[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The only guitar pedal I have is a Big Muff. Where do I go form here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: 153314000000000-00-500x500.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
153314000000000-00-500x500.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
The only guitar pedal I have is a Big Muff. Where do I go form here?
>>
>>63803397
Zvex Fuzz probe
Moogerfooger ring modulator
>>
>>63803397
All you need is that and a wah 2bh
any more and you're practically the edge
>>
Wah
>>
>>63803478
>>63803416
All bad answers

Correct answer - In order

Holy grail reverb
Digitech whammy (try to get hold of the original, if not, don't worry)
Way huge aquapuss analog delay

From here, you can cover pretty much every base and even make forays into experimental out there shit. Happy pedalboard building!
>>
>>63803544
I was memeing you shit
Who the fuck recommends a ring mod to a newbie lmao
>>
A delay is a must-have (Boss DD-3 or DD-7 are good to begin with), and if you like its sound get a wah.
>>
>>63803397
if you plan to play live i'd trade that muff in for a distortion pedal or else good luck being heard.
>>
File: MooerShimverb.jpg (85 KB, 776x800) Image search: [Google]
MooerShimverb.jpg
85 KB, 776x800
Depends on what sound you're going for. The ShimVerb is one of my personal favourites.
>>
>>63803556
You might have been memeing, but it was still incorrect. Like you said, who the fuck recommends a ring mod to a newbie.

Though come to think of it, I'm sure you can find some use for a "fuzz probe" in your "ring modulator." You fucking edgy faggot.
>>
File: reverbri.jpg (45 KB, 734x546) Image search: [Google]
reverbri.jpg
45 KB, 734x546
>>63803596
I want poorfags to get out
The only reverb worth a shit
>>
>>63803397
form where?
>>
>>63803581
I run a boss Super OD into my big muff with Level up, tone middle, and distortion all the way down to boost the sound feeding into it.
>>
>>63803596

>mooer

never again.. the only thing they have going for them is that at least they aren't joyo
>>
>>63803523
Wah Wah
>>
>>63803397
You need an Equalizer and a Compressor.
>>
>>63803605
I already have retard. I own both and combined they make your guitar noisy enough to compete with Masonna
Stop taking a jamaican basketball throwing board seriously
>>
>>63803990
>he didn't get
dumb tripfag
>>
>>63803802
What's so wrong with Mooer? Only problem I've had is that turning it on and off makes a super loud click, so turning it on or off mid-song becomes annoying. The tone is awesome though.
>>
>>63803397
All this info is mostly worthless because you didn't bother sharing what kind of music you do, details about yr guitar or amp, etc
>Plebby suggestions, too.
>>
>>63803990
Obviously butthurt from the probe in the ring modulator...
>>
if your amp is below 50 watts or you have a solid state amp, throw it in the trash and get an overdrive

get a delay pedal, like a strymon El cap or the boss re-20

but it really depends on what kind of music you want to play too. if you're doing more standard rock stuff you don't need a fancy reverb. if you want to do ambient stuff you'd rather have something like a neunaber wet + volume pedal
>>
Anyone have any recommendations for a pitch shifter or wah pedal? I'm trying to make some loud noise rock primarily with bass guitar. Right now i have a Fuzz Factory and a Boss dd-7 delay in the mail. I was looking at the boss ps6 for a pitch shifter but i've heard some bad things. Basically i want to get a lot of crazy weird sounds but still have a lot of control going between distinct sounds. Do i need a compression pedal? I'm still pretty pleb when it comes to gear and setups.
>>
>>63803397
Good guitar and amp.
>>
>>63803397
oh shit! I was planning on getting one of those big muffs as soon as i can. Tested that shit at guitar center and came twice. do u use it through a tube amp OP?
>>
>>63803397
who cares, if you're using one of these then 96% chance you can't play much more than Heart Shaped Box
>>
>>63804913
kek
>>
I put a cheap Klon-type pedal (Movall Minotaur) in front of my muff and once I switch it on it becomes heaven. Used them on stage multiple times and had no problem being heard, even with the drummer, bassist and lead guitarist all playing.
>>
>>63805058
I also own a TC Electronic Hall of Fame Mini for reverb. If you don't need to switch sounds during shows, it's a great value pedal.
>>
buy an eq pedal because you are not going to be heard live
>>
>>63804792
Pls respond :(
>>
>>63805121
If you want crazy sounds, the ps-6 should be fine. Look in to bass synths too.
>>
File: alesis-metavox-642194.jpg (426 KB, 2259x1520) Image search: [Google]
alesis-metavox-642194.jpg
426 KB, 2259x1520
>>63805121
>>63805932
And a vocoder pedal can be fun. I have pic related
>>
>>63805121
compressor pedals are used either for the tone they add to the guitar (dyna comp types) or to level the signal without affecting the tone (builders will market it as a clean compressor)

they can add noise, which is a drawback for some. basically you have to try various compressors out and see if you want one one, but no, you don't necessarily need one.
>>
>>63807033
sorry I meant *what they add to the guitar tone, not the tone they add to the guitar
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.