[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BBC 6 MUSIC: Most Overrated album in the world
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 570x234) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 570x234
This is a pretty accurate list.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/events/overrated/shortlist.shtml
>>
Stone Roses debut
Unknown Pleasures
>>
brian eno - ambient 1
>>
>>63955354
>implying David Bowie sucks
>>
how is x and y overrated?
everyone agrees that its the worst coldplay album (before they released the last 3 shit albums)
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 498x412) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 498x412
>>63955392
>Worst Coldplay album
>>
>no rap albums

list is shit. The perspective is from some snooty critic. These albums are 'popular' for their significance culturally and to the fanbase. People listen to shit that's relevant to them and has emotional weight for the most part. Critics don't have that angle really.

anyways, shit list kys bbc
>>
>>63955561
>It's another rap hater pissed that his dadrock is getting called overrated
>>
>Smells Like Teen Spirit better than Something In The Way, Bred and Come As You Are
>>
Wow. Nirvana isn't even good, but the sheer level of plebiness in those quotes gave me cancer.
>>
>>63955392
It's the shittiest of their first three
MX and Ghost Stories are literally diarrhea compared to i
>>
>"In Uetro"
>>
>Pet Sounds
Fucking trash list
>>
6 music is a bit up it's own arse wish there was a station that played good music but was a little less pretentious about it
>>
>>63955888
It is. People think it's art rock. But it's just pop music with really good production. Still pretty good.
>>
>>63955888
This also made me scrunch my face up, along with OK Computer.
But mostly Pet Sounds.
>>
>>63956192
U mad yo /mu/core is shit.
>>
>>63955392
I don't get it either, almost every time I've heard someone mention X&Y they say 'oh that's coldplay's worst album'. The writer must thing it's so bad that it doesn't warrant what little praise it gets in the first place
>>
>>63956336
the list is pretty much "the 10 most normie albums" in britbongistan
>>
>>63956192
ok computer is my favorite album but it definitely should be on that list
>>
Should just list the Radiohead back catalogue and be done with it.
>>
File: pudding.png (302 KB, 1600x1570) Image search: [Google]
pudding.png
302 KB, 1600x1570
>>63955193
>Ctrl+f
>No Led Zeppelin albums
It's time to put down the hard drugs, britbongs, they sound like shit. What little scraps of natural talent they do have doesn't warrant them being on the top of pretty much every band list
>>
>>63955673
Go fucking kill yourself you fucking faggot. He's right, rap should be on there because its literally the most overrated piece of shit in music right now. They're trying to find ways to make the good music seem bad and the bad music seem good. They're brainwashing the youth to listen to bad music that is today's music. So fuck all of you you fucking stupid sheep. This list is just a shitty excuse to make fun of actual talents that takes more talent than the shit made nowadays. Just stop trying to act like a butthurt child, you fucking piece of shit poptimistic pleb go fuck yourself if you think rap shouldn't be on that shit list.
>>
>>63956606
Well, what Zeppelin album?
>>
>>63955193
BBC 6 are pretty GOAT desu
>>
>>63956623
This list is just made by uncultured pigs that think that actual music like this is "overrated". Fuck them.
>>
>>63956631
If we're tackling the overrated elephant in the room, then LZ4
Their entire style is pretty predicable, with starting out slow, going "fast", and having some vocalist fake orgasm live on stage for a few minutes
Jimmy page was nothing compared to future guitarists like Eddie Van Halen
>>
>>63956722
4 is rated properly bruv, easily their best work.
>>
>>63956796
I'm taking an Ambian, wake me up when it's over
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q7Vr3yQYWQ
>>
>>63956914
LE REDDIT MAYMAY XD XD
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 380x428) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 380x428
>>63956722
>Eddie over page
>>
Agreed. Especially on U2. Worst band of all time imo.
>>
The BBC are like tripfags, to be ignored at all times.
>>
>>63960310
Yeah, but I like some, prog is the best one so far.
>>
>>63960367
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>63960777
Why are you a stupid?
>>
>BBC 6 music
>the guardian
>ikea
>bookcase full of recipe books
>shabby yet expensive clothes
>>
>>63962370
No, it's music
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.