[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This album does not have any shoegaze on it It's mostly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: cover.jpg (14 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
14 KB, 350x350
This album does not have any shoegaze on it

It's mostly slow core with a few psych rock songs

Why did anyone consider it shoegaze?
>>
>>63859023
No one ever considered it to be shoegaze
>>
because the guitars are shoegazy
>>
no one called it shoe gaze you dick sucker... go back to mbv you don't deserve to hear this album
>>
>>63859064
Whenever I first saw this album posted in 2015 and 2016 people always referred to it as shoegaze
>>63859071
What usually constitutes shoegaze guitars? Lots of distortion? Reverb? Delay? Most of the guitars on the album are clean without any effects.
>>
>>63859023
What's your definition of shoegaze
>>
i mean someone might consider it shoegaze bc the guitars are so loud and the vocals are not
>>
no one ever said
>>
>>63859118
i was thinking about contemperary movement my bad
>>
>>63859097
I actually really like the album, I think you misunderstood the purpose of my post.
>>63859121
Basically, pop and rock music with a distinct focus on the guitars being drowned in effects sometimes creating complex walls of sound. The drums and bass usually take a back seat just creating basic rhythms and not being in the forefront. The vocals are usually lazy and dreamy floating through the mix. This has been my experience with the shoegaze music that I've heard.
>>63859136
That doesn't make any sense?
>>63859137
They did
>>63859151
Yeah, that album is unquestionably a slowcore album.
>>
>>63859215
why doesn't it make any sense? it has this distinct feel of guitars and textures overpowering vocals, and that is one of shoegazing calling cards
>>
>>63859257
It's like saying that a metal band is actually a punk band because the singer screams.

One single stylistic similarity between some of the songs off of Duster's Stratosphere and the over arching sound of shoegaze is not enough for it to be considered shoegaze.
>>
>>63859378
i said "someone might consider" it being shoegaze based on that. read what u reply to.
>>
>>63859436
You posting what you posted, lead me to believe that you were implying that you believed that. At any rate, it still doesn't make sense.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.