[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/, what would you say are the most important/influential
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: newpape.png (2 MB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
newpape.png
2 MB, 1600x1000
Hey /mu/, what would you say are the most important/influential experimental/leftfield albums.

It'd be good if you kept them relatively obscure, thanks.
>>
that's a dumb question
>tago mago, desertshore maybe spiderland
you'll sound cool if you tell peeps they're your top3
>>
>It'd be good if you kept them relatively obscure, thanks.

Lol.
>>
File: Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png
22 KB, 300x300
>>
>>63949236
>>63949248
>>63949250
so this is how neo-/mu/ deals with genuine questions.

You fucking autists.
>>
>>63949289
naggerer
>influential/important
>obscure
literally how you montie

only things i can think of are Beefhearts TMR and Cans Tago Mago. Both of which are well known by music fans, but will make normies commit suicide
>>
>>63949404
The two aren't mutually exclusive. It's clear that somebody with much more musical knowledge ought to be posting in this thread in your place considering all you can do is post two meme albums that don't answer my very genuine question.
>>
>>63949182
CHECK THIS LIST
https://www.discogs.com/lists/Experiments-gimmick-and-concept-albums-bands-and-labels/14850
>>
File: modern shits.png (530 KB, 2865x1991) Image search: [Google]
modern shits.png
530 KB, 2865x1991
Probably obscure to you pop fags
>>
>>63949182
>obscure
>influential
pick one

how can it influence music if it's unknown?
>>
>>63949613
he's got your there OP
>>
>>63949182
V A P O R W A V E I S N T D E A D
>>
>>63949613
>how can it influence music if it's unknown?
maybe if some guy X made a rip off of the song and this new song become famous influencing other people.

Of couse its semantics

Would the fact that this new song is very similar to the obscure one, means the obscure one is influencing people?
>>
File: Trout_Mask_Replica.png (159 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Trout_Mask_Replica.png
159 KB, 300x300
Obscure albums aren't widely influential, you dummy, especially not "the most influential".
>>
>>63949613
>Musician finds scrappy old record that nobody's heard of in a bargain bin
>Listens to it and really likes it
>Takes elements from it and goes on to make music that millions of people like
>>
>>63949907
>>63949655
That doesn't make the artist influential, it makes the artist who stole from it influential. All the original artist did was influence the original influencer.
>>
Humble Cannons
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.