[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Post genres you think are too same sounding ( all artists,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
ITT: Post genres you think are too same sounding ( all artists, songs ) and people post suggestions to help change your mind.
> post rock
> dreampop
>>
>>63822927
For post rock listen GY!BE
For dream pop listen to Beach House

>Rap
>Hip Hop
>>
rock, metal and punk

other than the speed they strum
>>
>>63823030
>OP asks for non typical bands of a certain genre
>replies with the two most typical bands of the two genres

Neck yourself
>>
>>63823102
Learn to read dumbass.
>>
>>63823102
If he knows who they are then why would he think post rock and dreampop sound the same?
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 450x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 450x319
>>63823102
>neck yourself
>>
>>63822927
>post rock
what? Usually that "genre" is noted for the artists having next to nothing in common
>>
>>63823030
this is b8
>>
>>63822927
You realize that Post-rock is generally considered to be one of the loosest defined genres in rock music right?
>>
>>63823102
this guy knows whats up
>>
>>63823030
clipping - CLPPNG
Death Grips - No Love Deep Web
Madvillain - Madvillainy
>>
>>63823375
But OP never asked for non typical bands of a certain genre
>>
>>63823241
KEK he's not comparing the genres he's posting specific genres that all sound like themselves
>>
>>63823419
Which is rap and which is hip hop?
>>
>>63822927
any post-rock album made before the turn of the millennium, really

midwest emo
melodic metalcore
deathcore
disco
electroclash
>>
>>63822927
death core
djent
>>
>>63823783
>Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun
>Slint - Spiderland

you can't tell me these are similar in any way
>>
>>63823612
>rap
clipping
>hip
DG
>hop
madvillain
>>
>kpop
>country
>>
>>63824818
no, i meant to say that as a suggestion to op

>>63824758
>djent
uneven structure
cloudkicker

>>63825411
dunno any specifics but country developed a lot of sub-genres over the span of about a century I'm sure you'll find something quick
https://rateyourmusic.com/genre/country
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.