[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone listened to the full album yet? How is it? Prayers/Triangles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: gore.jpg (69 KB, 764x768) Image search: [Google]
gore.jpg
69 KB, 764x768
Has anyone listened to the full album yet? How is it? Prayers/Triangles was pretty good.
>>
>>63912413
seeing as though I'm not an edgy nu male cuck, no, I didn't listen to it.
>>
>>63912443
>edgy
It's called rock you fucking child. Why don't you go rot your brain with some hipster synth garbage.
>>
if you like deftones, i suppose it's a good deftones album.
>>
>>63912443
Die in a tire fire.
>>
>>63912413
It's a solid deftones album, but I think the production is lacking and the echo from chinos mic can get very annoying. Also the lyrics are a bit uninspired. It's better than Koi No Yokan, but only by a little bit. 7/10
>>
some outstanding songs, but not really memorable. every album they've done after around the fur is better than this
>>
It's descent but nothing bonkers. 8/10. I see myself going back for a couple of listens over the years.
>>
I just wanna hear Eros for fuck sake. I liked SNW, so whatever they were doing between that and Diamond Eyes had to be fetch. FETCH. I'm gonna make that a thing.
>>
Seems like they were going for the atmospheric sound they worked on in KNY. Not bad, worth a listen.

Hearts/Wires is one of the better tracks
>>
>>63912413
Prayers/Triangles was honestly one of the weaker tracks in it. All in all, a pretty good album. Better than their last 2 albums imo
>>
itt: kids that haven't graduated high school
>>
>>63915685
Oh you don't like Deftones?

HEY GUYS CHECK OUT THIS BADASS OVER HERE WE BETTER STOP LISTENING TO MUSIC WE LIKE BECAUSE THIS INTERNET TOUGH GUY SAYS SO
>>
>>63915685
What teens on /mu/ actually listens to Deftones? They're "above" that kind of music and wouldn't give it a listen
>>
File: 1444882504485s.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1444882504485s.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
I got Gore in the mail today, and because I bought in on amazon, I have been listening to it since last night.

I love it.

I have been listening to Deftones for 20 years.
>>
>>63915685

You probably jack off while reading over wrought reviews on pitchfork
>>
>>63912413
I only listened to it once all the way through so far, but it seemed pretty backloaded. I'll listen to it again soon, but overall, I agree with>>63913218

>>63913321
I can kind of see what you're saying as far as the lyrics go. As soon as Chino mentioned diamonds, I immediately thought he was going to reference Diamond Eyes

>>63914908
I highly doubt we're ever going to hear Eros at this point. R.I.P. Chi Cheng
>>
>>63912413
I dig it. I really enjoy the title tracks Diamond Eyes vibe.
>>63913321
I don't mind the effects on chinos voice, but they can be a bit excessive.
>>63915107
Hearts/Wires reminds me of rosemary. I like it but I wish the drums were a little more different.
>>
>>63914908
Stop trying to make fetch a thing. It isn't gonna happen.
>>
>>63916603
I remember Chino saying that Eros doesn't hold up to the hype behind it, which is why they don't want to release it. Dallas is fucking amazing though. The guitars on that track are so good
>>
>>63916603
Yes the songs are definitely better halfway through the album, I'd say from Xenon is where it gets better
>>
Biggest disappointment for me this year.
The first couple tracks were some of the best songs they've released, but everything after was a huge letdown. The lyrics are really dull and the guitars are even worse for the most part. The last 2 tracks were ok.
KNY was miles better
>>
gonna save it for later
>>
>>63912413
listened to it completely. didn't like it, agree the second half is better, will give another listen later
>>
>>63920170
This. Prayers/triangles, (L)mirl, amd rubicon were the only good tracks. Everything else was meh. Doomed user is garbage btw. KNY is definitely better.
>>
best band ever
>>
File: 1436793081011.png (159 KB, 476x345) Image search: [Google]
1436793081011.png
159 KB, 476x345
>>63920385
Phantom Bride?????????????
>>
>>63915960

This post makes me feel all warm inside.
>>
>>63921429
this.
great song, the solo fits like your dad on your mom.
>>
Listening to it at this moment. It seems like they keep the verses in the meh spectrum to make the choruses better, and it kind of works, so it is enjoyable, but I hate having a wasted 60% of the song just to hype the good 30% of it, and this transpires to the album as a whole.
>>
It's a great album. Acid Hologram is my favourite right now, with Hearts/Wires and Doomed User behind it.
>>
the best thing about this album is the cover
>>
SNW > DE > KNY > Gore
They're getting worse with every release.
(Their earlier stuff is both terrible and derivative.)
>>
>>63912413
most at the time it's generic deftones album but with a little of outstanding moments. It's 6/10
>>
File: 398.png (184 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
398.png
184 KB, 450x300
>>63912443
>>
>>63924509
Call them terrible if you want to but Around the Fur and White Pony are hardly derivative.
>>
First listen through was kinda disappointing. 6/10
Listenin for a second time now. Prayers is a bit better than I first thought. The thing about it for me is that Chino does seem a little worse in this album, however the songs are saved for me by Guitar/Bass which seem pretty good so far.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.