[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: /mu/ favorites you personally honestly don't like but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7
ITT: /mu/ favorites you personally honestly don't like but will get called a memeing faggot if you admit it

>Weezer's first 2 albums
>Galaxie 500
>Swans
>Coil
>Cardiacs
>New Order

Let it all out this is safe space
>>
>Pinkerton
just ew
>>
i like Galaxie 500 :(
>>
>>63919205
I'm not criticizing your taste. It's ok if you do :)

This is just a thread for confessions not trying to hate.
>>
>>63919220
it's okay i wouldn't call you a memeing faggot just because you dislike something i like
>>
>>63919237
we need more people like you on /mu/
>>
most of them
except for weezer's first 2 albums
>>
>>63919250
i think most of it is the tone, if you say "you're a fuckin' pleb faggot for liking x" people will say "you're a memeing faggot for disliking x" back, likewise if it's the opposite way around.
>>
>>63919184
i dislike Post-rock, anything by MBV, and Burial

I think Unknown Pleasures, American Football, and Pet Sounds are too overrated.
>>
I like grimes a lot
>>
>>63919184
/mu/ dislikes Neworder?

Are we Joy Division here or just another /mu/-hates-mainstream thing?
>>
>>63919659
No he's saying /mu/ likes New Order and he personally doesn't
>>
>>63919674
Oh of course. I'm just not reading tonight.
Thanks, that helps.
>>
File: 1453683154656.gif (2 MB, 390x100) Image search: [Google]
1453683154656.gif
2 MB, 390x100
>>63919184
Not a fan of yung lean tbqhwy.

I do have some albums in the reverse though.
Shit /mu/ dislikes but I like.
>AM - Arctic Monkeys
Personal 7.75/10.
>Settle - Disclosure
Personal 9/10, helped by the fact I saw them in Paris just before settle came out. Caracal is an 8/10, it's arguably nearly as good song by song basis wise, but the problem is there is pretty much no growth from the first album.
>>
>swans
>>
I've never been big on Titus Andronicus, Joy Division, Ween, or Pavement

I also don't really like GY!BE a whole lot even though I like post-rock. I like A Silver Mt. Zion and Set Fire to Flames though
>>
File: tpab.jpg (119 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
tpab.jpg
119 KB, 1000x1000
Kendrick Lamar

I mean he's not bad, but people think he's a generational talent, and that his albums will become classics 50 years from now. He's very overrated.
>>
Pavement, Godspeed!, Kanye

My Bloody Valentine is good but very overrated.
>>
>>63919755
you're not alone in thinking settle by disclosure was good. i'd rate it nearly as high as you.
>>
My Bloody Valentine and Swans.
>>
>>63919659
I like Joy Division way more than New Order tbqh
>>
>>63921468
that's not unpopular on /mu/, even if you disregard the /pol/ virgins who think it's nothing but WEWUZKANGZ
>>
i've never liked a single radiohead album
i've never liked a single beatles album

when i tell people this they don't believe me, and it makes me want to try listening again, which ends up with me having the same opinion :(
>>
>>63919184
AnCo
Radiohead
Beatles
>>
File: loup loup pass.jpg (2 MB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
loup loup pass.jpg
2 MB, 2272x1704
>>63921562
I can't stand Pavement
>>
>>63919184
>Weezer
literally why are they even popular?

>Slint
tried listening to Spiderland, I don't get the hype

>Kendrick Lamar
dude racism lmao

>NMH
essential talentless hack-core
>>
File: google-rapper-viper-now.jpg (48 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
google-rapper-viper-now.jpg
48 KB, 300x300
after a couple of listens i could definitely see the appeal, but never really got me excited
>>
>>63919184
>Cardiacs
They're one of those bands on /mu/ that, no matter if you hate them or love them, you'll still be called a memeing faggot for just mentioning them.
>>
Generally most of /mu/core, especially the stuff that's supposed to give you 'feels'.
>>
>>63919184
You got it wrong anon people liking weezer are the ones meming
>>
File: 3.jpg (8 KB, 199x200) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
8 KB, 199x200
>>63919184
>Neutral Milk Hotel
>Grimes
>Death Grips
>TLOP
>Blackstar
>AC/DC
>>
>>63919184
I can atleast listen to all /mu/core and I like most of it but I cant even finish MPP. It is supposed to be poppy and easy listening but to me it is as unbearable as my least fav genre- trap. And I have been through the swans discog faust discog VU discog can discog etc. I dont get it at all. That new lemon dogs album was so AnCo like I couldnt get to the third song
>>
>>63922883
Yeah sometimes I wonder why I keep posting here but luckily filtering and avoiding circlejerk-tier threads and posts is quite easy
>>
>>63919184
Indie rock/pop is almost universally shit. It's basically hip hop but for white teenagers instead of black teenagers (or white teenagers who want to be black) - all focus on image with very little substance.
>>
>>63924115
Are you feeling angsty because when you were a teenager you didn't fit into socially accepted youth norms?
>>
>>63924137
Not really. As a teenager I was fairly popular and into hip hop, like most other black kids.
>>
>>63924157
yeah me 2 when I was a black teenager I loved that shite but you times change now going around with your 3d glasses and feels shirt is hip my man what a travesty this generation is fuckeddd hardd I tell you
>>
>>63924186
Not sure where this is coming from. Times haven't changed at all. Kids have always been susceptible to marketing, but an 18+ music board shouldn't be talking about indie rock/pop.
>>
ITAOTS
My Bloody Valentine
Kanye West
Swans
Weezer
Radiohead
Animal Collective
Post-Money Store Death Grips
Nearly all hip hop /mu/ recommends in all honesty
>>
>>63922198
>dude racism lmao

>Insinuating that racism is just a talking point that people keep bringing up and not an actual issue
>Not actually listening to the album and realizing that he critiques the black community too

Cringe.
>>
>>63921468
I mean, when people start chanting your songs at protests...it's probably because you made something significant.
>>
>>63924697
It could mean that you simply marketed it well to the right demographic
>>
>>63922093
you're not alone brother, it's okay to just accept that it's not for you. Radiohead and The Beatles do absolutely nothing for me and I get no enjoyment listening to their music.
>>
Loveless. :(
>>
>Weezer is cringeworthy.

>Loveless is preeeetty ok.

>I thought Death Grips was an actual meme for how ridiculously bad they were, but they are considered "good" by some. I think they're shit.

>The Glow is better than Mount Eerie, by little, but better.

>Pink Floyd's best album is DSotM by far and Wish you were Here is cringe.
>>
>>63924970
Right, because you totally hear people yelling "Running Thru Da Six wit my woes!" at protests too, right?
>>
>>63925483
you're not getting it
>>
weezer>new order>swans>galaxie>coil>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>cardiacs
>>
>>63924223
yea we need more kanye
>>
Fuck Ween
Fuck Kendrick
Fuck Swans
Fuck GY!BE
Fuck Talk Talk
Fuck Radiohead
Fuck the Beatles
Fuck Danny Brown
Fuck MF Doom
Fuck Flying Lotus, thundercat and all them
Fuck Kasami Washington
Fuck The Antlers
Fuck Kanye
Fuck Drake

Basically fuck any try hard 'I get music' horned rimmed glasses nu-male collegiate bullshit.
>>
File: 1460173620477.png (232 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
1460173620477.png
232 KB, 540x304
Weezer
My Bloody Valentine
Surfjan Stevens
Coil
Grimes
Kanye
>>
>>63927064
>nu-male
Go back to listening to Tool and your /pol/ circlejerk and leave actual music to the adults
>>
I'm still suspicious that Kanye is a meme and I will never not think otherwise. I feel similar about Kenny Lemur.

I've yet to fully give Captain Beefheart a full listen.
>>
>>63924697
>people
They are literal robots who eat everything the media tells them.
>>
>>63919184
Coil, GY!BE
>>
>>63919203
imagine the person who posted this
>>
>>63927493
>WAKE UP, SHEEPLE. LEARN 2 FREE UR MIND LIKE ME.
>>
I really dislike Joana newsoms voice and music
>>
>>63919184
Swans, Lydia Lunch, early Sonic Youth. No Wave is the shittiest shit every shat,
>>
I don't like Neutral Milk Hotel
>>
that Slint album. i don't get it. he's just whispering behind some boring music
>>
>>63924243
Pretty much this
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.