[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wow! sampling is super inventive! the rap man took the part of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
wow! sampling is super inventive! the rap man took the part of the song the other guy made....and he played it over and over!!!! lmao! genius.

how is sampling considered remotely original?? and you guy give led zeppelin shit for stealing riffs
>>
>>63894811
Kanye is a baby dicked hack
>>
>>63894811
youre whack on all levels
read a book doofus
>>
>>63894876
rec me a book dumbass
>>
>>63894811
how is it any different from playing the same chords everyone in history has already played on a guitar or piano? shutup pleb. its just another instrument.
>>
>>63894962
because instead of taking the same chords and adding an original melody/arrangement/rhythm, he's just taking the EXACT track and speeding it up or slowing it down. it's lazy and the worst form of music
>>
>>63894811
I just to think the same way you do... until I found this beauty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQG05eOxgvg
>>
>>63894811
This album is a very bad example of
>the rap man took the part of the song the other guy made....and he played it over and over!!!!
Which is really what kanye did, except he actually made pretty original works out of the samples by effecting, pitchshifting and stretching, clever chopping and layering with his own instruments and vocals

>>63894962
>its just another instrument.
Except you have loads more control out of what you can get out of an instrument than you can ever get by sampling music.
>>
>>63895003
>>63895021
both end up creating the same result. quit being fedora fags.
>>
>>63895021
lol at that second part
>>
>>63895003
>because instead of taking the same chords and adding an original melody/arrangement/rhythm, he's just taking the EXACT track and speeding it up or slowing it down

lmao, he did add his own original melodies/arrangements and rhythms, idiot
>>
>>63895019
i've listened to this album idiot. i've been on this board for more than 2 days

>>63895021
he didn't make original works, if he wanted to make original works he would have used the endless supply of instrumentalists and composers at his disposal to create a work of staggering and original genius instead of using already made works to create a hack job of spliced together garbage that only sort of passes as a album with his mediocre rap
>>
>>63895047
>>>63895003
>>>63895021
>both end up creating the same result. quit being fedora fags.
Seconded
>>
>>63895086
then this is either bait or you're just retarded
>>
>>63895047
no they don't

>>63895062
he added boring cliche rap beats, WOWWWWWW that's so original. my mind is fucking blown. how could someone in 2004 have this vision? godDAMN what a genius

he barely added any arrangement at all. if we're talking late registration and on, maybe, but i'm talking about this album.

i'm using this album as a representation of the dangers of sampling
>>
Kind of sad really.

Back in the renaissance era we had beautiful Mozart, Bach, Shakespeare, Beethoven. Now we have Kanye West being compared to these legends? By producing something any kiddo with a laptop can? Rap and hip-hop is a disgrace to music and I loathe this time period of music. Soon classical and good music will rise again.
>>
>>63895154
i can't wait my man. what a disgrace this era has been
>>
>>63895154
hiphop is here to stay, oldfag btfo
>>
>>63895148
do you know what an arrangement is... it's not like it would be that hard without a basic knowledge of music theory... but you seem to not be able to grasp the concept.. it's almost like you're an idiot.

also you're ignoring the part where I said he added his own original melodies and rhythms over the samples (most of which didn't even loop for the entire track, but were used as layers in choruses and as intros)
>>
>>63895219

I'm not an oldfag, but I guess I do have the mentality of a wise elder.

I'll excuse you guys for listening to hip-hop since you are underage, eventually you will find classical and Owl City and start listening to good music.
>>
>>63895220
honestly anyone whose concept of art is this married to skills (read:guitar) is never going to 'get' hip hop anyway, so just let them enjoy their sick solos
>>
>>63895154

cites shakespeare

>shakespeare based many of his plays on the stories of other people
>>
it's not about artistic merit, that's long gone senpai, it's about making dope music and doing dope shit in general
>>
>>63895290

Other people as in fictional characters he created.

you know ORIGINAL IDEAS he had

you know ACTUAL ORIGINAL CONTENT THAT IS STILL CONSUMED HUNDREDS OF YEARS LATER.

Kanye could never amount to any of this.
>>
nah i like kanye and his music i was just trying to provoke discussion. but it just turned into name calling and bullshit
>>
>>63895154
Yeah we totally want music any kid with pen and paper can make.
>>
>>63895311

>other people as in fictional characters he created

uh no, that's not what i mean.

and he didn't create many of his most famous characters

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tragical_History_of_Romeus_and_Juliet
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Othello#Cinthio_source

>Othello is an adaptation of the Italian writer Cinthio's tale "Un Capitano Moro" ("A Moorish Captain") from his Gli Hecatommithi (1565)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holinshed%27s_Chronicles#The_Chronicles_and_Macbeth

>Shakespeare used the revised second edition of the Chronicles (published in 1587) as the source for most of his history plays, the plot of Macbeth, and for portions of King Lear and Cymbeline

> In Chronicles....after being pressured by his wife, he and four of his servants kill the King in his own house. In Chronicles, Macbeth... and Banquo meet the three witches, who make exactly the same prophecies as in Shakespeare's version.

Shakespeare reconstituted others' ideas
>>
>>63895479
If you actually believe this you are retarded.
>>
youre a stupid fag but kanye really is shit
>>
>>63895498

http://www.cems.ox.ac.uk/holinshed/index.shtml

here's an official Oxford page talking about the Chronicles.

if it's good enough for those retards at Oxford it's good enough for me
>>
>>63895259
100% this
>>
>>63895154
>1910= music started
>>
>>63895498
https://prezi.com/4awtywqt_qjb/il-pecorone-and-merchant-of-venice/

here you go kid

shakespeare took other people's ideas but made them his own with his fantastic writing and changed a couple of details (gave the folk tale king lear was based on a sad ending, made merchant of venice a bit more antisemitic) which is what makes shakespeare a legendary writer, there's no way you can argue it's not a legitimate technique when guys like kanye do it

and i don't even fucking like kanye
>>
File: 1384678236144.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1384678236144.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>63895498
you fucking retard
genuinely i suspect that you might be the BIGGEST FUCKING RETARD on this ENTIRE WEBSITE, AND I'M INCLUDING /B/. You don't know shit about Shakespeare if you don't know that he took like 95% of his shit from other work. Like look at this shit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Leir The concept of "originality" didn't exist in the same way in the early modern period; it just simply wasn't valued. What DID matter was whether what was produced was good or not, which clearly you're not interested in because "hurr durr evryting must be original 100% of the time". BUILDING OFF OTHER PEOPLE'S IDEAS IS LITERALLY THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF ALL ART, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ORIGINALITY

fucking hell, i only ran across this trip for the first time recently and you're already my least favourite faggot on this entire fucking website. even the fucking 14 year olds on /b/ are more tolerable than you, you fat, retarded neckbeard.

you really don't know shit about anything, you just like to think that you do

Faggot.
>>
>>63895498
...and the Worst New Tripfag Award goes to Speedy Snail for being an actual retard. Well done.
>>
File: the-avalanches-sinceimetyou.jpg (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
the-avalanches-sinceimetyou.jpg
78 KB, 500x500
>sampling is bad meme
>>
>>63895154
by your logic, classical music could be made by any kid with an access to a piano
>>
>>63896576
>THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ORIGINALITY
good post but there IS such a thing.
>>
>>63895021
>Except you have loads more control out of what you can get out of an instrument than you can ever get by sampling music.
Topkek
>>
>>63899641
Isn't it estimated that you'll have about four completely original ideas in your lifetime, and everything else has been thought up by someone else?

So yeah. It "exists" but whether or not it's truly "original" is up in the air.
>>
Ok....

When you were a kid in school, you remember making mosaics right? Out of torn up pieces of paper? Same thing

It takes creativity to take something and turn it into something completely different, but given the fact that you posted a Kanye West image makes me think (know) you're some mong teenager who doesn't know the first thing about music let alone hip hop.

By the way, get a haircut, your shirt doesn't fit, junk food only makes your acne worse, and New Balance sneakers make you look like a pedophile.
>>
>>63899691
I don't know about that estimation, but yes, every unoriginal thought of mine was someone else's original thought
>>
>>63899722
HELL YEAH BROTHER U FKIN SHOWED HIM WSUP RIGHT THERE LMAO THAT LAST PART xD
>>
>>63895479
beautiful. it's kinda cool that so many of the things we love is based on even earlier ideas. we take what we love and build on it.

ofc there's lazy use of sampling and im not a fan of kanye or anything but sometimes sample based music can be so fucking incredible
>>
>>63899840
You don't even know what stereotype you're trying to sarcastically mimic.

But yeah...keep doing your Hulkamaniac, hispanic slanguage, teen girl thing....and thinking it's all the same thing.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.