[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rolling Stone general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: Bravo Rolling Stone.png (575 KB, 625x794) Image search: [Google]
Bravo Rolling Stone.png
575 KB, 625x794
http://rateyourmusic.com/list/schmidtt/rolling_stones_500_worst_reviews_of_all_time__work_in_progress_/
>>
Meg White has great tits and a fit body.
>>
>>63958891
>fit body
hm
>>
OMG THIS LIST CHOSE POPULAR DRUMMERS THAT THE INTENDED AUDIENCE ARE FAMILIAR WITH WHY DIDNT MY FAVOURITE DRUMMER WIN FIRST PLACE
>>
>>63958962
Fuck off, it's a disgrace that Meg White is on the list and Jaki Liebezeit isn't. Jaki's groundbreaking style has influenced countless drummers, Meg's style isn't impressive or groundbreaking or influential.
>>
>>63959052
>OMG THIS LIST CHOSE POPULAR DRUMMERS THAT THE INTENDED AUDIENCE ARE FAMILIAR WITH WHY DIDNT MY FAVOURITE DRUMMER WIN FIRST PLACE
>>
File: untitled.jpg (156 KB, 1003x685) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
156 KB, 1003x685
IT
GETS
WORSE
>>
>>63959070
:^)
>>
>>63958962
>>63959070
>music criticism
>praising artists just because they are FAMILIAR

>liebezeit
>not one of the most important drummers ever
>>
>>63958850

I like the way her breasts would bounce when she drummed tbqh.
>>
>>63959147
he's not fantastic but definitely underrated
>>
>>63959147
TOP FUCKING KEK
>>
>>63959186
He isn't even the best drummer in the Beatles.
>>
>>63959186
Are you willing to say he's worth being on the top 100 best drummers ever though?
If anything he should be like 90+ just to please the beatles fans.
>>
>>63959052
Thanks for proving my point, retard.

Do you actually think some arbitrary BEST X OF ALL TIME list means something? From fucking Rolling Stone no less?

It's just a shitty list that people will read and see Keith Moon or whomever at the number one spot and feel good about their taste in music.

You, on the otherhand, get so triggered that your autism goes out of control and you whine about your favourite le krautrock drummer wasn't included in the number one spot.

I bet you read pitchfork album charts and get bootyblasted when your favourite bandcamp release didn't chart.

Consider suicide.
>>
>>63959147
Ringo gets a lot of shit, but he was a legitimately good drummer. He shouldn't be rated so high on that list, or maybe even be on that list at all, but he isn't as shitty as everyone makes him out to be.
>>
>>63958962
>>63959070
Rolling Stone has always been a pandering rag but it pretends to be legitimate music journalism so it should be treated as such. Putting a well known hack on a "best of all time" list instead of an extremely important artist is inexcusable. Proper music journalism should focus on innovation instead of some shit that's familiar.
>>
For the record

5. Hal Blaine
4. Neil Peart
3. Ginger Baker
2. Keith Moon
1. John Bonham

Kinda saw it coming desu, in relation to Moon and Bonham.
>>
>>63959260
Shit son, I recommend you write a letter to rolling stone and fight for ethics in music journalism!
>>
>>63959219
You're the one that sounds triggered. If you don't like negative discussion then why are you on 4chan?
>>
>>63959232
>but he was a legitimately good drummer.
Maybe I haven't listened enough, but I've never heard him do anything outside of some of the most basic rhythms.
>>
>>63959297
>Why are you even on le 4chin

le epic reponse!
>>
>>63959289
>>63959358
4chan has always been a place where people vent about bullshit that annoys them. Why are you so angry about this?
>>
>>63959269
>Big Billy B
>not top five
>the city of RS
>>
>>63959370
by that logic i am venting about things that annoy me (i.e. what you find annoying)

and now you're venting about my venting of your vent, perhaps you should leave le 4chin and go to le tumblr
>>
File: drummers1.png (62 KB, 475x934) Image search: [Google]
drummers1.png
62 KB, 475x934
Scaruffi's list is better
>>
>>63959417
Except I'm pissed about Rolling Stone because it's a widely popular music publication that pretends to be legitimate. You're pissed that some random guy on the internet doesn't like Rolling Stone. There's a very clear difference and if you're unable to see it then you're the one who has autism.
>>
>>63959303
Revisit Rain and Tomorrow Never Knows. He wasn't a show off, probably couldn't even show off if he wanted to either. But he had a great vocabulary of fills and had a great sense of time; when he did play off-beat it was on purpose and added to the song

I think all 4 Beatles are good examples of "smart but lazy" musicians who never actually practiced, and just skated off being incredibly naturally gifted instead of getting any real technique
>>
>>63959491
nah dude, you're pissed at a music publication that's clearly not targeted at you and you're pissed about le mainstream approach said magazine has

like you could go do something with your day but instead you're mad about internet lists as if there's even a fucking way to "rank" musicians

so really youre like me, bitching about shit that doesnt matter. welcome to 4chin
>>
>>63958850
>moe tucker on 77th place
wev lad
>>
>>63959585
It's because they only care about qt musicians and she was butt ugly
>>
>>63959633
She's endearing.
Also she's second on scaruffi's list.
>>
>no one is talking about the 500 worst reviews of all time list
Come on, /mu/. There's a lot of gold on that list. Some of the reviews are as dumb and unprofessional as the drivel pitchfork currently puts out.
>>
>>63959811
Just post the funny ones, I have no energy.
>>
>>63959845
>>
>female drummers
>good
kek
>>
>>63959845
Yes
Close to the Edge (1972)

Rating: 2.5 Stars
"...a monumental snore, a dubious hot-air suite whipped up around a handful of promising song fragments." (Mark Coleman, 1992 RS Album Guide)
>>
>>63959845
Pixies
Surfer Rosa (1988)

Rating: 3 Stars
"These big-time fringe-rock avatars resemble a late-'70s heavy-metal outfit: okay, but nowhere near as dangerous - or as bad - as they're supposed to be." (Mark Coleman, 1992 RS Album Guide)
>>
SARA LUND
A
R
A

L
U
N
D
>>
>>63959845
Talk Talk
Spirit of Eden (1988)

Rating: 1 Star
"...by Spirit of Eden, Mark Hollis's Pete Townshend-on-Dramamine vocals have been pushed aside by the band's pointless noodling." (J.D. Considine, 1992 RS Album Guide)
>>
>>63959845
Oasis
Be Here Now (1997)

Rating: 4 Stars
"If the art of rock - and of making great rock records - is essentially a matter of putting the right notes in the right order over a good beat at top volume, then "D'You Know What I Mean?," Oasis' opening broadside on Be Here Now, is seven minutes of simple, focused genius...

...What will they, or their records, mean in 20 years' time? Who cares? Be here now. History will take care of itself." (David Fricke, 9/4/97 Review)
>>
Slint
Spiderland (1991)

Rating: 2.5 Stars
"The absence of anything resembling a tune continues to nag..." (Mac Randall, 2004 RS Album Guide)
>>
>Hanson
>Middle of Nowhere (1997)

>Rating: 4 Stars
>"The Hanson brothers came along in the summer of 1997 with "MMMBop," a song bursting with guitars and harmonies and shockingly unstupid lyrics about the meaning of life. Isaac (16, guitar, the Shy One), Taylor (14, keyboards, the Hot One), and Zac (11, drums, the Bonduce) only took an mmmbop to melt every barrette in America...They've never topped the super-sugar-crisp rush of "MMMBop," but songs like that only roll around once in any band's career - the Jackson Five never topped "I Want You Back," either. And Hanson had already made more good records than the Bay City Rollers, Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods, Tony DeFranco and the DeFranco Family, and Krist and Jimmy McNichol combined! With a little help from its producers, the Dust Brothers, Hanson plays its own instruments and writes its own songs on Middle of Nowhere, as Liz Phair look-alike Taylor hits high notes that could make a grown woman blush." (Rob Sheffield, 2004 RS Album Guide)

Jesus fucking Christ, how can anyone unironically say that MMMBop has "shockingly unstupid lyrics"?
>>
>>63959459
>no Stewart Copeland
Come on guy
>>
>>63958891
>fit body
Not really.
>>
File: cb.png (115 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
cb.png
115 KB, 275x275
>no Aaron Cometbus
wew
>>
>Suicide (1977)

>Rating: Unfavorable
>"I've heard stolen riffs before, but this is far worse: rapine and pillage of entire concepts...Suicide's songs are absolutely puerile, and Alan Vega's vocal convey nothing but arrogance and wholesale insensibility...persistence doesn't legitimize this kind of idiocy." (Michael Bloom, 3/9/78 Review)

What a load of pretentious horseshit.
>>
>>63959214
No, I'm not saying he should be on the list. Simply that the "not even the best in the beatles XD" joke gets thrown around too much.
>>
>>63959303
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJTjjAXDZSY
>>
>>63961472
Rolling Stone has never been good. They just get people to talk about them.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.