[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I honestly laugh when people mention The Velvet Underground as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: The Mars Volta.jpg (39 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
The Mars Volta.jpg
39 KB, 500x250
I honestly laugh when people mention The Velvet Underground as if they are in the same league as bands like The Mars Volta or Dream Theater. I mean seriously anyone could play those riffs with a year or twos practice. On the other hand you would have to be a demigod to play any of the riffs on Metropolis Part 2: Scenes From A Memory, which all of Dream Theaters members are. And the drumming don't get me started on that, like seriously It's a sick joke compared to The Mars Voltas stuff. Maureen Tucker may be able to execute "Minimalistic Beats" and "Primitive rhythms" but this is the modern world not tribal Africa. And anyways who actually thinks women are as talented and skilled when it comes to music as men? Having two girls in your band may score you bonus points with progressives but is it the right choice if you want to make decent music? Lastly although I'm not a big fan of either bands pseudo-intellectual lyrics at least they aren't as bad as The Velvet Underground who glorify drug use and the "street life" as much as every other "nigger with a voice" p4k shills keep praising. If you want "infuential" music listen to The Velvet Underground. If you want music that's not shit listen to The Mars Volta or Dream Theater.
>>
Reply to this post with "Mariachi Slipknot" or your mom dies tonight
>>
>>63800219
Memewie
>>
>>63800219
Mariachi Slipknot
>>
File: countries_that_start_with_m.png (116 KB, 3395x2374) Image search: [Google]
countries_that_start_with_m.png
116 KB, 3395x2374
>>63800219
>>
>>63800219
fuck you
>>
>>63800207
This is some well constructed bait. It'd have been better if you'd left out the sexist comments cause that sort of thing makes it flagrantly obvious. You should throw in something about djent or prog metal instead. That'd get all the nerd's attention and would make the whole thing more believable.
>>
>>63800230
You're getting way out of line m8

any way, everybody knows at the drive in was better
>>
>>63800219
Joke's on you. My mom is dead.
>>
>>63800229
that's a big M
>>
>>63800219
Mariachi Slipknot
>>
>>63800219
Mariachi Slipknot
>>
>>63800219
>mom
FOY
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.