[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are YOU a poseur? This is the most up to date poseurcore chart.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: poseurcore.png (3 MB, 1588x1857) Image search: [Google]
poseurcore.png
3 MB, 1588x1857
Are YOU a poseur?

This is the most up to date poseurcore chart. Poseurs are people who pretend to like """obscure""" music for the sake of posturing - as in, attempting to gain an image of some sort of deep and educated insight that is above the average person. They will often shit on albums people genuinely love to help prove their authenticity, but when you lift the curtain, you shall see these people are worse than the authentic Top 40 lovers. They lack theory or music theory knowledge yet listen exclusively listen to music made for those who do. Typically, favorites include Coil (this is the big one), Comus, This Heat, Les Rallizes Denudes (perhaps the most egregious example, as they have no good releases), Faust, and The Gerogerigegege.

Even more pathetic, however, is the fact that they believe their taste is unique when they, in fact, copied it from the third page of RYM pages or Scaruffi's 8/10s.

These people often conglomerate in /daily/, /RYM/, and /chart/, sucking each others ego off until they actually think they are special for listening to some black guy blow into a saxophone randomly over half a century ago.

Poseur favorites are typically psuedoexperimental edgelord stuff that most teenagers would cringe at like tape music, industrial, free jazz, noise rock, harsh noise, and neofolk.

While there is nothing wrong with any of these poseurcore albums inherently, if you see yourself liking most of these, consider this: you are probably a poseur. Shame on you.
>>
How can that be poseur core when I haven't heard of half of the albums
>>
>>63967951
Because it's a general thing
>>
>They lack theory or music theory knowledge

I can live with this if it means learning skills that will actually get me a job.
>>
File: a1.png (556 KB, 852x582) Image search: [Google]
a1.png
556 KB, 852x582
How can people say Marcel-core is full of poseur-core when there's none of it on the official Marcel-core chart? Nothing poseur-core about Marcel-core desu,
>>
Oh just give up already. You're not going to imprint a 10x10 chart of albums onto people.
>>
Curious what people actually like off this chart. I like Exuma & Moondog.
>>
>>63968084

You should see an ophthalmologist.
>>
I like Exuma and Sun City Girls so I guess I'm a poser
>>
>>63968135
Even if it's just one or two, barely any of Marcel-core is entirely poseur-core.
>>
>Hey, let's throw a shit ton of commonly liked albums onto a chart and called it "poseurcore"! That'll surely earn us the respect of our digital peers!

Seriously, these threads fucking suck. They deserve to be banned.
>>
yes i am
>>
>>63968162

>This Heat
>Taj-Mahal Travelers
>Glenn Branca
>Ornette Coleman
>The Fall

All are arch-poseurcore.
>>
this copypasta is getting so fucking annoying
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.