[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think? Any good? Opener is great. Not really feeling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: d5a30e2e.jpg (130 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
d5a30e2e.jpg
130 KB, 800x800
What do you think? Any good?

Opener is great. Not really feeling the middle as much. First listen caveats apply.
>>
Stop posting this meme punk
>>
I think it's really good, their best since light up gold
>>
File: ZvnxPrA.jpg (3 KB, 126x111) Image search: [Google]
ZvnxPrA.jpg
3 KB, 126x111
>>63899742
>>
Can't wait to listen to it
>>
Man, tracks 8-10 are super solid.. This is pretty good stuff.
>>
On my first listen, on "2 Dead Cops" now.

Fucking great stuff so far. Best release this year since Blackstar.
>>
>>63899742
honest to god fuck offf

I'm not a huge art punk guy, but this album has some solid songs. If Pretty Machines was the best Velvet Underground song they never wrote, then this is the best album hands down.
>>
Listening to it for the first time now. Really loving it, might be my favorite album of the year. The title track really fucked me up family.
>>
loving this album. pre order came with a signed silk screen print. also apparently fucking Lee Ranaldo is playing with them at the show im going to later this month.
ready for them to play mote and erics trip together
>>
Their best album yet. one of the few rock bands still doing something creative/new
>>
AOTY
>>
Captive of the Sun is amazing, love the vocals. Sounds like Cake or Beck
>>
>>63902178
>creative/new

how?
>>
>>63902916
their songwriting is really unique for a current indie rock band, lyrics wise and song structures
>>
>mfw It's Gonna Happen
>>
>>63902955
this to be honest. nice digits btw

>>63899634
it might be 9/10, havent made up my mind yet but definetely top 3 for so far this year along with Blackstar and Sleep Cycles for me.

>God-Tier 10/10 tracks
Human Performance
Captive of the Sun
Steady on my mind
One Man, No City
Berlin got Blurry
Its Gonna Happen

>great tier 8-9/10
the rest desu
>>
>>63902989
this song destroys the little heart i have left
>>
>>63902989
>>63903125
its so great when a band who usually doesn't make feelsy music puts a soul crushing song like that on an album. Reminds me of Liars with the final track on Drums not Dead
>>
>>63902989
the perfect album closer desu
>>
>>63903476
wait so Already Dead is a bonus track or something?
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 680x382) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 680x382
>>63903176
idk if I'm just in a weird spot emotionally right now or something but this album in general is fucking me up

>Nothing lasts but nearly everything lingers in life
>I told you I loved you. Did I even deserve it when you returned it?
>>
>>63903176
thats tru in regards to drums not dead but it fit when i was a kid is emotional as fucc. the songs translate well live
>>
>>63903497
yeah physical copies didnt come with already dead. its a great track but its gonna happen was definitely intended to be the closer
>>
>>63903510
its not just you senpai.

>its gonna happen every single tiiime..she hurts with me in mind:'(

on a break right now with my long-term gf, and this album perfectly encapsulates my emotions.
art-punk at its 21st century peak
>>
I kinda miss their more general anti-conformity attitude. Now it's just feelsy stuff that I don't jive with. I undesrtand what they're saying and all, but I'mm just not at a place for this album to hit my like they have been before.
>>
>>63904518
thats understandable m8, i do hope it grows on you though.
>>
>>63899634
Our generation's TFUL282
>>
>>63905222
Wut? nice triple- double by the way
>>
>>63904922
I mean, Berlin Got Blurry managed to grow on me. I was unhappy with it for a few days before I took it, I expect the rest of the album will fall in line.
>>
>>63905341
i think it will fall in place. its definetely a grower. just revisit it every once in a while
>>
>>63904518
there are some punkier moments on the lp. i was just there and captive of the sun really satisfied my hunger for more art punk
>>
>>63899634
lol dust is fucking terrible, rest is pretty good tho desu
>>
>>63906361
Dust is a jam and a half, why don't you like it?
>>
Wasn't feeling the singles but "One Man No City" is fucking amazing
>>
I'm really into it. I only just found out that Jeff Tweedy played on it, which was a surprise.
>>
Berlin Got Blurry is the best song they've ever made
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.