[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Joy Division
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Are they a meme? Are they good?
Do you prefer Unknown Pleasures or Closer?
Do you wish 14 year old girls would stop idolising UP?
Do you prefer New Order or Joy Division?
>>
one of the most seminal bands of all time
>>
New Order is far and away much better.
>>
File: IanCurtis2.jpg (20 KB, 320x433) Image search: [Google]
IanCurtis2.jpg
20 KB, 320x433
>>63814825
>Are they a meme? Are they good?
Anything is a meme. And I think they are good.
>Do you prefer Unknown Pleasures or Closer?
Closer, but both are great.
>Do you wish 14 year old girls would stop idolising UP?
I have never actually met one of these 14 year old girls, so I can't really say. I have seen a few people wearing the Unknown Pleasures shirt, and I don't really care what other people do
>Do you prefer New Order or Joy Division?
That's a tough choice. Sonically, I think New Order were more varied and possibly better than Joy Division. However, New Order's lyrics and vocals are not as good as Ian's.
>>
>>63814825

I've honestly never seen them be used as a meme, my friend introduced me to them when he was talking about how they started the electronic drum sound on acoustic drums and I don't really think they were talented at all, not professionals in any way but still very enjoyable
Unknown Pleasures
Yes, and I want to stop seeing those fucking sonar tattoos
Joy Division by far, Brandon Sumner doesn't know how to sing and they made ''Love Will Tear us Apart'' sound like a fucking christmas song.
>>
>>63814825
I just started getting into their shit. They're really good, but as mentioned before; Anything is a meme.
UP t b h f a m a l a m
I've only met the people who wear the shirts like they actually know where it's from, pretty annoying.
Joy Division senpai
>>
>>63814825
>Are they a meme?
Yes.

>Are they good?
Yes.

UP. Closer is a good album but really has no reason to exist

Do 14 year old girls really listen to this? I've never met anyone who listens to anything more than radio music in real life

>Do you prefer New Order of Joy Division?
Joy Division, really not close.
>>
>>63814971
>Brandon Sumner
>>
>>63815081
I always get confused with his name and I used to write it as ''Bernard summers'' too, fuck.
>>
>>63815120
it's okay senpai
you're amongst friends
>>
File: 1449947821712.gif (672 KB, 250x232) Image search: [Google]
1449947821712.gif
672 KB, 250x232
>>63814825
A good meme.
Closer but UP is better.
They don't idolize the album, they just idolize the album art. It isn't like a 14 year old can fully appreciate Joy Division anyways.
No preference.
>>
good basslines.

that's literally it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.