[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
post your favorite Sufjan lyric
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: sufjan_stevens.jpg (212 KB, 1023x691) Image search: [Google]
sufjan_stevens.jpg
212 KB, 1023x691
post your favorite Sufjan lyric
>>
IT'S NOT SO IMPOSSIBLE
>>
I masturbated
>>
"We're all gonna die"
;_;
>>
is this guy really into jesus?
>>
your favorite Sufjan lyric
>>
your favorite Sufjan lyric
>>
>daddy fucked me once and hurt my brain
>now i look for men who'll do the same
>in parking lots and men's rooms
>while you sleep
>>
>I cried myself to sleep last night
>and the ghost of Carl, he approached my window
>I was hypnotized
>I was asked
>To improvise on the attitude, the regret,
>Of a thousand centuries of death
>>
>>63891214
/thread
>>
>>63891168
I don't like Sufjan lyrics. I hate them all equally and have no favorite; I think he's a mediocre lyricist and an even worse poet

You guys think he's a good writer because he whispers very softly and sadly, and says the strange and ambiguous things. But he hides behind ambiguity and excessive symbolism because he has no content to share

He's essentially a singer-songwriter for very young people, early high school age I would say. Sort of like a Young Adult musician, in the same vein as Stephanie Meyer and whoever wrote those Hunger Games books
>>
Futile Devices is an amazing song
I relate to it so heavily rn
>>
your favorite Sufjan Stevens
>>
>>63892207
His obtuse, pseudo-academic lyrics on Illinoise can feel a bit hollow but his personal songs are typically filled to the brim with meaningful content, especially if you're familiar with Christian stories and symbols.
Listen to "John My Beloved" and try saying that again with a straight face.
>>
>>63892207
btw who is your favorite lyricist?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.