[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you grow up and start listening to podcasts instead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 3
File: levy.gif (796 KB, 393x334) Image search: [Google]
levy.gif
796 KB, 393x334
When did you grow up and start listening to podcasts instead of music like an actual adult?
>>
>implying there are adults on the shithole that is /mu/
>>
>>64029317
Drunken peasants is good.
>>
>>64029336
I'm 36 AMA
>>
>>64029354
What do you do for a living
>>
>>64029363
self employed
>>
>>64029354
Do you like Bob Dylan?
>>
>>64029391
okay. doing what?
>>
>>64029392
Love him.
>>64029405
a/v, musician, sound engineering, etc
>>
>>64029417
How much do you make annually? (this is important)
>>
>>64029354
how is your hearing? has it perceptibly affected your ability to enjoy music, specifically music with a high concentration of complex harmonics like shoegaze?
>>
>>64029354
do you cringe at how obviously young everyone is here?
>>
>>64029354
Illmatic or Madvillain?
>>
>>64029354
how old were you when you lost your virginity
>>
>>64029445
20k Not much at all is it?
>>64029453
>how is your hearing?
Good question. I've been told it's damaged from playing very very loudly. But it could also be a genetic predisposition, both my father and grandfather suffer from hearing problems by mid-life.
>has it perceptibly affected your ability to enjoy music,
No.
>specifically music with a high concentration of complex harmonics like shoegaze?
No.
>>64029458
Yes.
>>64029471
Neither.
>>64029482
>>
>>64029354
Your favorite album?
>>
>>64029317
I listen to podcasts at work during the day as they pass time faster and can be very enjoyable, what podcasts does /mu/ listen to?
>>
>>64029354
When did you discover 4chan? And what makes you as an adult still post on a website full of trolls and underage fags?
>>
>>64029498
sorry to pry.

Do you love what you do? Is it worth not making a whole lot? Do you wish you went and took accounting or something a bit more lucrative?

I'm stuck between wanting to go with my passion (music) or going for something more stable and safe.
>>
>>64029530
Greg gutfeld
Gavin Mcinnes
Anthony Kumia

And thats about it so far, any reccs?
>>
>>64029530
Pizza party podcast
>>
>>64029512
gf,p
>>
>>64029515
It changes week to week. Currently it's Odessey and Oracle. Last week it was Delay 1968.
>>64029550
Several years ago. I do market research on this board (listening habits, media distribution methods). Not interested in the rest of 4chan.
>>64029560
>Do you love what you do? Is it worth not making a whole lot?
Wow good question. You need to have a happy medium. You need to do what you love (you will be miserable in life if you are doing a job you hate) but obviously you need $$ to survive. I love making music but I accept I will not make much $$ from it at all. That's not the reason I do it anyways. My main clients for my a/v work are super cool, it's fun working with them though.
>Do you wish you went and took accounting or something a bit more lucrative?
No. I do, however, wish I'd made different decisions earlier in life in regards to opportunities passed
>>
>>64029354
Do you have a wife?
If you do, how's it going out for you two.
>>
>>64029530
Last podcast on the left and hkow did this get made.
>>
>>64029655
No, gf who will be moving in soon. It's fine.
>>
>>64029354
Are you my dad?
>>
>>64029317
>When did you grow up and start listening to podcasts instead of music like an actual adult?

you seem confused. podcasts are for women. You just stopped being a man.
>>
>>64029698
If I was, I'd be annoyed that you are on 4chan instead of in class!
>>
>>64029354
Have you ever had suicidal thoughts?
>>
>>64029722
I haven't myself, but I've loved people who have. it really sucks.
>>
>>64029717
Sorry.
>>
>>64029354
Do you like death grips?
>>
>>64029780
Not my cup of tea, but I respect what they do.
>>
>>64029354
Do you believe you'll ever succeed musically?
>>
>>64029908
Since my goals are to make art that I find interesting and succeeds in fulfilling the vision for it, then yes. I'm not really interested in succeeding financially in regards to my music. Otherwise I'd be playing buttrock or barrock or whatever.
>>
>>64029354
Are you still going to post with your trip?
>>
>>64030001
Nope, I'll drop it when I'm done with this thread
>>
>>64029354
Who's an artist/band that changed your life, or made you do music in the first place?
>>
What podcasts do people even listen to?
>>
>>64030065
There were a number. I guess I'll choose Nirvana, I have memories of being in high school, air guitaring to In Utero, wanting to sound like that. Very embarrassing. I think In Utero was the first rock album "of my generation" I bought and seriously listened to and it blew me away.
>>
>>64030028
Just want to say, as an aspiring musician in my early 20's, how important sound tech people are. They don't get any recognition, but they're often just as indispensable to a show or an album as the artist.

Other question: what kind of market research do you do on here, specifically? Identifying buzz-artists (i.e., what happened with Car Seat Headrest and 2814, being acclaimed on here led to greater widespread popularity)
>>
>>64030099
>what kind of market research do you do on here, specifically? Identifying buzz-artists
Well, the buzz-artist thing is only that I'm casually interested in "what are kids listening to these days". I can't say I like any of the buzz-artists you guys talk about here. I'm probably too old and am concerned with "the big picture".

It's weird, we live at a time that is really a crossroads for musicians. I know you probably take it for granted, but because of my age I was right there in college when Napster happened, and the "industry fell", and the paradigm shift to what it is now started to happen. So I'm old enough to still believe in the album format and the dinosaur mentality of playing in a band and putting out records. But at the same time, I'm young enough to recognize that the paradigm shift has happened. So I'm essentially trying to find a new way to promote and market music, based on how you guys discover/listen to new music.
>>
>>64029354
What's your favorite and least favorite genres?
>>
>>64030276
Probably indie rock, psychedelic, weird pop, some shoegaze, krautrock, etc. Least favorite would probably be country, EDM and metal.
>>
>>64029317
>>64029336
this is great lofl
>>
>>64029530
Hello Internet
Cox N Crendor
CUPodcast
Bad Philosophy
>>
>>64030217
I mean, I don't know if I'm older than most everyone here or right about the median or where I'm at, but I'm 25, I still find incredible value to the concept of an album as a whole or something to be listened to as an experience, sort of like watching a movie or something like that.

I think a lot of people here probably still feel that way as well given the relative resurgence and popularity of record collecting that exploded in the past decade. There's still a place in the music landscape for albums, a rather big one too IMO.
>>
>>64030534
Yeah I agree, but I've found people *say* they are into albums, but don't actually listen to them as intently as people did 10 years ago. If they do, it's quickly consumed and they move onto to the next big thing. Does music deserve more than that? I believe so. How? Trying to figure that out.
>>
>>64030335
what do you mean by EDM when you say that?
>>
>>64031043
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_dance_music
>>
>>64029354
What do you think of Anthony fantano?
>>
>>64032095
Never watched a single video by him. I don't think much of him.
>>
>>64032946
>Wants to do music
>Dosnt watch Theneedledrop
Annnnnddddddd your career just failed.
>>
>>64033063
absolutely epic
>>
>>64033063
>implying anyone IRL cares about a talking melon
>>
Given the fact that I listen for podcasts for nearly 8 hours a day
>Distraction Pieces Podcast With Scroobius Pip
Listen to them 9.5/10
>Stuff You Should Know
Interesting topics simplified 8/10
>Stuff They Don't Want You To Know
Conspiracy theories from How Stuff Works 7/10
>The Partially Examined Life Philosophy Podcast
8/10
>Serial
Just listen to it 9/10
>99% Invisible
Like mini Documentaries 7/10 [Radiotopia]
>Strangers
Talks to strangers about stories in their lives 7/10 [Radiotopia]
>Shallow Rewards
Chris Ott Ex-Pitchfork writers podcast 7/10
>The Message
A fictional story 6/10
>Politics Weekly
Guardian Politics podcast where they talk about current events
>The Moth Podcast
StorySlam's people come on stage and tell stories about their lives 9/10
>Criminal
True Crime Stories 8.5/10 [Radiotopia]
>Radio Diaries
Was a show that run on NPR years ago where they gave a tape recorder to teens to log their life, they return to their lives now compared to back then 7/10 [Radiotopia]
>Song Exploder
Artists come on and break down their songs and how they made them 8.5/10 [Radiotopia]
>The Truth
Great storytelling podcast with a different story every episode 9/10 [Radiotopia]
>TND Podcast
Depending on who's on if he has someone decent on it can be quite captivating otherwise poor production value 5/10
>Lore
Horror Stories and how their lores became to be 6/10
>Welcome to Night Vale
Fictional story about a small town called Night Vale and it's mysterious occurences 9/10
>The Stuff Of Life
Well produced from How Stuff Works 7/10
>Unexplained
Unexplained occurrences a podcast which is well produced and fairly new 8/10
>The Black Tapes
A fictional story about some mysterious "Black tapes" and the supernatural 8/10
>Flash Foward
Theorises things that may happen in the future 6/10
>Defected In The House
Underground House 7/10
>Alice Isn't Dead
New fictional story from the makers of In The Night vale 7/10
>Tanis
Fictional story from the makers of The Black Tapes 7/10
>>
>>64029585
>>64029666
>>64030524
>>64030076
>>64029577

see
>>64035314
>>
>>64029530
All the Rooster Teeth Podcasts.
Stone Cold
Greg Gutfeld
Barstool Sports
>>
>>64035314
Wew what a list
>>
>>64029347
TJ IS GARBAGE
>>
>>64029577
legit cringed
>>
File: dZHVkpA.jpg (60 KB, 466x492) Image search: [Google]
dZHVkpA.jpg
60 KB, 466x492
iiiiiiiii'm JUST CHECKIN IN ON YA
>>
>>64029560
>honestly just because you go into another profession doesn't mean you can't play music. Plenty of great musos have other jobs. It has the potential to make you more rounded anyway in my opinion. I think it's bad to create the dichotomy of following your dreams vs a boring job. That's quite an immature perspective I've come to understand
That being said, there's no point doing something you can't enjoy. Basically everyone makes their life work in their own way. There's no right way to do things and you'll always find time to pursue and excel in the stuff you love.
>>
>>64037166
Whoops. Accidental meme arrow. On my phone
>>
>>64029530
Vidjagames Apocalypse (Video games)
Thirty Twenty Ten (A pop culture recap for thirty, twenty, and ten years ago)

Video Games Hot Dog (Kingdom Of Loathing devs talk about video games)

many podcasts from the Duckfeed.tv network including Watch Out For Fireballs (video games analysis) and Bonfireside Chat (Dark Souls)

Idle Thumbs (video games)
Idle Weekend (mostly video games but also general entertainment stuff)

Retronauts (retro video games)

Alcohollywood (movies)

We Hate Movies (bad movies, the funniest podcast I know)

Three Moves Ahead (strategy games)

/mu/, I have no music podcasts and music is my second favourite artistic medium!! I need recommendations (tired of being in the dark)
>>
>>64029354
Did you ever watch Adult Swim when you were younger? Favorite shows?
>>
>>64037845
please tell me vidya isn't your favorite artistic medium
please tell me you can differentiate between art and entertainment, and that the vast majority of music is entertainment rather than art, but that's okay because entertainment is wonderful
>>
>>64038063
>please tell me vidya isn't your favorite artistic medium

Fine then. I won't.

>please tell me you can differentiate between art and entertainment, and that the vast majority of music is entertainment rather than art, but that's okay because entertainment is wonderful

I just said artistic medium as a catch-all term for a medium for creative oulet
>>
>>64037867
Yes, Aqua Teen. I remember when it first came out. Hadn't seen anything like it at the time.
>>
File: stonecold.gif (954 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
stonecold.gif
954 KB, 320x240
best podcast
>>
back on topic who /mbmbam/ here
>>
>>64029317
Podcasts are for dead inside losers with nobody to talk to.
>>
>>64038718
FUNNIEST SHIT EVER
>>
>>64029354
do you like me?
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.