[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Love-Forever Changes (1967)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Love Forever Changes.jpg (176 KB, 1425x1425) Image search: [Google]
Love Forever Changes.jpg
176 KB, 1425x1425
Why is this album so underrated?
It's the most perfect album I've ever heard yet it's barely mentioned on this god-forsaken music board.

>inb4 "hurr durr it's only a subjective 10/10."

If more people had listened to it, it would overtake ITAOTS as this board's favorite album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdELzBV9pyo
>>
>>63802685
People talk about this album a lot on this board, it's about a 9/10 for me but more people on this board have heard Pet Sounds - a better album.

Oh and this board is not a hivemind
>>
>>63802685
I don't think it's underrated. I think it is generally considered part of the "greatest of all time" dadcore lists.
>>
It's a classic, I think most of us know about it and many love it. I do anyway.

>>63802706
I haven't been able to get into Pet Sounds, I'm afraid it's just not my style. Yet I liked Forever Changes right away.
>>
>>63802706
>Pet Sounds
>The better album

The only people who believe this are anti-Beatles contrarians. It's like saying the TurboGrafx-16 was better than the SNES.
>>
>>63802738
Don't get me wrong Forever Changes is fantastic and the pop songwriting is top notch - I just see more detail in the instrumentation on PS. Great psych pop though
>>
Isn't Alone Again Or like a really heavily covered song? People know about this album, /mu/ just doesn't talk about it.
>>
>>63802748
Not really - I don't dislike the Beatles
>>
>>63802759
Yeah, first time I ever heard it was the version by The Damned.
>>
>>63802759
Read OP's post. It's literally about the album being underrepresented on this board.
>>
>>63802757
>>63802780
>>63802706
Is there something wrong with me because I can't get into Pet Sounds? Like, I understand its significance, but to me it just sounds so simultaneously bland and overdone.
>>
>>63802820
I know this sounds bad but if you can't hear the detail it might be good for you to watch love and mercy
>>
>>63802820
I didn't get it the first few times I listened to it. If you want to understand this record better, they released The Pet Sounds Sessions box set in 1997 which includes instrumental versions and vocal tracks of all songs in the album (it's also available on Spotify if you're a pleb like me). I especially like the instrumental version of Don't Talk, it really brings out the guitar which is barely audible with the vocals.
>>
>>63802748
Pet Sounds makes everything The Beatles recorded sound primitive in comparison.
>>
>>63802685
Thank you for telling me what I think
>>
I listened to it and it was just okay. And it's really not underrated since it's often talked about on goat lists. Actually Odessey and Oracle is similarly rated and it is infinitely better in my opinion.

A truly underrated dad rock album is SF Sorrow by The Pretty Things.
>>
File: 1379712704861.gif (529 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1379712704861.gif
529 KB, 625x626
>>63802685
>underrated
>one of the most popular and critically acclaimed albums of all time
Are you retarded?
>>
>>63802685
Literally the most overrated album of the 60s
>>
I love it, probably my favorite psychedelic pop album from the sixties
much better than Pet Sounds, Sgt Pepper, or Odessey and Oracle in my opinion
>>
File: The United States Of America.jpg (878 KB, 1426x1426) Image search: [Google]
The United States Of America.jpg
878 KB, 1426x1426
Yeah, it's pretty great, but there are better albums, like this one, it's a fucking 10/10
The United States Of America > Pet Sounds > Forever Changes > The Beatles in general > Oddysey & Oracle
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.