[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/anco/ General STGSTV Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Stgstv.png (830 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Stgstv.png
830 KB, 600x600
I've listened to this album so many times and there's just something about it I can't fit my head around. What is the concept behind this album? I know it deals with childhood a lot but there's a certain dark element to it that I can't quite put my finger on. Explain pls.

Also do you think early AnCo would've been better if Deakin was theoretically part of it back then?
>>
You have to be 18 to post on 4chan
>>
>>63847079
He was though
>Campfire Songs
>Here Comes the Indian

Danse wouldnt have mattered cus thats heavy geo
And stgstv is pretty much a solo album
>>
He was on HctI which is fucking awesome
>>
>>63847112
Flitered
>>
>>63847079
death seems to be a factor. listen to la rapet and tell me its not about a little girl dying.

but really i think the focus of the album is on producing emotions not telling a specific story

as for Deak. nope.
>>
I'd recommend a strong Shrooms or Acid trip. It may sound stupid, but that helps to understand the whole allusion to "shining a light on the maze", at least for me
>>
No no please not an AnCo general come on mu this isn't what i need right now
>>
File: asdfjkl.jpg (16 KB, 288x274) Image search: [Google]
asdfjkl.jpg
16 KB, 288x274
>>63847530
then go to literally any other thread.
>>
>>63847079
also, in a real response, AnCo is Panda and Avey at the core. they are the Lennon-McCartney of the group, the heart and soul (if you want to be sentimental), and they really ARE the group. geologist was brought on later and even though the albums suffered, you got a sense of synergy that the other albums don't emit. don't get me wrong, i think Feels is elder god tier, but the addition of Deakin seems to be contingent on the fact that he's not always there. there have only been two albums sans Geo so far, almost like he's taken sabbaticals. but Deakin is just....the cousin who sometimes parties with the three brothers, two of which are more inseparable.

and yeah childhood is scary but what's even scarier is growing up. that's the album.
>>
>>63847480
Exactly. It's just hard for me to figure out how it fits together. Maybe it's not supposed to, but hey, nothing wrong with speculation.
>>
>>63847509
I have, didn't make it make any more sense.
Might just be like other anon said, it's just meant to produce emotion rather than tell a coherent story.
>>
>>63847079
I like to think of this album as an old german fairy tale or a twisted alice in wonderland type thing.
That's where the childhood feel and creepy come together.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.