[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I had a record that skipped on my audio technica player that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Duster - Stratosphere.jpg (442 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Duster - Stratosphere.jpg
442 KB, 1200x1200
I had a record that skipped on my audio technica player that doesn't have a counterweight, I had a penny on the cartridge a few times (I know don't do that) and the skipping no longer happens but there is a pop sound at this point in the song.

1. If I had just played this record on a different player, would this skipping even have occured?

2. Is this popping damage to the record caused by me?

Also feel free to cry as the record in question is pic related.
>>
>>63941037
Hi Samantha
>>
>>63941088
Nah I'm a guy
Might as well be a dumb fucking Samantha though I feel so fucking stupid
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 600x549
>>63941037
Don't do that
>>
If you have a record brush you can try using it to see if it fixes the problem. If there is still a pop it probably means there is a very deep scratch.

It happens to everyone dude. This one time the guy in my house slammed a door and a painting fell on top of my copy of Kind of Blue while it was playing top kek
>>
>>63941514
yeah I have a brush, and no it didn't make a difference
So I fucked up?
>>
>>63941545
idk that much but you'll just have to ignore it my dude, unless you're willing to sand down your record or something crazy like that.
>>
>>63941037
>>63941088
>>63941133
>>63941450
>>63941467
>>63941514
>>63941545
>>63941743
semi-related
vote
https://twitter.com/meme_school_/status/718993849754853377
>>
>>63941781
aaron/leonard cohen fuck off
>>
Yeah, you typically don't want a turntable without a counterweight. The penny thing only would've exacerbated the problem.

and yes I'm mad that you are fucking up a copy of Stratosphere (more mad that I don't have my own copy) but hopefully you can ignore the problem and enjoy it regardless

just don't do the penny thing again
>>
>>63944099
oh btw don't worry, you're not doing much harm to it. the LP60s aren't great but i've been there and my records sound fine years later.

i just want that damn album
>>
>>63941037
I have an audio-technics lp60 and no matter what I play (either its a new record or old) it skips but after a few trial and errors I figured out how to stop it.

Buy a vinyl cleaner (i bought mine at Newbury Comics for $14 dollars and it came with a cloth as well). Spray that vinyl cleaner on your vinyl before you play it and the skipping is gone.
I'm not sure it will work on your current vinyl, as you may have damaged it with putting weight on the cartridge, but I guarantee you this will work with your future records.
>>
>>63944230
*audio-technica, damn autocorrect
>>
>>63941037
You think that's bad, I tried the wood glue cleaning method on my copy of Stratosphere.
>>
>>63941037
lol who cares, it's missing the almost best track
>vinyl records for vinyl records' sake
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.