[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did people think this was a disappointment?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: folder.jpg (124 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
124 KB, 600x600
Why did people think this was a disappointment?
>>
>>63889267
>hip hoop
>good
kys
>>
Imo, it's the best tribe album. Only just a personal opinion. The Dilla beats coupled with ATCQ, was a little ahead of its time, I think and people weren't able to appreciate that.
>>
Because it wasn't happy go lucky and Consequence was an unfamiliar voice.
It really is a very good album, very somber.
>>
>>63889309
Yeah, I'm listening to it now, it's way less hooky, more about mood more than anything else. I always considered tribe to be about mood though.
>>
>>63889284
sad that this is the first reply.
>>
>>63889358
It's strange, even recent articles say the album wasn't as good. That it was "the beginning of the end", shit like that.
>>
>>63889380
sure, but maybe you can consider suicide (hopefully)
>>
>>63889358
Definitely. People were expecting jams like What's The Scenario, Steve Biko etc... They're arguably more pop-y, accessible tracks.
>>
>>63889380
Don't feed the trolls. Some 4chan users like to challenge the notion that you can't sink any lower.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENqUeOit7oM
one of my favorites by ATCQ
>>
>>63889267
I still think their jazzier albums are better.
>>
>>63889616
Yeah yeah totally.
It's crazy how people still say it's weak in retrospect though.
>>
shit taste, mostly
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.