[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people like these? All the beats sound the same and the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: asdasd.jpg (63 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
asdasd.jpg
63 KB, 1280x720
Why do people like these?

All the beats sound the same and the lyrics are fucking bullshit
>>
>>63921397
album cover is cool also reddit shills for them (i'm serious)
>>
>>63921397
on the two albums i counted around 6 songs that were worth it
>>
Figuratively whom?
>>
>>63921617
Run the jewels
>>
>>63921397
Great live act.
>>
>>63921397
I completely understand why people like them, but i think El-p's production is way too... fake. It just feels so computer-y, and they just don't bang for me.

Also the flows are not that great too often.
>>
>the beats sound the same
Maybe on the first one, but I'd say they're pretty different on RTJ2, and besides I think the production is good on both anyways
>lyrics are fucking bullshit
I don't care about lyrics

I really liked both albums, so I hope RTJ3 is good
>>
>>63921899
>I don't care about lyrics

It's rap music
>>
>>63921397

>All the beats sound the same and the lyrics are fucking bullshit

Isn't that the point of Rap?
>>
>>63921985
yes exactly.. rap music is not alwats about lyrics, it can be just about the energy and flow of the vocalist.
>>
>>63921985
I don't care in any genre. Lyrics don't affect how the music sounds at all, which is why I listen to music, not for some ghetto ass poetry.
>>
>>63922037
I listen to everything but rap and country xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>63922065

I like Country.
>>
>>63922058
>lyrics don't affect how the music sounds at all
Except it does?
Unless it's instrumental
>>
>>63922077
The instrumentals and the vocals are the music. The actual words are just words. The closest they come to affecting the music is how they are pronounced because that would be affecting the vocals, but you could probably switch around lyrics and still get the same sound.
>>
We all know EL-P's best beats were on The Cold Vein.
>>
>>63922425
its close between that or fantastic damage
>>
>>63922425
>>63922730
Fucking newfags, everyone knows Funcrusher Plus is GOAT
>>
>>63922216
exactly. That's also why I listen to many foreign singer/rappers etc., because they sound and flow diefferently.
>>
>>63921818
elp produces really good shit but his flow is always, always sub par. the lyrics are even usually up there, just his delivery does not impress me at all. Killer Mike on the other hand makes up for the lack of flow tho, i like the albums, just not as much as i used to
>>
>>63922058
Normally I would agree that lyrics are meant to be something extraneous that you can like or dislike with no regard to the music but in a genre/style so heavily focused and built on lyricism to ignore lyrics is to miss an essential part of it.
>>
>>63925439
While I agree that lyrical content is pretty much integral to most rap music, I think the appeal of RTJ (at least to me) is that their lyrics are so outrageously over the top that you know they're just having fun making some catchy ass rhymes. I mean, how could you not laugh at "run backwards through a field of baby dicks" or "fuckbois, jihad, kill infidels, Allahu Akbar boom from Mike & El"?

I totally understand if you don't like it though, different strokes and whatnot.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.