[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this album so underrated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 2014_Forest_Hills_Drive.jpg (52 KB, 594x360) Image search: [Google]
2014_Forest_Hills_Drive.jpg
52 KB, 594x360
Why is this album so underrated?
>>
>>63813153
fuck off krump
>>
because lyrical rap isnt popular anymore
>>
>>63813153

Because everyone is busy listening to the greatest artist of our generation: Young Thug.
>>
because jcole is a shitty lyricist
>>
>>63813153
Where I am it's overrated (in my opinion)

J. Cole just doesn't really do it for me
>>
Try-hard feels rap with okay production and shit lyrics. Safest rap album of the year.

>"I miss my childhood, fame sucks"
>"Brown people shouldn't only be famous for music and sports"
>>
>>63813153
J. Cole is a fucking hack.

Hopsin and immortal technique tier, try-hard trash.
>>
>>63814072

Two seconds apart, wow anon well done
>>
On /mu/? they'll answer you.

In real life it went platinum.
>>
>>63814071
>>63814072
>>63813978

Can you recommend me good lyricists?
>>
I'm gonna get shit on for saying this, but Childish Gambino is a great lyricist. His wordplay flows so perfectly, and his energetic delivery just sells it.

MC Ride is a fucking fantastic lyricist, Up My Sleeves has some of his best and most decipherable lyricism.

Also, Joji's projects (Pink Guy and Pinkomega) all possess a lot of power, lyrically. Yeah, he writes about making food and shoving things up his ass and how he fucks animals, but his wordplay, flow, and delivery are pretty underrated, in the same way as Gambino.
>>
>>63814356
mf doom
royce da 59
joey bada$$
>>
Because its shit frat rap
>>
>>63813697
literally what the fuck are you talking about. kendrick and j cole are two of the biggest rap artists out right now, lyrical rap is huge
>>
it went platinum?? if you mean on mu it's because this is a pretty safe album (though imo it's the most enjoyable of all of his work)
>>
>>63815162
cole is a lot of things but he isn't fucking frat rap.

frat rap is more hoodie allen, g eazy, old mac miller
>>
>>63813697
>lyrical rap

lol doesn't it have to have lyrics to be rap
if you mean conscious hip hop, j cole really isn't conscious hip hop
a lot of stuff that tries hard to be conscious ends up sounding really preachy unless you really agree with the messages and enjoy the artist's personality
>>
It's not and it's fucking horrible. J Cole is irredeemable garbage, completely without worth
>>
File: 1412372947444.jpg (16 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1412372947444.jpg
16 KB, 540x540
>>63813153
>falling for bait of this quality
>>
It was fun listening to it the first time but then I tried listening to it again all the way through and found it boring af. The only song with high replay value is A tale of 2 cities, everything else is Hopsin level type shit. Like ya boy Big Quint said, J. Cole is like watered down chocolate milk
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.