[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of Buckethead's 264 official albums are worth listening
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2
File: 800px-Bucketheadgnr.jpg (230 KB, 800x1067) Image search: [Google]
800px-Bucketheadgnr.jpg
230 KB, 800x1067
How many of Buckethead's 264 official albums are worth listening to?
>>
>>
Dude is Viper-tier
>>
>>64028175
which 1
>>
I love Colma very much
>>
>>64028256
Population Override maybe?

>>64028253
Well, Buckethead actually has talent... so no.
>>
Zero
>>
File: tweet.jpg (179 KB, 539x960) Image search: [Google]
tweet.jpg
179 KB, 539x960
>>64028253
I love Viper, and Viper loves me too
>>
listen to Look Up There, beyond that, who the fuck knows really.
Colma sucks btw
>>
How does this dude release albums so quickly what the fuck.
>>
>>64028335
autistic virtuosity
>>
Buckethead seems like a talented guy but I really hate when artists release absolutely everything they shit out. I though Boris was bad for this, but holy fuck Buckethead just makes it impossible to actually get into his music.
>>
>>64028156

25-ish, counting side-projects. Almost none from his Pikes series.

Underrated on /mu/. Overrated elsewhere.
>>
>>64028335
appears he jams for a half hour and throws drums over it. which is neat and all but i wouldn't mind him collaborating with some vocalists for a change. waiting hare was my ish.
>>
>>64028319
can you tell me what was the point in censoring anything out of your picture since just searching for that tweet resulted in finding your account evan.
>>
>>64028335
It's easy when you have absolutely no quality filter.
>>
Giant Robot NTT, It Smells Like Frogs, Twisterlend, Inbred Mountain, Crime Slunk Scene, Elephant Mans Alarm Clock, Albino Slug, Population Override, Thanatopsis, Somewhere over the slaughterhouse, Colma, 3' Clearance, Slaughterhouse on the Prairie, etc
>>
>>64028156
Colma
Pike 13

The better question is:
How many of Bull of Heaven's 363 albums are worth listening to?
>>
>>64028411
i have to protect the people I love
try finding my reddit account for fun
>>
>>64028319
Classic fucking evan
>>
Most of shit before he starting making 50 albums a year.

IIRC he posts on /metal/ or at least has dropped hints of doing so
>>
>>64028319
>@adultswim
>>
Everyone who refuses to delve deeper into Buckethead's discography is missing out on countless hidden gems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjaKBYP1Q2o

If you're genuinely curious about the guy's music, just fucking do it. I mean, is your time really that valuable anyway?
>>
>>64028748
Some of us are not autistic NEETs and we don't have the time to listen to 300 hours of music on the off chance there's a 5 minute song that's actually good.
>>
>>64028795

>Some of us are not autistic NEETs and we don't have the time to listen to 300 hours of music on the off chance there's a 5 minute song that's actually good.

Hey, just curious, how many hours a week do you spend shitposting on 4chan?
>>
>>64028842
Honestly, less than an hour. But I feel pretty guilty about how much of a waste of time it was afterwards.

Actively listening to every Buckethead album would be very time consuming and would test my patience. I'm sure he has good stuff though.
>>
His best work was with Praxis, those first three records... Transmutation, Sacrifist, and Metatron.

For his solo stuff I like Giant Robot NTT and Day of the Robot. Colma is nice too, and Population Override, and Cuckoo Clocks from Hell.
>>
>>64028892

>His best work was with Praxis, those first three records... Transmutation, Sacrifist, and Metatron

Bill Laswell has a way of bringing the best out of artists.
>>
>>64028961
Laswell either brings out the best or the worst. The Ramones' Brain Drain was shit, but Blind Idiot God and Buckethead have done great things with him.
>>
>>64028499
none
>>
>>64028748
Dreamatorium is indeed killer.
>>
>>64028156
Colma, Albino Slug, and maybe Elephant Man's Alarm Clock

>>64028499
56: Return of Ghost Sheriff (Werewolves are Chasing Me)
>>
>>64028748
well there's just 264 albums, I want a place to start
>>
>>64029517

Giant Robot.
>>
>>64028156

why is there a bucket on his head?
>>
>>64030096

If I pull that thing off, will he die?
>>
>>64030096
HE'S GOT A BUCKET ON HIS HEADDDDDDDDD
>>
>>64028156
every single one is a masterpiece buckethead is a beethoven figure for rock guitar he is a genius
>>
>>64030355
>>64030096
>>>/tv/
>>
Zero. The immense quantity has completely devalued his work.
>>
Exactly none
>>
I'm a jazz fan, what Buckethead albums would I be most likely to like?
>>
>>64028156

Anyone got a flow chart?
>>
>>64030096
There is a rumor he is balding.
>>
>>64028156
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v7NO3iKFYM
this one by far
>>
>>64031917

Arcana - Arc of the Testimony
Octave of the Holy Innocents w/ Jonas Hellborg
Population Override
The Dragons of Eden
Thanatopsis - Axiology
>>
>>64031917
>>64033497

Oh, and Shin Terai - Unison
>>
>>64028293

>Guitar music
>Talent

Please bait harder next time.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.