[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is doom metal the greatest genre of rock music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
Is doom metal the greatest genre of rock music?
>>
>>63928215
No it's psychedelic rock

Doom/sludge/heavy psych/hard rock/metal is a derivative of psych
>>
>>63928251
>sludge is derivative of psych
it only has the most tenuous of connections to psych
>>
>>63928302
nah sabbath was a druggie band from the get go sludge/stoner rock is psych
>>
>>63928337
sludge has more punk influences than it does psych influences. also just because psych was a distant precursor to something doesn't mean that thing is derivative of psych.
>>
>>63928388
sludge came before punk was popular and any sort of hard rock/rhythm blues is psych
>>
File: cute anime pic 0249.jpg (90 KB, 872x640) Image search: [Google]
cute anime pic 0249.jpg
90 KB, 872x640
>what's the greatest pile of shit out of all of them?
>>
>>63928451
I'm not sure you know what sludge is. eyehategod specifically said that they took a large amount of influence from hardcore punk.
>>
>>63928487
punk music comes from psych
>>
>>63928589
that doesn't mean that it's psych though. it's not made to enhance or reference psychedelics.
>>
>>63928616
the psych experience is subjective bro
>>
>>63928664
but musically punk and metal have very different goals than psych so it does no good to lump them into one group unless you're talking about historical influence.
>>
>>63928709
black sabbath was a hardcore psych influenced drug band who created sludge and doom metal, they along with metal are drug genres
>>
File: 1433753310621.jpg (421 KB, 600x848) Image search: [Google]
1433753310621.jpg
421 KB, 600x848
>>63928486
That bitch isn't cute she's a fucking slut and so are you.
>>
>>63928757
there are some metal genres which are psych focused but not all are. also black sabbath didn't create sludge
>>
i would say either roots rock or punk
>>
>>63928757
>black sabbath created sludge
what?
Sludge is literally a blend of doom and hardcore punk.
The first example of sludge would be the second half of My War by Black Flag, a hardcore punk band.
Don't talk about stuff you don't know jack shit about please.
>>
>>63928486
stop posting, you downloaded a fucking folder of "cute anime pics" and haven't stopped shitposting since you've gotten them
https://rbt.asia/mu/?task=search2&ghost=&search_text=&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=cute+anime+pic&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_media_hash=&search_op=all&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post
>>
File: autsm.jpg (7 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
autsm.jpg
7 KB, 184x184
>>63930595
He just wants us to stop listening to meme music to become intellectual beings anon. Why are you so mad?
>>
>>63930774
>autsm
>>
>>63930774
intellectuals do not associate with anime, it's contradictory
>>
>>63930836
anti-animefags do not associate with 4chan, it's contradictory.
>>
Hard to say. There is so much mediocre doom metal that just tries to ripoff either Saint Vitus, The Obsessed, or Electric Wizard.
>>
>>63930551
I don't hear sludge in My War at all. There may be an influence, but if so then doom bands incorporated punk into their music not vice versa. Here's Pentagram from Black Flag era, which one sounds more sludgey?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTSQ2UF63AY
>>
File: カニ息子.jpg (132 KB, 708x686) Image search: [Google]
カニ息子.jpg
132 KB, 708x686
>>63930595
These kind of people make me sick. Like you know he has absolutely no appreciation for cute anime girls nor even knows any of their names, he's just appropriating them to obnoxiously post his dumb tastes and opinions. A disgusting poseur of the worst kind.
>>
>>63930595
>mfw Bandcamp lets me know when someone visited my page via /rbt.asia/mu/
>>
File: Smug Anime 201.png (183 KB, 433x380) Image search: [Google]
Smug Anime 201.png
183 KB, 433x380
>>63930595
i downloaded the cute anime pic folder but i did, in fact, compile a smug anime folder as well. which i have distributed. that's the point of having anime pictures, you dimwit. to collect and post your favorite ones. I've been collecting and sharing anime pics for years. I don't expect an anti intellectual rock fan like you to understand.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.