[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://pitchfork.com/news/64764-bon o-tells-us-senate-to-sen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
http://pitchfork.com/news/64764-bono-tells-us-senate-to-send-amy-schumer-sacha-baron-cohen-chris-rock-after-isis/

fuck this faggot

u2 were never good
>>
that's actually pretty based tbqh

amy schumer isn't funny at all
>>
>>64033725
This desu senpai,
People just hate bono as a meme
>>
I definitely think we should send Amy Schimer to ISIS
>>
peak U2 were pretty good. new year's day is a classic.
>>
>>64033674
War was pretty good
>>
>>64033674

>amy schumer
>chirs rock
>sacha baron cohen

>woman
>black
>jew

>actually spending time to put diversity in his joke which is the very thing that is killing this world
>>
>>64035359
>>actually spending time to put diversity in his joke which is the very thing that is killing this world
you might be actually retarded
>>
>>64033911
More like because he's an arrogant cunt who's only the face of third world because he wants to seen as "good".
>>
>>64034004
>>64034020
>U2
>good
>ever
>>
>>64035393
whether or not he's doing it to be seen as good he's still helped more people than anybody on this board probably has

fuck the haters bono is a G
>>
>>64035410
you have never listened to any of u2's good songs have you
>>
>>64035422
he literally fakes charity work to promote his shitty music dude
>>
>>64035422
U2 stan spotted.
>>
>>64035454
>u2
>good songs
pick one FAGGOT
>>
>>64035422
He's an ego maniac who only does it to look like a saint. Even if he's done more it's been for the wrong reasons.
>>
>>64035471
Not him but they have at least 6-7 highly acclaimed albums. Not even a fan either. Just suck it up and admit that they made good music.
>>
>>64035500
>6-7 highly acclaimed albums.
Highly acclaimed by who? 40 year old moms?
>>
>>64035471
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0IRY_eWuIw
>that piano line, fucking glorious

>>64035457
honestly i don't even like them too much but they were actually good back in the day.
>>
>>64035520
if 40 year old moms think that war is a good album then they have better taste than you desu
>>
>>64035520
Music critics you dumb cunt.
>>
>>64035760
>music critics
>having good taste in music

Go drown in a barrel of dicks.
>>
>>64035836
>implying that you didn't find all the music you like from music critics
>>
>He was there alongside diplomats and aid experts

good fucking christ how embarasing, why is he even allowed to do this
>>
>Shitposting in the senate
Pretty based tbqhwy familia
>>
>>64035410
>I'm a pleb shit that never listened to Soundtracks Volume 1
Hell, Achtung Baby, Zooroopa, Unforgetable Fire and Joshua Tree are great albums too. Stop letting memes affect your judgement.
>>
why does anyone even pay attention to this douchenozzle? he's a washed up hack who was musically relevant for like a year in the late 80s. why does he have so much power and influence? fucking jews....
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 600x600
>>64035836
kys
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 225x225
>>64037726
>le eebul joos xd xd
>>>/pol/
>>
based bono at it again

>>64035393
faggot anon trying to justify his apathy by denigrating those who do good deede
>>
Bring the musician in to talk Isis and he says comedy is the answer? Guess I'm a hawk cuz not feelin it Bonzo
>>
>>64035456
He spends like 200 days out of the year doing charity work, mate.
>>
>>64036059
Because to us he's a singer, but he's an important figure in a shit ton of charity and humanitarian work. He's like an actual political figure when he's not shitting the world with terrible music.
>>
Honestly I don't get the Bono Hate. I've heard like 6 U2 songs, of which only one was good, so I would get the hate for him on that level. But so far people apparently seem to hate him because he does charity and they feel inadequate so their first impulse is to go "you holier than thou prick fuck off" just because he's always urging people to do good things. It's the most defensive juvenile shit ever. I understand he can be annoying, but he's right.

His music sucks tho.
>>
File: female comedians.jpg (13 KB, 300x224) Image search: [Google]
female comedians.jpg
13 KB, 300x224
>>64033674
i think we should bomb them instead, but those 3 should feel free to hang out there in the mean time
>>
>>64038212
His charity work is as pleb as his music. Study the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for an example of patrician philanthropy.
>>
>>64038287
You're too far gone into the /mu/ hole if you're describing real world actions as "Pleb".
>>
>>64038212
He was pretty insufferable in the 00s. He was meeting with world leaders, encouraging them increase taxes to increase aid, while at the same time U2 as a band moved their finances out of Ireland to pay less tax. I think that combined with the concert proselytising, the mediocre albums of that era and his overall ego lead to the 'U2 sucks and Bono is a prick' meme.
>>
File: biddy.jpg (53 KB, 736x414) Image search: [Google]
biddy.jpg
53 KB, 736x414
>>64033674
Hey...Bono is number 1
>>
Bono — the international statesman, global thought-leader and occasional musician — has told Congress exactly what it needs to do solve the global refugee crisis and Islamic extremism.
Firstly, the West needs to welcome in more refugees from North Africa and the Middle East – lots more – and learn to see them not as a “burden” but as a “benefit.”
Secondly, instead of confronting Islamist terror with the unhelpful language of hate and military hardware, it needs to find a kinder, gentler, funnier way of winning them over – using comedians like Amy Schumer, Chris Rock, and Sacha Baron Cohen.
Bono was delivering his wisdom to the Senate appropriations subcommittee on Capitol Hill.
He said:
“It’s like, you speak violence, you speak their language. But you laugh at them when they are goose-stepping down the street and it takes away their power. So I am suggesting that the Senate send in Amy Schumer and Chris Rock and Sacha Baron Cohen, thank you.”
Amy Schumer and Sacha Baron Cohen are both Jewish – a faith to which ISIS have not hitherto shown themselves to be particularly sympathetic. On the contrary last year ISIS announced that they were planning a Second Holocaust in which all the world’s Jews would be extinguished. Perhaps Bono is under the impression that Amy Schumer’s wit would grant her an exemption – though up and until now there has been little evidence that ISIS has much of a sense of humour.
Nor do Islamic terror groups respond terribly well to homosexuals like Bruno, the camp Austrian played by Baron Cohen; or even to people who look like they might be homosexuals, such as Borat, when he is wearing his mankini. Their preferred method of dealing with them – in accordance with their scriptures – is to throw them off high buildings or bury them beneath a wall.
So while Bono may think this is a joking matter – or at least one about which we can all be good-natured and touchy-feely
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.