[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This festival is making me so mad, bro-tier plebs going there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: image 13-56-44-533.jpg (61 KB, 474x367) Image search: [Google]
image 13-56-44-533.jpg
61 KB, 474x367
This festival is making me so mad, bro-tier plebs going there to have "the time of their life" seeing generic shit normie-core EDM """""live""""" and talking about it like it's "something you must do once in a lifetime bro !!!"

I mean yeah dude, I've already gone to some festivals before, and there was actual music, not some your children will laugh at in 20 years when you will still think it's good, and I didn't have to pay double the price for it, and people were actually there to have fun and listen to the concerts not to fight in order to fuck some girl like they do in clubs, and oh yeah, there was actual musicians sometimes even playing instruments.

Now I normally wouldn't care about those people but I stumble into them in real life way too often.

Can't find any article stating this view online so I post this here.

> inb4 he unironically uses the terms "pleb", "normie", "real music" etc.

Yeah ik but these kind of events is an open insult to the spirit of music festivals and music as an art in general.
>>
Share my rage or insult me please.
>>
These people have clubs to go to any day of the week to listen to their music late into the night and now they want festivals as well. maybe the town i live in is a bit crap, but there is no where i can get stupid drunk and listen to decent music until 5/6 am apart from my own home.
>>
>>63898337
>there was actual music
>>
l m a o
You need to grow up and realize not all people listen to music the same way and for the same reasons as you do.
Sure if you judge what music "is supposed to be" from your perspective, it's shite, but you're not in charge of making these definitions.
If people like going to a big open space to dance and have fun with their friend to some dancy songs with a dj pulling the highpass filter up and down, great, this festival will be amazing for them.

Your problem is you think you are more important than these people, they also get a big emotional response from listening to music their way, as you do with yours, just different kinds. PS your way isn't better, it's all subjective.
>>
File: 1992.jpg (291 KB, 800x1237) Image search: [Google]
1992.jpg
291 KB, 800x1237
This festival is making me so mad, bro-tier plebs going there to have "the time of their life" seeing generic shit normie-core rock """""live""""" and talking about it like it's "something you must do once in a lifetime bro !!!"

I mean yeah dude, I've already gone to some festivals before, and there was actual music, not some your children will laugh at in 20 years when you will still think it's good, and I didn't have to pay double the price for it, and people were actually there to have fun and listen to the concerts not to fight in order to fuck some girl like they do in clubs, and oh yeah, there was actual musicians sometimes even playing instruments.

Now I normally wouldn't care about those people but I stumble into them in real life way too often.

Can't find any article stating this view online so I post this here.

> inb4 he unironically uses the terms "pleb", "normie", "real music" etc.

Yeah ik but these kind of events is an open insult to the spirit of music festivals and music as an art in general.
>>
>>63898337
day 2 is ok i guess
>>
>not going to see steve cake aoki
pleb
>>
>>63898528
I already inb4'd that, try to meme right the next time

>>63898627
You can't judge music objectively in it's entirety but there are some strong objective criterions based on which you can state some music is "better" than another.
ie : 3rd wave post-rock is entierly based on ripping off GS!BE, concentrating it's essence in shorter songd, hence more listenable by the public.
You can objectively call it "bad" because of that.

>>63898676
> Putting Nirvana, Public enemy, Ride in the same box as bro-core EDM

Are you even trying ?
>>
>>63898337
nobody cares what you think
>>
>>63898749
I know some people that do and I hope you know some too anon.
>>
>>63898737
Everyone on OPs flyer > Everyone on the reddit flyer

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>63898770
Some influenced artists and contributed to create new sounds and genres, others mastered the art of flattering the inattentive listener's ear in order to make money.

It's hard bait tho, consider yourself lucky that I'm replying and you shouldn't expect another answer.
>>
>>63898737
You still fail to realize how there are different views on this, just because first or second wave post rock is a more "pure" take on the genre doesn't mean people should like it more, there are no rules on what good music is thankfully or it would be incredibly limited.

Let me ask you this, if people get the most enjoyment from music by it being danceable, would you recommend them going to a GY!BE gig or an avicii gig?
>>
>>63898818
Calling a post b8 is just proof you have no argument.
>>
>>63898737
OP can't inb4 dipshit, also >>63898749
>>
File: image.png (159 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
159 KB, 300x300
>>63898826
enjoyment =/= quality of music

Different "views" are just different levels of culture people have.
If can accept that pic related is good even though I hate it and can't listen to it for more than 15 minutes.

bro-core EDM = level 0 of culture.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 600x600
>>63898930
Oh you went and check le ebin rules of the intewebz !!
Good job, here's a meme for you kid.
>>
>>63898932
You're essentially saying "you're not supposed to enjoy music"
Who says?
Since when is it canon that music is merely an intellectual pursuit?
Art isn't objective
>>
>>63898337
Don't worry OP. This looks like fucking shit. How much are tickets?
>>
>>63898970
Debate on wether or not music is objective or subjective is sterile because it's a bit of both.

But I think we can admit that "good" music is music that survives over the years to some extent.

But on an historical point of view, Avicii's and Getta's EDM will be viewed as shit in several years because it doesn't contributes in any way in the evolution of music as a whole 'or as an art)

>>63898996
It's like 450$ for 3 days (900$ with the tents) and tickets are selling really fast (like 2 or 3 minutes after the opening)
At the start of the festival, tickets sell at 3 to 5 times the original price.
>>
>>63899046
Fuck thats disgustingly expensive. Every right to rage m8. Normies are disgusting.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.