[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do millennials hate Pearl Jam?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: pearl-jam-cover_990-600x315.jpg (60 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
pearl-jam-cover_990-600x315.jpg
60 KB, 600x315
Why do millennials hate Pearl Jam?
>>
>>64020918
FEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLINNNNN

YAGAHABADAGHARING ADINGTO

YEE-UHH
>>
They're white males over the age of 50
>>
>>64020918
shitty music. Eddie's voice fuckin sucks and they are the worst big four grunge bands
>>
>>64020945
basically this
>>
gee I wonder why they wouldn't like proto-creed
>>
>>64020953
what? soundargen and alice in chains are shit
>>
>>64020953
AiC > Nirvana > Soundgarden > Mudhoney > STP >>>>>> Pearl Jam
>>
Millenials are a generation of assholes desu. Gen Xers were useless sacks of shit and The Greatest Generation lived long enough to watch themselves become the villains. Baby Boomers were probably the best group so far.
>>
>>64021012
t. steven smith, 52 years old
>>
>>64020992
Pearl Jam is worse
>>
>>64020992
soundgarden and alice in chains are literally the only good bands in the entire genre.
>>
>>64020996
Nirvana > Melvins > Mudhoney = Love Battery > Babes in Toyland > Soundgarden > Hole > Tad > AiC >Skin Yard >>>>>>STP and PJ
>>
File: korny.jpg (12 KB, 172x172) Image search: [Google]
korny.jpg
12 KB, 172x172
>>64020996
>Stone Temple Pilots above Pearl Jam
>>
>>64021041
>52
so that makes you.....?
a faggot on /mu/?
>>
>>64021047
pleb
>>
>>64021046
>grunge
>genre
>>
File: 1433192295382.jpg (331 KB, 2000x1503) Image search: [Google]
1433192295382.jpg
331 KB, 2000x1503
>>64020992
>what? soundargen and alice in chains are shit
>soundargen
>>
>>64021059
my word he actually is 52 years old
what are you doing with your life?
>>
>>64021054
Pearl Jam is indeed worse than STP wtf
>>
wouldn't it be the seinfeld effect? Vedder inspired fucktons of copycats. Shit if i didn't dig them myself and grew up with your lives i'd hate them too.

Still, Light Years is my shit. The dudes can do sad pretty well and the solos are pretty goddamn good.
>>
YOU ARE MILLENIALS YOU STUPID FAGGOTS

>Pew Research Center reports and data on the Millennial generation, those born after 1980 and the first generation to come of age in the new millennium.

>>
>>64020918
Pearl Jam made some solid albums. I don't get why everyone hates them. There by far the most original of the big 4.
Aic> Soundgarden> Pearl Jam> Nirvana
>>
why do contrarians put fucking Soundgarden before Pearl Jam?

They have one decent album at best, maybe two pushing it a bit.

Ten, Vs and the avocado album are better than Soundgardens and AiC entire discography. AiC only released 3 fucking albums ffs.
>>
>>64021424
Word - you'd think this crowd would love Binaural. That shit sounds like a lot of these new bands but done damn near twenty years ago.
>>
Soundgarden > Alice In Chains > Pearl Jam > Nirvana

Since they're all great bands any ranking order will do.

>>64021424
>why do contrarians put fucking Soundgarden before Pearl Jam?
That's disagreeable, but it's not contrarian. This >>64021047 is contrarian.
>>
>>64020953
>Eddie's voice fuckin sucks
Now I'm not big on Pearl Jam but Eddie has a voice like thunder.
>>
Because they're the only major grunge band left that didn't crash and burn like a bunch of drugged out retards. They're more "normal" than bands like Nirvana or Alice in Chains, there's no tragic backstory or "image" for people to latch onto.
>>
>>64021735
>>64021650
This
>>
>>64021012
I kind of hate Generation X

I mean I like rave and hip hop, but punk and alternative and all the idenity politics shit that came along with it made things so insufferable.

and Gen Xers always complained so much about Baby Boomers. Baby Boomers outshine them in every fucking way and yet we still have to hear Gen X cliches about 'fucking boomers'. It's time for people to start backlashing against those ironic snarky Gen X fucks with their gender theory bullshit etc and constant offense at everything. Hate them so much.
>>
>>64022030
Honestly, Millennials are so much better than Generation X.
>>
>>64021735
>Because they're the only major grunge band left that didn't crash and burn like a bunch of drugged out retards.
Soundgarden didn't do that either.

>They're more "normal" than bands like Nirvana or Alice in Chains, there's no tragic backstory or "image" for people to latch onto.
This, definitely. It's one of the things I respect most about Pearl Jam. And they had a lot of opportunities to let tragedy end the band too, but they always overcame all that.
>>
>>64021424
Somehow I doubt you listened to anything but the Superunknown singles.
>>
They are bland idk what people enjoy about them also don't like grunge in general
>>
>>64021082
first two STP albums are literally PJ-lite
>>
>>64022758
They don't even sound alike.
>>
File: ferret surprise.gif (1 MB, 308x206) Image search: [Google]
ferret surprise.gif
1 MB, 308x206
>>64021424
>AiC only released 3 fucking albums
>>
>>64021012
No Boomers are by far the worst.
>>
>>64020945
Ah, childhood radio.
>>
File: templeofthedog.jpg (80 KB, 728x489) Image search: [Google]
templeofthedog.jpg
80 KB, 728x489
For a board that sucks Kanye West dick you really shouldn't tale /mu/s opinion seriously.

>tfw we will never have another Temple of the Dog album
>>
>>64021337
>>64023554
They only formed temple of the dog because they couldn't agree whether soundgarden or pearl jam should release the stuff andy wood worked on
>>
Also Alice in Chains and the non vedder members of pearl jam were both glam rockers before le grunge took off. Audioslave is better than soundgarden in my opinion as well and not just their hits
>>
>tfw my 47 year old aunt is friends with Eddie

lmao she wants his cock bros
>>
>>64023638
None of their music was written by Andy Wood though.
>>
>>64020918
his voice
>>
>>64023696
A couple of the songs were written by cornell before wood's death. They were roomates and helped each other write. I think i read somewhere that they tried to write atleast one song a day. I meant to say the music they worked on about andy wood as tribute
>>
>>64023741
Listen to him sing comfortably numb and tell me he has a bad voice
https://youtube.com/watch?v=hDjRO6SjjhM
>>
>>64023657
Old high school fling?
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.