[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>baroque, progressive electronic revival, field recording,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: the list could go on.jpg (26 KB, 395x399) Image search: [Google]
the list could go on.jpg
26 KB, 395x399
>baroque, progressive electronic revival, field recording, free improv and EAI/onkyo/noise
where do I go next /mu/? I feel like I reached the apex of music.... HELP!
>>
New Complexity
>>
>>63901360
Can you rec me a starting point?
Someone recc'd me this before but I never found something to start with.
>>
File: waifucore music.jpg (175 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
waifucore music.jpg
175 KB, 736x736
>>63901350
Listen to city pop

It will take nearer to God's light
>>
>>63901389
>file name
I think I'll pass this one......
isn't city pop glorified bossa nova btw?
>>
>>63901430
>isn't city pop glorified bossa nova btw?
Yes. That's what it is.
>>
post-noise
>>
>>63901387
Brian Ferneyhough is a well know composer in this movement
>>
>>63901549
>Brian Ferneyhough
is he a meme or actually good, because he's getting spammed on rym. He's basically the only NC composer with good ratings on there. Can you explain this?
Also
>Arditti String Quartet
they're pretty good, but rym loves them soooo fucking much
>>
>>63901387
>Can you rec me a starting point?
Ferneyhough is the most famous

He's the only one I've listened to so there might be better suggestions.
>>
>>63901616
I like his stuff. I enjoy listening to xenharmonic classical and new complexity once in a while, but I wouldn't, say, play it while driving down the road or doing paperwork. It takes a lot of attention and thinking to appreciate.
>>
>>63901667
see>>63901616

>>63901691
>It takes a lot of attention and thinking to appreciate.
no problem, that's what I'm looking for. Most of the genres in my op are like that too.
well, thanks for the recc anyway. I'll check him out. His position on rym is still a bit suspisious tho. I hope an anon can explain this. thanks senpai
>>
>>63901616
>>63901774
Stop caring so much about a dumb site and just listen to the music
>>
>>63901857
>completely missing the point
I just want a good starting point, not an overrated shilled meme. The rym ratings do suggest this, so I'm asking for an explanation. What's the problem here?
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 276x204) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 276x204
>>63901774
Try these...and explore EAI some more, as well
>>
>>63902825
>explore EAI some more
already am

that pic i a bit stale tho + I think they're a bit over the top and memey (half of them)
>>
>>63901350
listen to rwandan death camp field recordings
>>
>>63901350
Danger music and improv lowercase.

There's some pretty cool music made from analyzing DNA strands too.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.