[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do good festivals even exist? Even if they manage to get a good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: sky grope.webm (3 MB, 404x720) Image search: [Google]
sky grope.webm
3 MB, 404x720
Do good festivals even exist? Even if they manage to get a good line-up and not be overpriced as fuck the festival crowds will still ruin anyone from having a nice musical experience
>>
Stop making this thread
>>
>>63906027
Your subjective experience of festivals is not a meaningful one. You are but a meaningless speck in a dust cloud. Your opinion is not only not valid, your opinions on everything on this planet are generally those of an oppositionalist who uses opinion for conversation banter, and not for genuine interests. You are not a real person. You should kill yourself.
>>
>>63906027
Whatever. I've had quite the blast at several festivals; Coachella, Lollapalooza, Snowcore, etc:

Go stand in the corner and wish you were at home listening to Swans.
>>
>>63906027
>wants a nice musical experience
>goes to live shows
faggot
>>
>>63906027
SXSW is the only good festival. It's all around downtown Austin so you're basically seeing bands in small venues just like you would in your hometown. For the most part it's not giant stages and massive crowds.

Festivals in general are shit. The crowds are annoying, the stages feel insanely disconnected, and just in general big atmosphere is bad for shows.
>>
>>63906042
>>63906281

he's right though. Festivals almost always suck ass for the purposes of listening to and enjoying music. I've been to 5 and while I had fun every time, the music itself wasn't always amazing. Not because of the artists themselves, but because of the setting, acoustics, crowd, and circumstances (shortened set times, weather, etc.)

I'll take a concert over a festival any day if I want to really hear and experience live music
>>
File: 1444339169403.jpg (20 KB, 512x326) Image search: [Google]
1444339169403.jpg
20 KB, 512x326
>>63906558
>shortened set times, weather
>sitting
>not enjoying a great moving performance in during a downpour
>>
I went to one day of ACL when Arcade Fire was headlining. I saw The Walkmen, Fleet Foxes, ArFi, DFA1979, Broken Social Scene, etc. and I can tell you the crowd didn't hinder a damn thing. They all put on great shows, i had good views, and had a fantastic time.

That said, it's been a few years, things could have changed and my friend told me the crowd was insufferable at Austin Psych Fest last year. I'm going to Levitation this year, so I'll report back and tell you guys how wrong or right you are.
>>
>>63907366
I hope it's not shit I got a Saturday pass to see Brian Wilson and Animal Collective.
>>
>>63907441
if you can, record that AnCo set. I'm gonna have to miss it to catch Sleep's full set
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.