[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you stop being an edgy contrarian and accept that they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: QUEEN[1].jpg (58 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
QUEEN[1].jpg
58 KB, 600x600
When did you stop being an edgy contrarian and accept that they were good?

Probably around 20 for me.
>>
Right out of the womb
>>
probably 19. queen II + sheer heart attack deep cuts
>>
>>63894116

This, except I was 17.

Those who say "only their greatest hits are any good" have never heard Liar, Ogre Battle, Flick of the Wrist, or March of the Black Queen.
>>
>>63892650
I got into them when I was 9 and bought their debut at a Best Buy. I heard Queen II for the first time only a couple years ago. I can't believe that people dislike this band just because of a cringefest fanbase.
>>
>>63892650
I've loved Queen since I saw Highlander. I really can't understand the dislike. Who Wants to Live Forever is still my favorite track.
>>
70s Queen-GOAT
80s Queen-AVOID
90s Queen-See 70s Queen. Shame there were only two albums. Also Brian May's solo albums are quite good.
>>
>>63892650
>>
>>63892650
My dad sat me down one day after having unloaded these towering home theater speakers into our living room off the back of a truck with with the some mexican dudes. This was in Arizona in the 90's during the dirt-cheap housing boom. He put a CD into the player and said, "Son, do you like rock music?" I knew to nod in agreement. "Then you fucking love queen."

He put on Fat Bottom Girls. His wife at the time was a very touchy, very fat woman. She would yell at any of us, at any time, for any reason. But not for this. It was like she won the lottery. The walls rang with OHHH YOU GONNA LET IT ALL HANG OUT and on the first deafening bass drum her fist was in the air. She was lip syncing while dad stood on the couch playing air guitar.

They performed the entire song. Dad kept playing compact disks at vfull volume until the neighbors complained maybe 8 hours later. She spent the night in her room with the door shut. After that summer I never spoke to my little sister again. It turned out we weren't related, except through Queen.
>>
>bowie dies
>casually tell a friend that he was one of the best artists of his generation
>he tells me queen was
leled oeut leoud
>>
>>63892650
a friend showed em to me in like 4th grade, ive loved them since, I just didnt admit it on /mu/ until I was probably like 19 when I stopped giving a fuck about how other people view my music taste.

Being contrarian is literally autism
>>
>>63895734
Maybe, anon, and this is going to be crazy, the road we are going to go down is rocky and this car has no handles, because this line of discourse I know to be beyond the patience of many, as simply too few ever humor this proposition, given the relative absurdity many immediately perceive in it, especially since so many find what I propose to be fundamentally offensive to their judgement, perhaps arising from an innate tendency to associate one's opinions with their metaphorical perimeter and disdain those they perceive to be foreign to and thus transgressive of it, regardless no often humors, yet you must simply bear with what I shall say, which I relate knowing the patience it asks of one who listens: perhaps both are good.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.