[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Volume
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: desk-pop.jpg (7 KB, 320x212) Image search: [Google]
desk-pop.jpg
7 KB, 320x212
Music sounds better louder. Is this even debatable?
>>
>>63812701
Depends on the genre
>>
>>63812701
Depends on the artist
>>
>>63812701
Depends on the speakers
>>
>>63812701
the idea of blasting ambient music into my ears is questionable
>>
>>63812701
whats worse a shit, or a shit on your face? its still a piece of shit either way just its more inconvenient on your face.
>>
>>63812701
Music sounds worse when you pop your ear drums and slowly deteriorate your auditory senses.
>>
yes, obviously. unless it's so loud it hurts your ears
>>
Yes, for genres like shoegaze, chiptune, pop, and most metal and rock.
No, for genres like ambient, folk, """experimental""", and post-rock/metal.
All other genres are relatively varying, but as a general rule I would say no. I almost never turn my speakers/headphones higher than 50%.
>>
>>63813715
The louder you play shoegaze and music with thick layers of sound, the more textures it brings out. Sometimes, only one click on the volume button can make a massive difference if I'm listening to, say, Deftones or MBV. It brings out a whole new layer of textures, and it makes the music warmer to hear it louder.
>>
>>63813715
>"""experimental"""

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>63814517
I meant anything that's labeled as "experimental". Sure, there were many great experimental albums in the past, but I feel that the term gets tossed around way too much these days. John Cage was a great experimental composer and musician. The Residents were an experimental music group with an absolutely unique sound that had never been heard before. Coil could be considered experimental for introducing a dark-industrial sound that had scarcely been heard before them. I hesitate to call vaporwave artists experimental, since the idea of chopped-and-screwed and aesthetic music had already existed prior to the genre's creation.
In a nutshell, I define "experimental music" as someone doing something that has never been done before.
>>
>>63813497
>not learning sign language because your hearing is already starting to go because of listening to loud as fuck music
Come on man
>>
>>63815454
Isn't that the definition of avant-garde though? Something literally at the forefront of music?
>>
File: 1315615342002.jpg (175 KB, 720x692) Image search: [Google]
1315615342002.jpg
175 KB, 720x692
I actually know this person
>>
>>63816769
ups, wrong thread
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.