[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /mu/, I don't really listen to records much but I came
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_6568.jpg (592 KB, 1224x1632) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6568.jpg
592 KB, 1224x1632
Hi /mu/, I don't really listen to records much but I came across this 12 inch worth some money so I'd like to sell it. It looks a bit dirty, though, so I'm not sure if it's still playable. It doesn't look too scratched but there's a few pieces of junk stuck to the vinyl. I don't have any way to play it, so I was wondering if you could help me determine if it's sellable. Thanks
>>
File: vinyl-bowl2.jpg (73 KB, 500x434) Image search: [Google]
vinyl-bowl2.jpg
73 KB, 500x434
melt it a bit and make a bowl out of it then sell it for a few bucks

>pic related
>>
>>63877521
cringe thread?
>>
put ur dick through the hole and spin the vinyl
>>
>>63877549
hahahahahahahahahahahah dude... like... hahahahahahah omg dude haha like lol ha ha man.....
>>
>>63877544
it's quite a popular decorative item and it's highly probable OP would find some demand for it, so hardly cringe
>>
>>63877605
The album is worth like $200 dollars
>>
>>63877624
in that case don't do it
>>
>>63877605
No, the cringe is that people actually do such awful things to their records.
It's just painful for me to look at
>>
i mean how the fuck do we "determine" if it's sellable how fucking dense are you. find a record player and play it. that's how you know.
>>
>>63877703
I have no friends or family therefor I don't know anyone with a record player you fucking piece of dirt you just ruined my day.
>>
>>63877745
>I have no friends
Go out and make some then, it's not that hard
>>
>>63877774
I'm going to kill myself
>>
Checked discogs, yeah this is worth a pretty fucking penny.

Go to a local record store and ask to use their listening station or something. Just don't let them see what you have, in case they're well versed.
>>
>>63877783
cool beans, bro
>>
pretty sure i can see some nasty scratches on there.

can't be certain cuz its just 1 picture but definitely try playing that b4 u sell it
>>
>>63877799
never check discogs for prices, especially for maxis
this particular one is worth about 30-50 bucks, not more. probably 20 because it has lots of hairlines and scratches
>>
>It doesn't look too scratched but there's a few pieces of junk stuck to the vinyl

sounds like bad news for the needle
>>
>>63877880
Why, because people kike it up like mad on there?

I mean, if there's a market for it. It's one thing if people are trying to throw a record around for 200 and no one is buying, but it has a purchase history and 36 people want it. Seems feasible to me.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jUCvWSObKA
Jesus, this band is fucking terrible. No wonder this vinyl is rare
>>
>>63877932
>Why, because people kike it up like mad on there?

exactly. and the problem with funk/soul/disco and more generally dance music is that nowadays lots of djs prefer to make a set out of ten "rare" tracks for the sake of obscurity, rather than building one over the years. so they throw away a lot of money, and prices go up. for exemple there's a swedish guy who bought everything soul related a year or two ago, and he was always bidding at 200+$ so now the marker has become pretty inaffordable because of him.
so, if you want to destroy the market and sell one album for 200$ a month to someone who doesn't care rather than selling ten for 20$ each to people who will enjoy them, go for it indeed, but remember a lot of people have truckloads of albums on their wantlist so yours is never going to be a priority, especially if the price is off the roof
>>
>>63878079
>00:19
kek

The OP album is probably better.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.