratards
Yes, its used by /pol/ conspiratards
http://www.thejidf.org/
>>
>>64036523
Well shit, I thought it was just a meme. The way most /pol/tards consider is still pretty tinfoil though.
>>
/mu/ is the most one of the most normalfag boards on the site.
This leads to shitty memes, awful threads, and childish shitflinging arguments because normalfags are awful at creating memes, cant into imageboard culture, and take any dissenting opinion as a personal attack on their own taste.
I only come to this board to find music that I might like because a broken clock is right twice a day.
>>
>>64034227
i don't think you've talked to normies.
don't get me wrong, most of this board is not listening to OBSCURE music but it's certainly not something you can start a conversation with 99% of people about. Heck, the only thing most people know of Radiohead is Creep and that's it. And that's Radiohead let alone something that is a little less accessible like any Post-Rock, Math-Rock, Texture- or Noise-based music, etc.

TL;DR - No /mu/ as a whole is not listening to top-secret music but compared to 99% of people, we listen to the weird stuff
>>
>>64036551
here for the spongebob and share threads and thats it
>>
>>64036586
>we
>>
>>64036551

>/mu/
>normalfag

I don't think you even know what actual normalfags are like.
>>
>>64036659
Normalfags
-like rap
-speak in ebonics online
-like shitty facebook memes
-get triggered when someone says "nigger" online
I dunno man, Im seeing a lot of similarities
>>
>>64036709
Normalfags
-eat food
-breath air
-take shits
-use the internet
Hello normalfag :^)
>>
>>64036741
Normalfags
-shitpost on 4chan
-give out generous amounts of (You)s
-use smileys on imageboards
hello normalfag
>>
>>64036709

normalfags wouldn't be able to name a fourth of the artists that are considered "/mu/core"
normalfags don't listen to full albums
normalfags very rarely know anything that hasn't gotten heavy radio play or was featured in a popular movie
normalfags don't know what Pitchfork or rateyourmusic is, and they don't know who Anthony Fantano or Pierro Scaruffi is
even normalfags who claim to be music fans are generally just redditors who worship dadrock and are "born in the wrong generation" and think they're special because they listen to bands like Pink Floyd

etc.

/mu/ isn't as bad as /r9k/ but we are WAAAY more autistic than actual normalfags
>>
film is fucking trash. it's a fledgling art form that has neither the history nor the perspective lent by time and age necessary to appropriately evaluate it. elitism in music and literature has existed for over a thousand years. there's been a steady dialogue going since the very beginning. pseudo-intellectual "students of film" have been discussing the medium for barely a century.

as it stands today, film criticism is a complete joke and you should laugh at anyone who takes it seriously or tries to convince you they know what they're talking about.
>>
>>64036788
>>64036781
>>64036376
>>64034410
>>64034227

this
>>
>>64034250
It's such an ugly word. Can't stand it.
>>
>>64035431
>btfo
>>
>>64036788
You're an idiot.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.