[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so what does /mu/ think about this movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: whiplash2.jpg (209 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
whiplash2.jpg
209 KB, 1280x720
so what does /mu/ think about this movie?
>>
>>63863092
Not quite my tempo
>>
not really accurate portrayal of jazz or drumming. But the emotional stuff is pretty good, and so is the music
>>
Great film

the last half hour or so was so tense
>>
Electrifying
>>
>>63863142
>not really accurate portrayal of jazz or drumming
wow guys we made it to 3 posts this time

fucking grats
>>
Great film. Tense as fuck
>inb4 muh realism
>>
>>63863172
do you think it actually is accurate? have you ever played drums in a jazz band?
>>
Sports movie but with music instead.
>>
>>63863230
>>63863172
I'm not saying it's bad, it's a great movie but you can't argue it's accurate
>>
>>63863230
>>63863250
no, I think it's a film

why are you morons in every whiplash thread racing to inform us all it's unrealistic, as if I was sat there going "hmm, I bet this sort of thing happens all the time"
>>
I feel like I'm the only person I know that hated this movie
>>
>>63863282
if you wanna discuss film you could go to /tv/
>>
>>63863308
/tv/ hates it too cause " muh realism "
>>
File: FullSizeRender(10).jpg (402 KB, 1920x1920) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender(10).jpg
402 KB, 1920x1920
https://cokedivas.bandcamp.com/album/devalue

/mu/ thinks it's great, now /mu/'s wondering what you guys think about this album..
>>
>>63863329
uwot m8?

i'm on /mu/, and this thread is here. i'm just responding to what i see

but if I fancy hanging with the pedos I'll give /tv/ a visit
>>
>>63863376
/tv/ hates everything
>>
>>63863376
There's nothing realistic about it. It's another "no pain, no gain" sacrifice sports story except the opposing team is the hero himself.

>That montage scene

Kek
>>
>>63863092
good movie and story

no movies are ever like the real thing, i'm a drummer and think all the drummers that bitch and moan about it are autistic. hacker movies aren't like real hacking or computer science, police don't operate like they do in police movies, detectives don't act like crazy badasses, i don't get why people don't have a problem with that stuff in movies but have a problem with this because you heard a china noise and he didn't have a china on his kit
>>
trash
>>
Is there any good music films?
>>
I really liked the movie, but I did have 2 issues

1 is that it looks fake as shit (cuz it is). Not that it's unrealistic (it is) but that the fake playing is honestly laughably bad that I can't take it serious.
2 is that while the music is definitely hard, it's not hard enough. The main character wants to be one of the greats but the big finale is something thousands of professional drummers/percussionist could play which makes it hard to take serious again.

Aside from those, there wasn't much else that was too bad.

8.5/10
>>
>>63863455
Its not supposed to be realistic in a sense
>>
>>63863573
The dude actually played
>>
>>63863092
It was a quality product. Great acting and cinematography. But it felt to me like a film about music made by extreme sports fanatics.
Like, the film keeps elbowing you, shouting
>DO YOU THINK THIS IS BORING?
>I BET YOU THOUGHT JAZZ WAS BORING BEFORE YOU WATCHED THIS!
>>
>>63863376
/tv/ is all capeshit and reddit, i just go for the memes.
>>
>>63863693
he played simplified versions which where dubbed over by a professional drummer
>>
I don't know what you guys mean by unrealistic cause some of it (not all) felt pretty real and was stuff I related to
>>
It bothered me that the music didn't match up with what the musicians were doing a lot of the time. Movie was decent, 7/10
>>
>>63863473
Nice b8 ;^)
>>
File: image.png (188 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
188 KB, 640x1136
>>63863396
>>63863439
/tv/ here, can confirm

Every single day, at this time-ish, this faggot pedo poster always posts a fucking pic of the same 15yr old child actor from Gotham, like the pedo fag stalks him or some shit
>>
I cringed so hard when he asked out that girl. I hope no one really does that, that's so mean :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OPXWTAF74s
>>
>>63864004
was there any valid reason for this scene other than to make us fuckin hate her

i did not forget that shit
>>
>>63864141
She was just messing with him xD

It's cute and playful :p
>>
>>63863329

But this is relevant because this particular film is about musicians.
>>
>>63863329
>/tv/
>discussing film

lol
>>
>>63863092
i never saw it but i like it because when it came out i was in the school jazz band as the drummer and people automatically thought i was cool and then they started calling my whiplash when i wore bandages on my hands. it made me cool for like a week
>>
>>63864004
>>63864141
This relationship was so forced and uninteresting. There was literally 5 minutes of uncaptivating footage and at the end the movie screamed "look at all the sacrifices he had to make!" at you.
>>
>>63864968
I saw it less as sacrifice and more as a "wow what a dick" kinda thing
>>
>>63863282
I've seen like shit like this in a Jazz band I played in High School. It especially gets ugly when your director went to Juliard and it's the drummer of all people having a hard time. Apparently this was based on a class in Princeton, NJ which I don't see as unlikely.
>>
>>63863125
im so glad no one replied to you
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.