[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's with the hype around this album I mean it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Slint_-_Spiderland.jpg (66 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Slint_-_Spiderland.jpg
66 KB, 300x300
What's with the hype around this album

I mean it's a cool album but why do you fucks think it's the greatest album ever?
>>
>>63811453
idk I haven't listened to it
>>
it's a 8/10 genuinely good album that some shut in faggots on here elevate to GOAT status because they relate to the lyrics talking about depression/autism.

i like it dont get me wrong but its far from #1 album of all time. its not even the best album from its year.
>>
>>63811453
It is beautiful. The buildup to the final track is exquisite. The tone and imagery of the album is consistent without being repetitive. It manages to be slightly experimental (shouting and whispering and 7/4 time Sig etc) yet sound absolutely brilliant, using the experimental techniques as part of a congruent piece of work. Overall it just sounds great desu
>>
>>63811453
I too was wondering the same thing. It's good, but I was expecting something unique and off the walls. Maybe some interesting melodies, harmonies, and/or textures.
Didn't get either of those.
>>
>>63811453
You would too if you actually stepped outside once in a while
>>
>>63811694
accurate.
>>
>>63811453
Fucking plebs.
>>
>>63811761
Don would be proud
>>
Because /mu/ wishes they could join the Four Faggots swimming
>>
>>63811746
reading the lyrics really gave me a new perspective on the album. i think the mood and instrumentation are great, but the lyrics really put it over the edge for me.
>>
>>63811694
I relate to some of the lyrics, but what elevates it to GOAT is all in the instrumentation.
>>
>>63811453
i don't get the hype either...it's alright but i'm not crazy about it
>>
>>63811746
What about how consistently amazing the guitar riffs and bass riffs are across the entire album? Every single track has memorable riffs. I mean, yeah it's not the most melodic album, but the fantastic riffs coupled with Britt's hypnotic drums make for some pretty entrancing music.
>>
because fuckboyism
>>
>>63812527
you talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded
>>
its just a great album, takes a few listens to get fully i would say, though breadcrumb trail had me hooked first listen...
>>
>>63811453
Its a scene kid album that /mu/ does not look down upon which allows for newfags or plebs to continue their edgy lifes without being bullied by others
>>
>>63812145
There are very few memorable riffs you skank. Thats not even the point mane
>>
>>63812145
Maybe I was expecting too much after being promised it was better than Loveless by several anons.
>>
>>63812783
i'd say it's on par with loveless but each for very different reasons.
>>
It took years for this thing to grow on me, for a while I really only liked Washer and Breadcrumb Trail. I think the best thing about Spiderland though is that it's concise, there's no fat on it at all. It's six tracks and about forty minutes, and none of that time really seems like it's wasted. Even For Dinner, which a lot of people claim sort of meanders, sets up the mood is a nice interlude between the emotion of Washer and Good Morning Captain.
>>63812611
From having been friends with a lot of scene kids in high school, this isn't something they would have really been able to get into. Just because you can tag it post-hardcore doesn't make it scene approved.
>>63812641
That riff that opens Breadcrumb Trail is catchy as fuck man.
>>63812783
I don't think a comparison to Loveless is meaningful in any real way. They seem like almost complete opposite approaches in how to make noisy guitar music. Loveless is so "full" with all the effects being used to take build all that fuzz and noise while Spiderland is a lot more bare and stripped-down. I certainly like Spiderland a lot more than Loveless but I'm not a giant shoegaze fan in the first place.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.