[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let us discuss this album. What It Takes To Move Forward is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (461 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
461 KB, 1200x1200
Let us discuss this album.

What It Takes To Move Forward is my favorite album. It has played an important role in shaping who I am today. No other album that I have listened to captures the same feelings of melancholy, pathos, and lethargy.
>>
>>63956457
i like it
>>
>>63956457
i like it
>>
too bad their next album sucked
>>
>>63957421
it's not as good as this but i still really liked it. their best tracks are mostly from this one and all their different splits though.
>>
>>63956457
on time spent waiting "gets" "me" a little bit more but what it takes to move forward is one of my fav albums
>>
their best song ever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nowuL9--kmI
>>
>>63956457
>Best
Keep wha you've built up here
>Good
Its a plague and youre invited
I am a snail and you are a pace I cannot match
What safe means
>Mediocre
Everything else
>Bad
None
I dont think there were any bad tracks on this album, however some definitely out shined others though
>>
too bad they are rip
>>
>>63957949
I dunno, I agree with your statement that none of the tracks are bad. Really, though my favorite track seems to change with every listen. I honestly don't honk any of the tracks are mediocre. Some of the songs that are really good that you did not list are How To Make Love Stay (amazing as an opener), An Idea Is A Greater Monument Than A Cathedral (that solo at the end), and Everything is Connected and Everything Matters. I wouldn't consider skipping any of the tracks on the album desu.

Does anyone have any insight into what the vocalist means when discussing height? It comes up multiple times.
>>
>>63958073
Maybe that's for the best... You Will Eventually Be Forgotten is leagues worse than What It Takes.
>>
>>63958806
I am also curious what some of the lyrics or this album's concept is in general. If any one has ny ideas what these songs are about?
>>
>>63959067
their tracks seem to always be an abstract toss-up of family, leaving home, moving on, and people changing, but i don't think the album as a whole can really be held to any "concept" even though they use recurring imagery that would make you think otherwise
>>
File: emo 10.png (1 MB, 942x942) Image search: [Google]
emo 10.png
1 MB, 942x942
amazing, amazing album
i am a snail and an idea is a greater monument best tracks
>>
I really like his recorded music, but dude really needs to get a guitarist to play for him live so he can actually sing the songs.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.