[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drummers of /mu/, how often do you practice? Do you practice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 01.jpg (156 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
156 KB, 1200x1200
Drummers of /mu/, how often do you practice? Do you practice by jamming to songs?
>>
File: 1459723045023.jpg (45 KB, 599x443) Image search: [Google]
1459723045023.jpg
45 KB, 599x443
>>63871912
I am a drum god and never need to practice since it is beneath me

Nah, I usually jam with other people and I'm better at improvising than anything else because of it, and not very good at rudiments and the like because of it. I'd recommend practicing at least once a week, more often or for longer periods of time if you feel you're not progressing as much as you'd like.
And don't gloss over the basics like I did
>>
at least an hour a day. always with a metronome, it keeps me focused.

I dont practice by jamming with songs unless they're for my own band. for me it feels unnatural to play on top of another drummer and try to match them.
>>
I try to at least get some rudiments in every day, usually to a metronome but it can be fun to do it to music if you're practising for an hour or so.
Otherwise I try to play at least once a week, either to songs or just playing freely, playing around and coming up with new grooves and such.
>>
anyone know a good place to find sheet music? I'm getting a decent collection built up but it's so much harder to find than sheet music for other instruments

and any tips for branching out into other genres like emo(no hate please) and jazz? Mostly play basic rock like RHCP, nirvana, foo fighters etc
>>
i play for an hour to 4 or 5 along to music on an mp3 player 2 or 3 times a week. i typically don't worry about playing along, i try to just play in time to the music but block it out. if that makes any sense. i try to make sure to play without music but w/e i'm playing to enjoy it and if i don't feel like doing something i don't.
>>
>>63871912
i play like one day a week for like an hour. i really wish i played more but ive been pretty discouraged lately. i get laeesons once a week but they dont help much cuz i dont practice. but when i do play i just jam with music. i think thats why i improve so slowly.
>>
I usually play at least an hour a day, sometimes a few. I constantly come up with different rhythms, play them slow to fast, then start adding to them with fills and whatnot, or subtracting from them. I practice rudiments on a pad at night. It's relatively unstructured, but there's a purpose to it, it's focused.
>>
>>63871912
For the last six months, I jam with my roommate for as long as I can every day. I spend my entire days off playing with him and others we get over to jam with.

We've done it since he's moved in, and my skill level has skyrocketed. But at the same time, I've found practicing by myself is also really important in developing new skills. All in all, the more you practice, the you develop.
>>
>>63871912
I play at least 20 minutes every day, mostly jamming to songs, but I also put on a metronome regularly and work on timing/technique.
>>
i practice on the steering wheel whenever im driving to a good song.

i practice on a set ~3-6 times a week for ~1-3 hrs.
these days ive been doing it without any other sounds.
when i do play with music i make something up with a loop pedal and play along with it. i have tried playing along with music from the ipod but it didnt feel right.

also i record every practice and listen back and that is maybe helpful
>>
Any tips on how to get started with drums? It's something I've been thinking about for the past years but I never realized that idea.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.