[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why does he get so much hate? he's a solid musician and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 334x440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 334x440
why does he get so much hate? he's a solid musician and a pretty outstanding drummer imo
>>
there is no element of danger in his music or persona
>>
>>63936807
but his name sounds like growl.
>>
>>63936807
Good music must be dangerous?
>>
>>63936902
This.

Since when is it about which musician can be the most edgelord? Bowie was one of the tamest musicians and yet he's a revered holy name on this fuckin board.

Dave Grohl smashes out a few drum solos and gets called a "talentless hack" and a dad. as if having a stable family life is a cringe thing.
>>
>>63936785
Because Foo Fighters are derivative "alternative" rock trash.

His drumming on the Nirvana albums and Songs for the Deaf is definitely respectable though.
>>
>>63937111
>and with_teeth by nin, solid af drumming

>derivative alt rock trash
It's mainstream. So what?
>>
>>63937130
It's uninteresting and has no new ideas in it.

Nirvana was a solid grunge band that had an interesting side to their music that separated it from the "alternative rock" genre popular at the time (mainly because of Nevermind's success).

Queens of the Stone Age being stoner rock separates them from those same trends that Nirvana avoided.

Now compare everything Foo Fighters has done to those two groups. Not a single thing to differentiate it from bland 90s rock.

So as an individual musician, I respect him. But the Foo Fighters act as a whole definitely drags his reputation down even for someone who appreciates his input in more interesting music, so I understand why people hate him.
>>
>>63937238
He just likes music, and making music. What's so wrong about that? If he wants to make mainstream rock then so be it. It's not a reason people should hate on him though
>>
>>63936785
I GOT ANOTHER CONFESSION TO MAKE
>>
>>63937294
I don't hate on him, but that's the way things are on this board.

It's understandable why people do even if hating someone just because they make music you don't like is pretty ridiculous.
>>
File: meme hair.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
meme hair.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
cuz he was mean to king buzzo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caPiPCzVHoE
>>
>>63937354
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=okdqFd3k-tg

But he's such a comedic, family-friendly, youthful character!
>>
>>63937411
oh god all my respect for him just dropped
>>
>outstanding drummer

lmfao
>>
>>63937040
>Bowie
>tame

my nigga are you serious
>>
>>63936785
I really wish he would make something better than boring pop rock. More stuff like his first album.
>>
>>63938033
I am. Bowie was as marketable and mainstream as you can get.
>>
>>63936807

This. Music doesn't necessarily have to be "edgy", but Foo Fighters takes safe their approach to another level. This coming from someone who likes Foo Fighters. It's like they are the Mary Sue's of alt-rock
>>
>>63938125
Bowie was a hypersexual, sexually ambiguous (this was "weird" in the 70s), lunatic who spent the better part of the 70s coked out of his mind. He got as big as he did because he WASN'T tame by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
>>63938179
Yeah. But is that so wrong? Their music is great for night commutes
>>
>>63937411
>>63937625
lol fuck off it's pretty funny
>>
>>63938253
he's so cute
>>
>>63937411
what the fuck
>>
>>63938453
he likes Coke more than Pepsi. He also likes grepes.
>>
>>63937354
he also fucked them over on the Nirvana "reunion", itvwas originally supposed to be Buzzo, Dale, Dave, and Krist with David Yow on vocals, and it was all Dave's idea. When it was time to start rehearsing, Krist flew down to LA, and Dave just never showed up.

That's how Krist ended up on the new Melvins record.
>>
mini van commercial music
>>
>>63938548
kek

it's true though
>>
>>63938125
>marketable
Do you think cross-dressing and claiming to be bissexual was marketable in the fucking 70's?
>>
>>63939230
It was marketable to teens however. Like how hippy culture was eaten up by rich white kids who used it as a rebellion tool, Bowie's "edginess" was marketable in the sand vein.
>>
>>63939373
same* not sand
>>
>>63938084
I will never understand this as long as I live. People lament that he will never make an album like his first one again but it's literally the same exact Foo Fighters album that most of them are. The exact. same. album.
>>
>>63936785
His only good album was the first one

The rest is bland and boring butt rock
>>
>>63936785

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>63937294
Wtf is wrong with hate? What is this "don't be a hater!" culture? We'd be a lot better off if people weren't so god damn sensitive
>>
>>63939475
0/10
>>
>>63937411
lmao dis nigga high as fuck
>>
>>63939570
It's annoying because Grohl is genuinely a good artist
>>
>>63939645
I want to fuck him and put footos up his nose and ass
>>
>>63939605
memeing won't make you right

Seriously, if anyone else wants to tell me why they think s/t is so radically, unbelievably different than their next few albums I would love to hear it. Pretty much the only difference is that only Grohl (and Dulli) plays on it.
>>
>>63938125
Are you an idiot? Glam WAS edge back when Bowie did it. The "open love" and bisexuality thing he committed to, the album that he did while on a diet of nothing but coke, milk, and peppers, the constant shifting of his image and music... what the fuck would ever make you call Bowie safe?
>>
>>63939831
:/ ur wrong
>>
>>63941306
delete this

and this thread

and your life
>>
I fucking hate nirvana with a passion but I'll admit the drumming was pretty great. I really enjoy Queens of the Stone Age and think he is a good drummer. Foo Fighters however are such an awful band it makes me angry just thinking about it. I don't give a shit if he makes generic, safe, boring mainstream radio rock and lives out his rockstar dreams, if that's what he wants to do that's cool. It's the fact that he's constantly acting as if his shitty band are the saviours of rock music, constantly shitting all over other music talking about how his music is real music and acting as if his band are the living personification of genuine rock n roll. His music is the least rock n roll thing I could possibly think of, there is absolutely no rock n roll attitude in the Foo fighters at all. And that wouldn't be so bad if he could at least write a decent song. He has this fuck the mainstream, rock is the only real music attitude yet his music says everything but. You can't pretend to be punk while selling out stadiums and crafting your songs to be as radio friendly as possible, writing album after album of generic music with no development or originality whatsoever, just rehashing the same formula again and again. You know what Dave grohl I would rather listen to Justin bieber because at least he has shown some progression. the Foo fighters are almost like a boardroom creation of a rock band, incorporating the entirety of rock n roll into this basic bland no personality whatsoever music that has so little soul I feel completely empty while listening to it, the exact opposite of what rock music is supposed to do. I almost give him credit for at least being passionate about music, which he genuinely seems to be, but that actually makes me hate him more because I can't understand how someone with such a strong passion for music, a guy raised by punk rock, a member of nirvana could ever create something as atrocious as the Foo Fighters.
>>
Because he talks shit constantly but is not a great musician. Same reason Gene Simmons is an ass.
>>
>>63941582
>Because he talks shit constantly
does he actually?

you do know most of those images of him looking surly with quotes in pretentious fonts are made up memes, right?
>>
>>63936892
underrated
>>
>>63937354
What a pretentious douche. Sounds bitter as hell the shitty Melvins never got as big as Nirvana or the Foo Fighters.
>>
>>63941872
>pretentious
don't use words if you don't know what they mean
>>
>>63941543
ugh
wall
of o of te x t
falli i ng
a sleep
n nn no
o ppinion registered snnnnnnnnorezzz
>>
>>63937354
What a nasty, bitter old man. If I was Dave I'd get sick of nasty old punks too.
>>
>>63936807
kill yourself edgelord
>>
>>63941543
can this be the next copypasta to sweep the board pls
>>
whatever happened to bleach memes?
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.