[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong? This place used to have great taste.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: old mu.png (664 KB, 800x482) Image search: [Google]
old mu.png
664 KB, 800x482
What went wrong?

This place used to have great taste.
>>
This place's plebs used to all have the same taste, now they do with different albums. Nothing has changed, really
>>
To Be Kind is objectively the only good album on the right (and the only album Marcel loved on the right). Try and prove me wrong.
>>
>>63961625
vaporwave and death grips happened

those are death spiral memes of no recovering
>>
>tfw you visit this site only since september 2015
>>
>>63961625
Why did you change old /mu/ to just rock?
>>
>>63961625
>le biased cherrypicky comparison picture

why is this still a thing?
>>
anthony fantano becoming a meme certainly helped
he brought all the "dank meme" r/music kids here, and things pretty much went south from there
>>
>>63961674
and fantano
>>
>>63961625
Only good albums listed on both sides here:

ITAOTS
Spiderland
Kid A
ITCOTKC
Loveless
TBK

prove me wrong
>>
>>63961625
There are two good albums on the right and one interesting but flawed one
It's not all bad Opie
>>
>>63961625
Young Thug, Jason Aldean, Macintosh Plus, Carly Rae Jepsen, and Grimes are all memes/jokes.
>>
we need to bring burzum discussion back

only varg can save /mu/
>>
>>63961625
obviously b8 for many reasons. no one should be responding seriously.
>>
>>63961856
The first two songs on Macintosh Plus are great though
>>
>>63961895
not b8
these are just the albums/artists posted the most now vs then
>>
>>63961730
>RiL
>LYSF
>>
>>63961856
You forgot Swans
>>
>>63961931
they're not good
>>
>>63961948
Explain why
>>
>>63961980
Explain why they are :^)
>>
>>63962015
Burden of proof scrub
>>
>>63962047
Exactly, you have to prove why they're good, you don't just assume a work of art is good m8
>>
niggas on the moon is better than 90% of the albums listed
>>
>>63962071
You were the one who originally claimed that all the albums other than the ones you listed were bad, I'm now asking you to provide proof. Once you do, and if I don't agree, I will argue against you. Learn how to argue
>>
>>63962117
Actually, I'm not that guy
>>
>>63961814

which are
>>
>>63962162
Niggas on the Moon and To Be Kind
Vapormeme is the interesting one
>>
>>63962192
listen to Infinity Frequencies' album Into the Light for legitimately the best and most quality vaporwave album there is.
>>
>>63962246
I might when I have time
I've just listened to Eccojams and really like it
>>
>>63962246
shut up Hong Kong, no one likes you
>>
>>63962096
lol
>>
>>63962328
first of all:

1) Into the Light wasn't originally released on Dream Catalogue. It was self-released then DC reissued it.
2) Infinity isn't HKE.
>>
>>63961673
Yeah really, what's wrong with tbk anyway?
>>
I haven't posted on /mu/ seriously in years. /mu/ never had a good taste. The difference is that "indie rock," used to be much more trendy, but now it's largely been co-opted by dweebs who whistle over synth presets. /mu/, like p4k, hopped over to the next cool thing which is hip-hop and post-ironiccore bullshit.
>>
Just checked out Death Grips and some one recommended me some good Metal here. Y'all still have good taste.
>>
>>63962395
swans are trash for le depressed teens
>>
>>63962135
Alright, then.

I don't even think LYSF is GY!BE's best, but it exemplifies "crescendo-core", which people treat as an inherently bad thing, but it isn't. It's one of the most influential post-rock records, spawning a lot of new acts, some good, a lot bad. Even still it shows how crescendo core could have ended up, hadn't it been taken by hacks who just copy pasted tremolo picking and such into their music. It could have been attention catching build-ups with satisfying pay offs instead of just lazy, drawling, unsatisfying bullshit. Post-Rock is hardly an exclusive term, but LYSF and a lot of GY!BE's other work was pretty original.

As for RiL; It's one of the most interesting Post-Punk acts, taking a whole range of influences, most notably afrobeat. I know "textures" is a bit trite, at least when talking about noise music, but it's definitely applicable to RiL. It has fantastic instrumentation. I've also never seen a real criticism of the album. Only arguments that call it "autistic" or a meme album.
>>
>>63961625
old and neo have shit taste, not that different at all
>>
>>63962448
Nice meme opinion
>>
File: whyeventry.jpg (45 KB, 811x775) Image search: [Google]
whyeventry.jpg
45 KB, 811x775
>>63962448
Thanks for clearing that up
>>
>>63962448
this tbqh
Gira's a rapist and he looks like le aldean meme man.
>>
File: 1458335479239.png (55 KB, 209x221) Image search: [Google]
1458335479239.png
55 KB, 209x221
>>63962610
You're gonna have to re-cast that line
>>
1. MBDTF came out and got a 10.0 from p4k, thus making it officially cool for hipsters to like mainstream hip-hop. After the release storm fades, everyone is instantly an expert on all things rap.

2. Anthony Fagtano successfully viral markets, and spreads his love of the first Death Grips tape. Anthony then cements himself as a taste-maker for this site.

3. Mediafire and direct sharing sites kind of get fucked over. Sharethreads become increasingly more difficult, which results in the site having a musical economy built around knowing obscure artists that you can throw around in sharethreads. As another side effect, the site becomes more dependent on taste-makers.

4. Indie rock progressively becomes irrelevant, both to /mu/ and the rest of the world.
>>
Why is everything so fucking shit today?

Just someone make a good thread for the love of God.
>>
>implying /mu/ was ever good
>>
>>63961856
>Carly Rae
>jokes

please
>>
>>63963031
Is she not? Because that would be worse
>>
>>63961673
Grimes shits all over your boring swans shit

And I bet the average age of the person that listens to Grimes is much higher than the listeners of swans
>>
>>63963069
>a band that's been around for three decades had younger listeners than pop star who's been around for about 5 years

Your bait has gone sour
>>
Used to trip a long time ago and I can tell you RYM was always a major influence on /mu/'s taste in music – and not just /mu/-core like in the OP. It's always been a useful tool, only contrarians pretend otherwise.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.