[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: artists/bands who made an impressive late-career comeback
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: Iggy Pop old.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Iggy Pop old.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
For over twenty years this man released nothing but shit then out of nowhere he dropped one of the best albums of his entire solo career.
>>
>>63879395
redditors can be sneaky
>>
>>63879437
What?
>>
>>63879395
>not liking his jazz albums
>>
File: New Order Music Complete.jpg (175 KB, 1426x1426) Image search: [Google]
New Order Music Complete.jpg
175 KB, 1426x1426
They never really went to shit but their last few albums were disappointments. This is the best album they've made since Republic.
>>
>>63879395
hell be fine
>>
>>63879722
don't you dare anon
>>
if you consider Post pop depression to be of the best then you have no standards. Honestly, just because his discography is terrible doesn't make this one "good"
>>
>>63879395
always get him and iggy azaelia mixed up
>>
>>63879763
Obviously it's not one of the best of his entire career since that includes The Stooges but it's definitely one of the best of his solo career.

Lust for Life > The Idiot > Kill City > New Values > Post Pop Depression > American Caesar > the rest of his solo career
>>
>>63879722
Stop!
>>
>>63879860
Who's the idiot now?
>>
Bowie obviously.

I also think Television's 1992 self titled album is great.
>>
>>63879763
Name five Iggy solo records that are better than PPD.
>>
File: Swans_The_Seer_album.jpg (48 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Swans_The_Seer_album.jpg
48 KB, 300x300
Swans
>>
THE OFFICIAL IGGY POP POWER RANKINGS:

>GOAT
Raw Power
Fun House
Lust for Life
The Idiot

>Great
The Stooges
New Values
Kill City

>Good
American Caesar
Post Pop Depression
Soldier

>Decent
Zombie Birdhouse
Brick by Brick

>Shit
everything else
>>
>>63881867

this.
>>
>>63881867
right!
although in my opinion kill city is goat
>>
>>63880288
Nobody talks about Television s/t, but the opening track is better than most songs over Adventure
>>
Not really a comeback since they've always been good but this is straight up their most energized and restless album since their 90's heyday.
>>
>>63879395
what iggy pop album are you referring to?
>>
File: Post Pop Depression.jpg (245 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
Post Pop Depression.jpg
245 KB, 1300x1300
>>63882761
Post Pop Depression.
>>
>>63881749
Even if you think that nu-swans isn't as good as old Swans, it's pretty hard to deny that they had an amazing comeback.
>>
I like Skull Ring
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.