[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHO THE F*@% is Frank Zappa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: Zappa.jpg (148 KB, 1112x848) Image search: [Google]
Zappa.jpg
148 KB, 1112x848
Alright richfags get the hell in here
The Zappa documentary only has 70 hours to go before it ends. Hitting 1 million $$ could be huge.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alexwinter/frank-zappa
>>
Should have done a doc on Beefheart instead
>>
implying there are any people with successful lives and careers (or inherited wealth) on this board
>>
File: 92414d2ccbe975e049634c084f0d6.jpg (263 KB, 2000x1339) Image search: [Google]
92414d2ccbe975e049634c084f0d6.jpg
263 KB, 2000x1339
>>63844460
Take what you can get m8
>>
File: Bill S. Preston, Esq..png (394 KB, 441x500) Image search: [Google]
Bill S. Preston, Esq..png
394 KB, 441x500
>>63844429

Started By Bill S. Preston, Esquire.
>>
Meh. Love Zappa, but I have no interest in it. These are mostly mythologising ordeals rather than interesting looks at the music. Which I understand 'cause they're made by fans, but I hate music mythologising.
>>
>>63844633
i fucking love mythologizing, documentaries are my shit
>>
>>63844786
It's honestly so fun to see your favorite artists from a perspective where they are legendary
>>
>>63844810
abso-fuckin'-lutely, i eat that shit right up
>>
>>63844818
I got way too excited when I saw Christian Vander in a Rock in Opposition documentary
It's just so fucking entertaining
>>
>>63844429
Fuck e-begging and fuck Frank Zappa.
>>
What ever happened to that moondog kickstarter where somebody recovered a few of his compositions?
>>
>>63844874
>fuck e-begging
yeah, fuck anything not funded by a major studio/multi-corporate conglomeration. if it ain't sponsored by Coke i ain't fuckin' interested!!!!!!!! #StandWithRand
>>
>>63844964
Ever hear of something called taking a financial risk, you tremendous faggot?
>>
>>63845036
>taking a financial risk
well, unless you're a multi-corporate conglomerate, there actually is a risk and it's called going fucking bankrupt and starving to death. plus, the vast majority of passionate "fans" do not have the leeway to simply seek funding from loans or a bank for a fucking documentary you spoiled goddamn retard
>>
>>63845036
haha you're an idiot my man
>>
>>63845104
glad someone else sees it
>>
Anyone with the money would already know everything about Zappa
>>
>>63845142
people with money (acquired through traditional means [i.e. not by being an artist themselves]) have terrible taste in art
>>
>>63845215
what the fuck are you on about? the wealthy have historically patronized the arts, and even today it is generally the wealthiest who have the luxury to explore the arts instead of working a physically exhausting and/or soul-crushing job then coming home to get drunk in front of their tv set to numb themselves for a few hours before starting again the next morning. the internet has certainly democratized our collective access to art but your claim was simply foolish.
>>
>>63845456
>today it is generally the wealthiest who have the luxury to explore the arts
and notice how the arts are doing? been to an art museum lately? it's fucking homogenized bullshit. the wealthy ruin art as they do literally everything else.
>>
>>63846094
art was theirs to ruin, though. the arts have always been the domain of the wealthy.
>>
>>63846565
wrong.
>>
>>63846706
alright, 'always' is a bit of a stretch, i guess 'past several hundred years' is more accurate.
>>
>>63846738
there is art of all sorts not owned by anyone. that being said, they actively play a role in what gets exposure. this causes it to be homogenized and pollutes the entire field. in spite of this, there always exists art outside of the main culture.
>>
my dad got drunk and pledged 10k, woke up with regret the next day

cancelled pledge

guy from Bill and Ted messaged him begging him to re pledge the 10k

kek
>>
>>63848526
pics or it didn't happen
>>
>>63848874
this
>>
>>63844460
Beefheart would be harder to sell on his own, but they'll obviously give him a great deal of mention in the Zappa doc.
>>
File: IMG_4797.png (239 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4797.png
239 KB, 750x1334
just took out some personal shit, you guys understand
>>
>>63848965
wew lad
>>
>>63848965
lol alright you delivered. not as dramatic as i had hoped, but the desperation in the 'was it cause i didn't call you last night????' is funny enough.
>>
>gail gave at least half a million dollars to democrats instead of spending it all on preserving her husband's legacy
#1 cunt
>>
>>63849206
at least she didn't give it to republicans
>>
>>63844921
thevikingof6thavenue com

This one?
>>
>>63844476
Why wouldn't it be true ?
>>
>>63849231
>>>/tumblr/
>>
Goes to show only poor ppl listen to frank zappa
>>
>caring about Zappa the hack

plebbit is thataway
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.