[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
d-does /mu/ like jurass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Folder.jpg (185 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
185 KB, 800x800
d-does /mu/ like jurass
>>
go to rbt.asia/mu

search "jurassic 5"

read all the results

then you'll know what the general consensus is
>>
>>63849405
actually it ignores the 5 so you mostly just get posts about jurassic park or the jurassic era itself

but ok
>>
>>63849460
No you don't because this isn't the history board.
>>
File: j5.png (1 MB, 832x602) Image search: [Google]
j5.png
1 MB, 832x602
>>63849391
A lot of people hate on them for no reason. I love them. Both Quality Control and Power In Numbers are 10/10 albums, imo.

Pic-related is part of my J5 collection.
>>
>>63849580
They are just super chill and fun to listen to. Even people who aren't into hip hop don't mind when I put them on. Maybe that's the problem
>>
>>63849625
>Maybe that's the problem

I think that's actually it. They are not considered "hardcore" enough by some people.
>>
>>63849391
Proof that hip hop doesn't need curse words to be good.
>>
I like how basically all their songs are about how awesome they are at rapping

genuinely
>>
>>63851063
Why do people always have to speak about artists that they obviously even haven't listened to?
>>
>>63850887
Yep, because it's always shit.
>>
>>63849391
very much

I caught Chali 2na performing with some edm bullshit dj's at electric forest last year, was excellent. After the set I went up to him (while coming up on molly) and shook his hand and told him he was one of my favorite rappers. He was like "aw yeah respect!" and it was the start to a great night.
>>
>>63851257
Chali is a great dude but most of his solo work his been underwhelming, unfortunately.
>>
>>63851298
Agreed. However, my first exposure to him was via the Linkin Park Reanimation collab, the remix of "forgotten". Still one of the most compelling and underrated guest verses out there - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E8-iuTGc0Q
>>
>>63851337
I actually like a lot of things he did solo, before J5 broke up. Old stuff like this is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw0-rFy4OnU

But his solo album and EPs etc. after the break-up were rather disappointing.
>>
>>63851244
chill dude, I was exaggerating. but a lot of their songs are bout their emcee skills. and i do sincerely love it
>>
According to my last.fm account, I've listened to both Quality Control and Power In Numbers, but I can't remember anything about the albums except that What's Golden is a good track
>>
>>63851578

All's good, my man. Recently people keep shitting up the few threads I'm interested in.

I actually agree with
>but a lot of their songs are bout their emcee skills

But they do have deeper songs too.
>>
any similar modern groups? with that whole old school vibe, generally really upbeat, phat beats and great interplay between emcees
>>
>>63852599
If you are looking for more music with a similar vibe, check DJ Nu-Mark's material. The beats on his album with The Pharcyde's Slimkid3 (pic-related) could have been used for a J5 album as well. Also check out his Broken Sunlight LP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkX5nH0yDgw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KErLvd8QSc&list=PLilEH7JXJmPxvStv5I2q8WdaRXIxLVZk7&nohtml5=False
>>
>>63849391
This is actual hip hop so no, /mu/ doesn't like it. /mu/ only listens to hip pop like Kanye and Lil Wayne and whatever is climbing the charts atm. Great album though.
>>
>>63849391
Well, I like your ass.
>>
>>63853531
delete this
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.