[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disturbed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 9
File: 1401x788-GettyImages-124181276.jpg (162 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
1401x788-GettyImages-124181276.jpg
162 KB, 1401x788
Pretty disturbing how nonexistent Led Zeppelin is on this board. Opinions please, even if they might be as irrelevant as this group on this board.
>>
Definitely better than Hendrix and Blue Cheer.

The tough question though is Led Zeppelin vs Black Sabbath. I still haven't made up my mind.
>>
>>63843063
Zeppelin was one of the greater groups. It has to do with the sound, the production. Page is tops for that. All this talk of their inauthenticity misses the point. They transfigured blues rock. Fuck!
>>
>Pretty disturbing how nonexistent Led Zeppelin is on this board.
what have they done for me lately

>The tough question though is Led Zeppelin vs Black Sabbath. I still haven't made up my mind.
well sabbath is still putting out albums this year and a fucking awesome one at that
>>
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 748x819) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 748x819
Time to post the same old screenshot
This wasn't me by the way, though I do agree with him I want to see you lot's opinions on this
>>
>>63843063
They're called Dadrock because they're music your dad listens to. It doesn't imply that they are bad, it just means that they're been discussed to death and it's really, really unlikely that anything new will arise out of discussion. It's like discussing the beatles, it's all already been said. Let it Go.
>>
>Disturbed
OOOHHHH WAHAHAHAH
>>
>>63843063
I like probably 10-15 Zeppelin songs, but I've never liked their full albums. Physical Graffiti is their best
>>
>>63844048
1. Yeah
2. This is not a criticism of the band
3. This is not a criticism of the band
4. This is not a criticism of the band

As for OP: They're alright. I'm not really a fan, but they're fun I guess. I've always find them a bit too sterile for my taste.
>>
>>63844033
Sabbath's first album still feels kind of original and still has impact now. Not that LZ1 doesn't, but it's miles behind.

Plus the fucking poem inside Black Sabbath's Self titled and how it transitions into the first track is chilling even to this day.
>>
>>63843063
A lot of people here like Led Zeppelin. Most people just don't care about them. Either way, they're not talked about on here because we don't want to attract lewronggenerationers and other reddit scum.
>>
>>63843200
Led Zeppelin is far superior to Sabbath
>>
>>63844138
have you heard their new ep? its fucking awesome but apparently I'm the minority opinion.
>>
>>63844048
I might believe that 1st point if i never listened their albums, but hey if that pic is a meme as you point out with how old it is. Than i guess it is a joke. Thanks anyway for the bump.
>>
Post some underrated Led tunes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftknR1gf9qw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMynorZmU0Y
>>
I never liked Led Zeppelin that much. They always appealed to the kids in school that don't like anything unless it's rock or pop.
>>
shitty plagiarists loved but autistic dadrocking teens
>>
>>63844284
Two out of 5 best songs on physical graffiti. So you're goddamn right they are underrated, god tier stuff.
>>
File: image.jpg (196 KB, 1940x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196 KB, 1940x1136
>YUH MAH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66gSvNeqevg
>>
>>63844524
Bait thread title paying off.
>>
>>63844284
10 years gone is my fav Zep tune, Page is riff god
>>
>>63844284
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM8urU11sHY
>>
>>63844284
They don't really have any underrated songs because they are so popular.

Maybe Carouselambra or Wearing and Tearing
>>
>>63844677
their late stuff doesn't get much appreciation, I think
>>
>>63844214
I don't know if you're the same guy I've seen like 4 times in the last few days or not.
>>
>>63843200
Sabbath is far superior to Led Zeppelin
>>
>>63844737
I assume so since I assume I'm the only person who thinks its awesome.
>>
File: 1457413305436.png (1 MB, 912x905) Image search: [Google]
1457413305436.png
1 MB, 912x905
>>63844759
>>
>>63844284
My nigga
>>
File: 1450593725878.jpg (31 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1450593725878.jpg
31 KB, 408x408
>>63844759
Ur a faget
>>
>>63844759
All Sabbath albums after Master of Reality are trash
>>
>>63843200
>better than Hendrix
wrong.
>>
>>63844891
SBS is pretty good. Heaven and Hell is too, although by that point Sabbath wasn't really Sabbath anymore.
>>
>>63844902
Hendrix could never match Page's talent

this is one of the best pieces of guitar work ever created and far more impressive than anything Hendrix ever did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w3emvHepgU
>>
>>63844048
first point isnt only true for some of their songs

plus i'd like to hear you write a song with all original licks and see how it turns out
>>
>>63844941
>this is one of the best pieces of guitar work ever created
>not posting this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npoYQMPCOvU
>>
>Sabbath
>abbath
>Abbath
Am I literally the last person to get this?
>>
>>63845107
how is that superior to TSRTS? probably more ground breaking at the time but not more musically impressive today
>>
>>63844950

nice I'd like to see Led Zep not having stolen their biggest hits from their opening bands

but they did
>>
>>63844211
0 replies
>>63844759
3 dismissive replies

just a little experiment i did.

for real idk how anyone could pick zep over BS: they invented metal out of nothing!

Zeppelin is really just a worse version of the who:
1. worse singer by far
2. worse drummer (debatable, but moon was more innovative and energetic)
3. worse bassist by far
4. obviously page had better solos, but as a songwriter and a performer he gets blown out of the water
5. invented the rock opera vs. got rich literally plagiarizing blues artists
6. the who started several years earlier and was a huge influence to zep
>>
>>63844941
lol hendrix was a walking musical orgasm
page was obviously excellent, but its kinda
kinda like comparing really far to infinity
>>
>>63845351
>3 dismissive replies
>just a little experiment i did.

>everyone always posts 'I agree' when they agree with a post

you don't even have half a brain do you?

>>63845459
no, page was better plain and simple
>>
>>63845459
Hendrix was mindless wank. His best material was watered down blues. How is this impressive? Hendrix homers wouldn't know a good guitar player if it hit them in the nuts. This is the musical equivalent of shoving a pencil up your ass.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t4qXH_YaBs
>>
>>63845351
oh wow did you guys see this b8?

you are a commlete musical ignoramus.
i love keith moon but he had like one phrase up his sleeve
just embrace bonham as your saviour already
and i love the who - and i might even trade the whole zep discog for a handful of who songs - but they dont really compare, even as song writers or musicians.
an entwhistle/jones battle might break the earth tho.
>>
>>63845528
really? a clip from some vh1 tier doc?
i've got more live hendrix than your dick is short, ok? ive got the complete session for voodoo child (yes flac fuck you)
call me when my dust clears if im even visible on the horizon ok fagot?
>>
>>63845530
bonham is boring as fuck compared to moon. to me it's not even close. "ooh wow look at me i can kick one bass pedal wicked fast." i have admitted it's debatable though if you like jb's style more i have no real argument for you.

to say they "don't compare" is the height of absurdity. they're extremely similar bands: contemporaries, similar influences and playing styles. if you simply mean "zeppelin is way better" alright that's your opinion m7 but then say that don't say they "don't compare."

jones had some sick lines and he's actually my favorite part of the band by far, but in terms of raw technical ability he can't hold a candle.

"ignoramus." what's your evidence for that? all you've done is spout your personal opinions without any supporting arguments
>>
>>63844048
well number one is right on the button for me but the rest discarded opinions
>>
>>63844941
This is inaccurate, you should be comparing Hendrix and Page's material from when they were both alive during the 60s, since, y'know, they were both alive and had equal time to progress.
>>
>>63843063
I'm much more of a fun of they're later stuff. Houses of the Holy and The album with Achilles Last Stand.
>>
>>63845685
guy: "keith moon has one lick"
thats is a musical fucking fact.
you can find pete townsend joking about it in docs
not that i need to cuz im a fucking drummer.
gets some ears
go back to high school.
you clearly are an ignoramus about music and musicianship
>>
>>63844048
its just dumb
great music is like/about sex: anyone who can moan and shout yeahj baby yeah baby 50x+ in a song knows whats up.
under 50 and you've never had good sex and dont know what life/rock music is about.
>>
>>63845756
that's retarded since jimi was 2 years older than jimmy. at the same age as when hendrix died page had already released led zeppelin I - IV and had many years experienced as a studio producer and session musician playing on hundreds, if not thousands of recordings.
>>
>>63845530
>>63845685
I may have misunderstood your post. How is it consistent to say: "I might even trade the whole zep discog for a handful of who songs", which i take to mean you think there are who songs that are much better than any zep songs, while in the same sentence saying "but they dont really compare, even as song writers or musicians" which because of the contrasting conjunction I take to mean the who are far worse collectively at songwriting and playing music. I don't really see how you can have both.

>>63845774
watch out folks we got ourselves a drummer in the house lol :^). Keith Moon is sick and if you don't realize that you're probably a really shitty drummer.

A common criticism of him I've heard is that he lacked the proficiency to play the same thing twice in a row because he was so all over the place. Listen to different live versions of the same who song and you will hear this in action. He doesn't have only one lick. In one sense he has zero because he's always doing shit differently. To me that makes him much more interesting to listen to than a straight shooter like bonham.
>>
>>63845869
so what? does playing as a session musician really give you ammo for a "greatest ever guitarist" debate? who fucking cares how many recordings he's on?
>>
>>63845869
Yet the song that Hendrix's perceived lack of achievement is being compared to isn't off any of the albums you just listed.
>>
>>63845898
dude, you can keep the 'criticism you've heard'
he's got ONE LICK and energy to envy

you can have both because what a song might mean or do for me is not dependent on criteria such as musicianship or songcraft. Pete made some deep shit for me; zepplin made amazing music. its just two different planes. plant sang some lyrics / pete put his heart into words. they dont compare to me.
>>
>>63845936
cuz he was infinitely slick and got booked a fucking lot for work before he decided to break the universe
>>
>>63845983
"different planes" jesus man what the hell's the point of this board if we can't say "this band is better than that one"?

please describe in detail what keith's one lick is (you're a drummer, should be easy).
>>
>I only listen to TRUE rock music: Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Rolling Stones, the list goes on...
>>
>>63845936
>you should be comparing Hendrix and Page's material from when they were both alive during the 60s

fuck you're retarded man

>>63845959
were only 60s recordings mentioned before? no. then what is the problem? it was just one specific example I picked

fucking typical fickle /mu/cunts
>>
what the fuck is there left to talk about
>>
>>63846090
Black Sabbath is metal
>>
I don't like this thread. Too violent for me.
>>
>>63846119
"Heavy metal (or simply metal) is a genre of rock music"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_metal_music
>>
>>63846145
Robert is known to give out violent orgasms with his guitar
>>
>>63846092
1. You're talking to two different anons.

2. Hendrix may have been the older human but Page was actually the first to pick up an instrument, so your point about Hendrix being older is moot.

3. 60s music (and music from 1970s) should've been mentioned if you wanted an accurate comparison. [spoiler]There's a reason I didn't call this guy out. >>63845107 [/spoiler]
>>
>>63846092
1) I didn't post the post you quoted, friendo.
2) The post I did post is still totally relevant: if we compare their material from the 60s and on one side you have "well he was in a SHITLOAD of recordings" and on the other you have "he took the world by storm single-handedly completely changing the way guitar is played, listened to, and thought of as an instrument like nobody ever has since"

At the risk of repeating myself: if you have to include "session musician" work to make a case for who's the greatest ever guitarist you're making a shit case.
>>
>>63846056
yes: different planes. youre the cat with the flawed world view. fuck, some of the best blues is some busted voice croaking over rubber bands on a match box. and its amazing. what it excels at will never be what zepplin excels at. not comparable; different planes.
jesus man what the hell; your problem not mine.

keiths one lick is driving eights on the bass ending with a flam-my fill. i love him he gets me hard, but bonhams better. dont worry: bonham had flaws - he cant swing for shit.
>>
>>63846167
1970s was meant to be 1970.
>>
>>63846157
That's not TRUE rock music though
>>
>Led Zeppelin

lmao are u guys in middle school or what?
>>
>>63846174
aight then we're at a stalemate if no claim whatsoever can be made about which of two very similar bands was better. it is precisely your problem though if you're on a music discussion board and you think music is impossible to discuss.

is a flammy fiill like the one at the beginning of the punk and the godfather? I have never heard the term before tbqh. regardless, pretty sure he has a few more tricks up his sleeve even within a single song (listen to amazing journey for example).
>>
>>63846304
shit I meant i've had enough not the punk and the godfather
>>
>>63844524
I could never put my finger on exactly why I fucking hate Disturbed so much 'til I saw this. Exposes just how terrible they are as songwriters.
>>
You guys know that everything Robert Johnson recorded was stolen too, right?
>>
>>63844138
Black Sabbath pioneered metal, their first album was revolutionary at the time. It's commonly regarded as one of the greatest albums ever.

Led Zeppelin 1 pioneered heavy blues, their sound was unheard at the time and lead way for the heavy rock sound associated with the 70's. The album is also regarded as one of the greatest albums ever.

They are both as important as each other in that aspect and both dramatically shaped the industry at the time. The only difference is the ability.

Black Sabbath is a heavy, simple sound. The songs were masterly written and were completely different for the time. Tony Ionni was revolutionary for his style of heavy powercord playing, while not being overly technical.

Led Zeppelin in retrospect are all highly acclaimed musicians, regarded as some of the best of the time. Bonham revolutionised how drums shape the songs, in the opposite way to Ringo Star. Jimmy page basically is the reason we have lead guitarists, he paved the way for alot of different aspects in guitarists, through his extremely extensive career.

There's the real answer, they are opposing sides of the same heavy playing style essentially, both creating two genres in the process. They are incomparable other than black Sabbath being more defining in paving the way for an entirely new music genre.
>>
>>63846304
your parameters for discussion are lame.
i've had a discussion about possible planes for determining the qualities of musical potential.
thats not a bad conversation to have, now that i think about it. score cards about whats better dont really give me a chubber. do you like john the revelator? jack white or blind willie or tom waits? why is a better question than whos better.
we're just not compatible dance partners, m8.
i still love you tho.
>>
>>63846167
so if a three year old picks up guitar for 5 years and and a 15 year old picks up guitar for 5 years they should be compared equally?

>>63846171
quantity is a quality all on its own. regardless if you compare their work up to age of 27, Page is more impressive. far more diverse, and in Led Zeppelin, of a far more consistent quality.
>>
What the fuck is there to talk about? This band has been discussed to death for 40 years.
>>
>>63846393
>quantity is a quality all on its own
You seem to be the only one arguing this.
>>
>>63846304
AND
they're not really similar
zep is super-capable musicians mining sources
pete is an art school brat on a journey with some capable peers.
truly very different.
>>
"Achilles Last Stand" has the greatest guitar solo of all time.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0bv_PTazDc
>>
The doors > The Who >=~ hendrix > (hardrock) Jethro tull > Rush > led zeppememe
>>
>>63846442
cannot be compred:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvCNvu-Y5-4

love this fucking record
>>
File: 1326961811078.jpg (51 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1326961811078.jpg
51 KB, 300x300
>>63846454
Good old /mu/
>>
>>63846374
big difference between a blues artist playing a bunch of blues standards and a pop band passing off original blues songs as their own.

also you have committed the tu quoque fallacy by implying that the fact that other artists have stolen makes the fact that zep as a totally invalid criticism.

>>63846393
"quantity is a quality all on its own" holy shit dude that is an amazing statement "page is better than jimi hendrix because he did a bunch of session guitarist work and jimi didn't"

>>63846392
here's a curveball for ya.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP2VDYPUNBs

>>63846454
i agree with this except i wouldn't restrict jethro to just hard rock
>>
>>63846413
no, don't say stupid things.

let's also not forget led zeppelin I has some of the most impressive and infleuntial lead guitar of all time

>>63846454
jesus that is a terrible opinion

Zeppelin > hendrix > the who > jethro tull > the doors > rush
>>
>>63846454
the Who > Hendrix > Rush > Zepp > Jethro
>>
>>63846474
>"quantity is a quality all on its own" holy shit dude that is an amazing statement "page is better than jimi hendrix because he did a bunch of session guitarist work and jimi didn't"

that's some impressive mental gymnastics you've done there
>>
>>63846474
>big difference between a blues artist playing a bunch of blues standards and a pop band passing off original blues songs as their own.
Willie Dixon did exactly what you described though. The vast majority of songs to his name were recorded by artists in the 20s, 30s and 40s, before he stepped into a studio.
>>
>>63846476
Doors second dude, they were revolutionary, songwriting, musicianship and album quality is top-tier
>>
>>63846484
oops I'd put the Doors right after Rush before Zeppelin
>>
>>63846499
So I guess by your standards Buckethead is a better musician than everyone else mentioned itt?
>>63846509
I should rephrase this a bit. Willie Dixon had dozens of songs that were obviously standards copyrighted to his name.
>>
>>63846512
they were good but pretty overrated. no way in hell were they better than The Who

>>63846526
>So I guess by your standards Buckethead is a better musician than everyone else mentioned itt?
keep up those mental gymnastics. you can win gold at the olympics soon
>>
more white apprpriation: http://pitchfork.com/news/64613-sarah-palin-threatens-to-sue-azealia-banks-over-graphic-tweets/
>>
The Mahavishnu Orchestra > Jethro Tull > Brand X > Guthrie Govan > Led Zep > Charles Mingus = Ministry > Mr. Bungle > The Doors > clipping. = Death Grips > The Who > Rush >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Azealia Banks = Sarah Palin
>>
>>63846554
pretty close, but bungle?
and the whole thing is inverted.
god i wanna see that palin train a-comin
>>
>>63846537
I'm not playing mental gymnastics at all, I'm using one of your (and apparently only yours, no one else in this thread is agreeing with you and we've already made it clear there's two people arguing with you (in fact me and the other anon seem to be having our own argument right now)) standards for judging quality via quantity. Buckethead has a solo discography of 283 albums alone. That outmatches everything Page did with the Yardbirds, Led Zeppelin and his solo work combined.
>>
>>63846575
Sarah Palin needs to have her hair shaved off to a buzz cut, get headfucked by a big veiny, ashy, black dick then be locked in a cupboard. ... Hideous. At least suk a nigga dick or summ' before you start talking shit about 'black people willingly accepting slavery.' Least she can do. ... Honestly... Let's find the biggest burliest blackest negroes and let them run a train on her. Film it and put it on Worldstar.
>>
File: laffer.jpg (846 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
laffer.jpg
846 KB, 1600x1200
>>63846593
hilarious. should be its own thread, really.
>>
>>63846626
weve got all week, bb
>>
>>63846436

Even though it's short, Whole Lotta Love's solo is perfect in every way.
>>
>>63846580
you are doing mental gymnastics. just because I said it's a quality doesn't mean it's a defining factor. fuck you are a retard
>>
>>63844759
Sabbat is far superior to Sabbath

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGJRl-dMa9Y
>>
>>63846689
If it's not a defining factor it's not worth bringing up. You've done absolutely nothing to prove to me (or the other anon apparently) that quantity has anything to do with quality.
>>
>quantity determines quality
>brings up point to prove otherwise
>oh fuck off, whenever im wrong youre just doing mental gymnastics
>>
>>63846689
wow you've said the word retard so many times, go back to /v/ or wherever it is you people come from.

you seem to be backtracking a bit because i see the dialectic working like this:
u - page is better look at this song
som1 - that song came after hendrix died doesn't count
u - oh yeah well page is on THOUSANDS OF RECORDINGS
me + some1- literally who would ever care about that
u - it matters a lot actually
some1 - so buckethead is great, right?
u - well it's not like make or break
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGR3m5Zs9Ic
>>
Awesome band. Lyricism had its ups and downs, kind of overrated, even their best albums had several forgettable tracks, but good.
>>
>>63846717
>If it's not a defining factor it's not worth bringing up
what a retarded thing to say. you are literally just arguing with yourself

>>63846789
>/v/
>making a story up about stuff I never even said
>>
>>63846465
A: its live
B: its like technically perfect
C: grooves hard as fuck
D: super inventive interations and combos of song form
E: god tier muscianship and invention
>>
>>63846862
You're the one who brought it up in the first place. So is quantity a defining quality in music or not? If not why'd you mention it?
>>
only the plebbiest
>>
>>63846884
depends.
are we talking like Stockhausen masses of notes?
then perhaps its got potential.
>>
>>63846714
This sounds like a speed metal band. It would be more appropriate to compare them to Venom.
>>
>>63846884
>being this fickle
please kill yourself right now
>>
>>63846862
>uses the word retarded yet again
it's kind of sad i think. there are other adjectives you know.

>>stuff I never even said
nope. obviously those weren't direct quotes but because you didn't bother to specifically show how i misrepresented your view i'm gonna say that what i wrote is a fairly accurate description of how this thread has gone so far wrt you. also i'm going to bed now so don't feel compelled to reply
>>
>>63846929
>tickling your anus
please come over
>>
>>63846948
>fickling your anus
I'm a huge faggot please fuck my face
>>
>2010 /mu/
>no Led Zeppelin

>2016 /mu/
>dadrock threads everywhere

Reddit HAS ruined this board.
>>
>>63847002
>not liking a band because it's popular
>>Reddit
>>
>>63847002
In 2012 there were daily Beatles vs Beach Boys threads, Beatles vs Zappa, etc
>>
>>63847018
I don't like Led Zeppelin because that's the music you listen to just as you're beginning to discover music.

You need to get through your Dadrock stage before you come to /mu/. Its better for everyone that way.
>>
>>63847044
>that's the music you listen to just as you're beginning to discover music
who the fuck are you
>>
This thread is a disgrace

/mu/ needs a purge
>>
>>63847044
I have over 4k rym ratings and still listen to led zeppelin sometimes
>>
>>63847044
People like are why this board is shit.

You sound like a feminist. Massively ignorant and resort to insults anytime your proven wrong, which is Alot.
>>
>>63847002
>dadrock threads everywhere
now that's a hyperbole. what's the problem with having two or three of these threads in the catalogue? /mu/ has way worse stuff going on
>>
>>63847044
>I don't like Led Zeppelin because that's the music you listen to just as you're beginning to discover music.
you're just memeing aren't you?
>>
>>63847065
>rock bad

sure does, starting with you
>>
>>63844073
UTT UTT

UTT UTT
>>
>>63845351
>1. worse singer by far
>2. worse drummer (debatable, but moon was more innovative and energetic)
>3. worse bassist by far
Literally all wrong. No one could play like Bonham. Saying that Keith moon is better is just contrarian. And John Entwistle is probably the most overrated bassist ever. JPJ had the whole package (groove, GREAT sound, inventive lines and of course very adaptable). JPJ made some of the best bass lines ever and all John Entiwstle does is playing behind a band. Not that it's bad it's just that JPJ did much more. JPJ was just the heart and basis of a band, While John Entwistle did pretty much nothing worthy except that solo in My Generation.

As for Robert Plant. All you have to do is listen to this song and if you're not deaf you'll realize how great of a singer he was. Overall this song is a great example of how much better Zeppelin were on their instruments (You CANNOT tell me Keith Moon could play like that). The Who could never make something this powerful, and they defintiely tried.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfxL8K6wR2I
>>
>>63847044
found the 16 year old
>>
To the guy saying Led Zeppelin are better than The Who, you're wrong.

Led Zeppelin ripped off a load of black music. The Who invented a whole subculture essentially (Mods).

But you're American so I doubt you'd understand.

And before you say it: technical proficiency =! good musicianship.
>>
>>63847432
How do people still get it wrong?

Led Zeppelin only stole some riffs and lyrics. And that's only in their first 2 albums. But they didn't steal song structures or just the production. And those, aside from their amazing musicianship is what made Zeppelin so good.

You can compare what Zeppelin did to sampling. Taking parts of a song and changing it to something original. The only wrong thing they did about that was that they didn't give any credit and pretended like they wrote it.
>>
>>63845351
>Worst singer
Plant has one of the best natural voices of the time, but he ruined it with his laziness and terrible live performances. Their studio versions for the most part is some of the best singing in the genre.
>Worst drummer
You understand John Bonham is arguably the best rock drummer ever? His style was revolutionary, he basically invented heavy drumming, which eventuated to metal drumming eventually.
>Page
He's famous for his complex riffs and excellent song writing... He wrote most of led Zeppelin's songs you dumbass.
>Rock opera.
This is just retarded.
>influence
Irrelevant, every musician is influenced by others. Jimmy page has also been paving the industry since the early 60's, so who's older is irrelevant as well, seeing lz is basically the Jimmy page experience, with really fucking good backup members.

Man you need to do some research. I'm not down talking the who, but to led Zeppelin were equally as influential and important to the industry.
>>
>>63843063
mediocre as fuck
>>63846454
swap The Who with Rush
>>
>>63847086
>You sound like a feminist. Massively ignorant and resort to insults anytime your proven wrong, which is Alot.

You sound like you're pitching a straw man.
>>
>>63850319
see
>>63847086
>>
Now by popular demand! A list of some of the songs Zep stole from other artists:
"Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" - A folk song by Anne Bredon, this was originally credited as "traditional, arranged by Jimmy Page," then "words and music by Jimmy Page," and then, following legal action, "Bredon/Page/Plant."
"Black Mountain Side" - uncredited version of a traditional folk tune previously recorded by Bert Jansch.
"Bring It On Home" - the first section is an uncredited cover of the Willie Dixon tune (as performed by the imposter Sonny Boy Williamson).
"Communication Breakdown" - apparently derived from Eddie Cochran's "Nervous Breakdown."
"Custard Pie" - uncredited cover of Bukka White's "Shake 'Em On Down," with lyrics from Sleepy John Estes's "Drop Down Daddy."
"Dazed And Confused" - uncredited cover of the Jake Holmes song (see The Above Ground Sound Of Jake Holmes).
"Hats Off To (Roy) Harper" - uncredited version of Bukka White's "Shake 'Em On Down."
"How Many More Times" - Part one is an uncredited cover of the Howlin' Wolf song (available on numerous compilations). Part two is an uncredited cover of Albert King's "The Hunter."
"In My Time Of Dying" - uncredited cover of the traditional song (as heard on Bob Dylan's debut).
"The Lemon Song" - uncredited cover of Howlin' Wolf's "Killing Floor" - Wolf's publisher sued Zeppelin in the early 70s and settled out of court.
"Moby Dick" - written and first recorded by Sleepy John Estes under the title "The Girl I Love," and later covered by Bobby Parker.
"Nobody's Fault But Mine" - uncredited cover of the Blind Willie Johnson blues.
"Since I've Been Lovin' You" - lyrics are the same as Moby Grape's "Never," though the music isn't similar.
"Stairway To Heaven" - the main guitar line is apparently from "Taurus" by Spirit.
"White Summer" - uncredited cover of Davey Graham's "She Moved Through The Fair."
"Whole Lotta Love" - lyrics are from the Willie Dixon blues "You Need Love."
>>
>>63851082
Congratulations, you're a retard shill sprouting for someone else's agenda! I will uncover the truth of this, music only because who gives a fuck about lyrics.

>"Babe I'm Gonna Leave You"
Zeppelin did nothing wrong here, they covered Joan Baez' version which had no writing credit at all so it was credited as Traditional. Unbeknownst to them it was actually written by Anne Bredon. Hint: the internet wasn't around in 1968

>"Black Mountain Side"
Uncredited and should have been credited to Jansch. No issue with this claim.

>"Bring It On Home"
The intro section was intended as a tribute rather than trying to pass it off as their own work, given that it was almost the same as the original. However it should have been credited.

>"Communication Breakdown"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skx5qP65r2g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoqQnR8NOVI
There is similarity, probably an influence but there's no way you credit it to Cochran. Music doesn't exist in a vacuum.

>"Custard Pie"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t59S92GpTc&nohtml5=False
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyI7QAnaVQQ
I'm really not sure where Custard Pie comes from that. It's quite ludicrous really and shows the true intentions of the people who come up with this drivel.

>"Dazed And Confused"
Probably the worst of the claims, no issue with this either. Obviously taken from Holmes.

>"Hats Off To (Roy) Harper"
So now we have Custard Pie and Hats Off To (Roy) Harper, two imaginably different songs from one blues song (Shake 'Em On Down linked above) that sounds nothing like either. Ridiculous.

>"In My Time Of Dying"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77lTCWRTy8g&nohtml5=False
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZgblTKscX0
This is Bob Dylan's version. Obviously it sounds exactly like Led Zeppelin's version!! More importantly he also credited it to traditional but of course only Zeppelin stole it!!

1/2
>>
Nah, but t b h, led zeopelin is shit

2/2
>>
>>63851082
>>63851553
2/2
>"The Lemon Song"
A slowed down version of Killing Floor definitely. No issue here.

>"Moby Dick"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4EyM5r1iRI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRJ9_yHiNmg
Moby Dick right here folks. Such absolute drivel.

>"Nobody's Fault But Mine"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_o4omd8T5c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6nCdlyuJ6g
Once again we see how much the Led Zeppelin "version" sounded exactly nothing like the "original".

>"Stairway To Heaven"
A similar chord progression for the opening lick, such plagiarism!!

>"White Summer"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYABfZ7HMhM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb_bTymOAyk
This one really does sound like Jimmy's version, almost identical. No issue with this claim.

So there we have it, precisely 4 Led Zeppelin songs (2 of which were instrumental guitar pieces) were genuine rip offs out of 100+.
>>
>>63847493
>Led Zeppelin only stole some riffs and lyrics. And that's only in their first 2 albums. But they didn't steal song structures or just the production. And those, aside from their amazing musicianship is what made Zeppelin so good.
>StH
>>
>>63847493
>The only wrong thing they did about that was that they didn't give any credit and pretended like they wrote it.
That's called plagiarism fucktard.
>>
>>63844856
>>63844886
>>63844891
>>63843200

sabbath is the better band period
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO6DScCVYH0&nohtml5=False
>>
>>63851898
>>63851949
see
>>63851553
>>63851571

>>63852160
no they're not in any way. who the fuck is that cunt and why would I waste my time on his opinion
>>
>>63843063
most hard rock aged horribly
after 40 years people begin to realise that it was just another pop fad
>>
File: 1458286734860.jpg (158 KB, 572x847) Image search: [Google]
1458286734860.jpg
158 KB, 572x847
>>63852292
>>
>>63844891
>Vol. 4, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Sabotage, Heaven and Hell trash
opinion discarded
>>
To me, Led Zeppelin is like Tool. I've already listened to all their stuff and milked it for what its worth. I have no reason to go back to it anymore and they are no longer relevant. Give me a few more years and maybe i will start listening to them again.

Led Zeppelins works that I liked best were Led Zeppelin 1, Physical Graffiti, Houses of the Holy, and Led Zeppelin 2. Achilles last stand is a really cool song too.
>>
>>63852438
Pretty much me as well. Listened the shit out of them for a while when I was like 17 and now its just boring for me. Only album I can still get really into is Houses of the Holy.
>>
File: 1453912061715.jpg (32 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1453912061715.jpg
32 KB, 500x375
when plebs like rock music near me
>>
>>63852391
Mob Rules is pretty good too.

The Zeppelin Defense Force is strong itt
>>
easily the best band ever, I listen to them everyday. The best music never gets old
>>
Their "bluesy stuff" is charmless, overuse of blues scales.
Thei "folky" stuff is too obvious and predictable.
Their harder stuff is too predictable too, nothing very interesting to me.
Of course this is my opinion after trying to distance myself from the "lewronggenerationXD" I was a lot ago, as far as possible.
>>
>>63845351
JPJ is the best part of the band what are you on about m8
>>
top 3 three best bands ever, all members are GOAT
>>
>>63845774
Have you ever listened to a Who live album? Keith did some insane shit. Far from a one trick pony.
>>
>>63844891
are you retarded ? Vol 4 is amazing
Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.