[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is terrible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: Folder.jpg (24 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
24 KB, 200x200
So what if it was "influential"? It sounds like shit. It drones too long, is badly recorded and mixed, and doesn't explore.

Why do people always act patrician by listening to this over bands that would go on to refine, beautify and overall improve this sound such as Up-Tight and Shizuka? Why meet the cow rather than eat the steak?
>>
who cares what you think
>>
>>63858667
>Why meet the cow rather than eat the steak?
I'm vegetarian.
>>
>LRD
>influential
they were a Velvet Underground rip-off band with a lot of distortion that no one even knew about until Julian Cope released Japrock Sampler in 2007
>>
>>63858667
Why do people listen to the beatles?
>>
>Influential

"No"

They were a completely forgettable footnote in history and the "le influential mysterious noise rock" thing is a meme perpetuated by t-shirt salesmen. Fushitsusha, High Rise, etc. got far more influence from Western free jazz than from LRD. In fact, hipsters wouldn't even care about LRD at all had Henry Rollins never brought them up.

They're a garbage band that played extremely simple songs but with an assload of feedback - you know, what TVU did a DECADE ago.

Scaruffi is right. Les Rallizes Denudes are the textbook definition of talentless hacks.
>>
>>63858667
You're right, High Rise is better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uqy-LDdeDc
>>
>>63858798
>TVU
>anything close to the genius of LRD

Les Razilles is noise rock exactly as noise rock should be. They were playing music that was more psychedelic, heavier, than any band around at that time. No noise rock band has come close to making rock music as heavy as they did, and Heavier Than A Death In the Family is a timeless classic, the single greatest record in the noise rock genre, fuck all the naysayers.
>>
what is this TVU did it better meme
TVU only had like one song that sounded similar to LRD and it was shit
>>
>>63858891
>In fact, hipsters wouldn't even care about LRD at all had Henry Rollins never brought them up.
what

are you memeing?
>>
>>63859014
Exactly. Velvet Undergound has exactly nothing in common with Les Rallizes.
>>
how the fuck do you even pronounce their name?

i say it like "lay real e zay day new day"
>>
>>63858981

>single greatest record in the noise rock genre

How's that first week on RYM?

>>63859032

Henry Rollins wrote an article about how much he loved Les Rallizes a few years back. All of a sudden, '77 Live is a meme. I wonder why?
>>
>>63859068
I don't even use RYM though thank you for your very informative, intelligent and insightful comment. I would love to hear what you suggest is a better noise rock album, since you seem to be such an authority on the subject.
>>
>>63859116

Jesus Lizard - Liar
>>
>>63859171
Lol, pathetic
>>
>>63859196
Thank you for your very informative, intelligent and insightful comment.
>>
you have to admit that enter the mirror is absolutely beautiful though

i like their stripped down acoustic album (mizutani it's called) a lot more. they should have just been an acoustic band because they were really good at it
>>
I want Takashi Mizutani to hijack my ass and fly it to North Korea if you catch my drift (I meant I want him to have sexual intercourse with me)
>>
>>63859207
Not him, but what are similar bands to LRD that are better? I like the ideas LRD had in their music but it's simply not interesting enough for me.
>>
I too saw this on /mu/ a few weeks ago, and gave it a listen. Was shocked with how bad it actually is
>>
Friendly reminder that TVU literally made one song even vaguely similar to LRD and it's still not even close to being the same thing.

Friendly reminder that their best is Mizutani.

Friendly reminder that them being a band that's getting a lot of retrospective buzz doesn't make them a meme.
>>
>>63859351
Do you know any acoustic/folk albums that are similar to Mizutani? I love that album but I've yet to find anything similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmepKy0DfxA

I'm inquiring mostly about this song specifically.
>>
>>63859207
>>63859296
Well I would suggest that you are both plebs - for me LRD at their best is a peak of rock music; in that era there was not a single band who was heavier, the Stooges, Velvet Underground sound pathetic in comparison, LRD, to me, seems like the culmination of all heavy rock music, and I don't believe there has been any bands who have done the job better since. In my experience people who don't understand something or feel that something is too clever for them they react with hostility, much like the story of the fox who couldn't reach the grapes, which I'm seeing a lot of in this thread. Another band I'd recommend (though they're not really noise rock) is the Swedish Parson Sound, fantastic psychedelic lo-fi rock band, if anyone enjoys LRD they'll most likely enjoy that too.
>>
>>63859351
Heavier Than a Death in the Family is better than Mizutani. So is Electric Pureland as well as December's Black Children.
>>
>>63859351
>true

>lol no

>yes, they're a meme since 2011
>>
>>63859422
>>63858981

I agree with you 100%. OP can suck a fat fucking dick
>>
>>63858667
The only (debatably) bad thing about it are the vocals.
>>
File: gillian_2.jpg (11 KB, 175x157) Image search: [Google]
gillian_2.jpg
11 KB, 175x157
>>63858667
>It sounds like shit, it drones too long, is badly recorded and mixed, and doesn't explore.

That's why I love it though.
>>
>>63858667
>sounds like shit
>drones too long
>doesn't explore

lol nice music theory knowledge, pleb
>>
Mellow out is a pretty good Japanese noise psych band. It's like a noisier, psychedelic lo-fi version of Dinosaur Jr.
>>
V A N C O U V E R ?
>>
File: planters peanuts.jpg (97 KB, 533x552) Image search: [Google]
planters peanuts.jpg
97 KB, 533x552
>it's a 'mu plebs get a hold of an actual inaccessible album' thread
>>
>>63860825
The most inaccessible thing about it is that it's and hour twenty long and even then that's not crazy long.
>>
It's a meme album you fell for. Like Musical Abortions.
>>
>>63859904
For people not familiar, the band is actually called mainliner, but the record is fantastic
>>
>>63860825
>LRD
>inaccessible
It's some of the most feel good, happy rock music there is. This is just low tier b8.
>>
>>63862612
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9naMT5bRVs4
>>
>>63860825

>Slightly heavier Big Black
>Inaccessible

This is what poseurs actually believe.

I bet you also think Merzbow and Captain Beefheart are hard artists to get into?
>>
>>63862612
That's what I meant, tiring day
>>
LRD is good
77 live isn't the best release though
>>
>>63859059
luh rah-leez day-new-day
>>
>>63858798
>that no one even knew about
that *you* didn't know about
>FTFY

>>63858891
>Scaruffi is right.
Put that at the beginning of your replies in the future, so I can assign them an appropriate level of action, such as not reading them.
>>
I really like LRD conceptually but I find that they're pretty a dull band. I'd much rather listen to The Goslings for super lo-fi drone stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY49Qt9JSBw
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.